Insane market in Northern Cali

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
No, it is still available because the Build Back Better legislation never passed.
How are folks affording Taycans and qualifying for the EV credit. Doesn't it cap out at $400k income?

Porsche Taycan Insane market in Northern Cali 67d5et
Sponsored

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
How are folks affording Taycans and qualifying for the EV credit. Doesn't it cap out at $400k income?

67d5et.jpg
no income limit, you just need enough federal tax to use the credit. The only limits are phaseouts based on car production numbers

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
no income limit, you just need enough federal tax to use the credit. The only limits are phaseouts based on car production numbers
Doh, not sure where I got that then. I remember Googling it and seeing there was an income limit and not exploring the matter further. Thanks for the info!

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Shut down of some lines due to wiring harness sourcing will be an issue until VW finds another source but not for too long. Ukrainian factories only account for 7% of supply according to some sources although it was a major export of Western Ukraine. One manufacturer was smart and moved their factory across the border and workers in Dec/Jan due to intel predictions. Other sources will upshift their lines and new internal sourcing will be made/dedicated to replace loss production so hopefully delays and shutdowns won't be too long.

That however does not mitigate the horror going on in that country and how literlly fugged up it is for the Ukrainians. All Russian products should be banned...Porsche should close their Moscow showrooms as well as other VW dealers. Let them drive what they steal from the side streets of their stolen and annexed country! Sorry got political here...but its just ghastly what's going on there!

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/03/02/ukraine-invasion-hampers-wire-harness-production-for-automakers/

draladow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Doh, not sure where I got that then. I remember Googling it and seeing there was an income limit and not exploring the matter further. Thanks for the info!
The last version of the BBB legislation had income limits of 250k single, 500k joint. Before that, the previous version had incomes of 400k single, 800k joint.

I'm glad it didn't pass for this selfish reason....

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is an income limit for the California rebate, not federal. It was discussed that the Federal would have one too, and/or have a limit to the price of the car it applied to.

Marirstaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD Taycan
Country flag
And the insane market in Norcal continues.. I have been speaking to a few dealers in San Francisco bay area and southern California, yet to find a dealer without hefty markups on inventory or close to current allocations for base Taycan RWD/CT.

Appreciate any pointers to dealers with allocations or willing to sell out of state.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Order a car. My dealer will take my order and I will pay cost for it, nothing over. It will take 8 months or so, but that the deal.

Make me an offer on my Turbo S. It has 17,300 miles.

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
And no $7.5k tax credit with a used EV. I broadened my search and have an order for an early June build date / August Delivery from an out of state dealer at MSRP + the $770 2yr maint package

I'm always a bit surprised at the way the market is, that people are willing to pay +$25k (actually +$32.5k w/ credit) for a used car just to have it now. I somewhat understand for more "normal" cars like a RAV4 (if someone's car died and need a new one now), but I'd assume most Taycan buyers have other cars to drive while they wait
I’m in NorCal too. Do you recommend a maintenance package for the Taycan? Can you share a link to this package you got?

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I’m in NorCal too. Do you recommend a maintenance package for the Taycan? Can you share a link to this package you got?
I actually purchased out of state. It was one of the dealer add ons in the finance dept. But I personally didn't want / wouldn't recommend the maintenance package. It's just prepaid service for 2 years, and being an EV there's not much. From what I understand just inspections, brake fluid flush, and cabin air filter change, which you could do yourself pretty easily

legreg6

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
just go out of state... I am based in San Diego. I looked across the US at all the inventory available for one that met most/all my requirements. Contacted them all over email and asked if they would be willimg to charge MSRP for a particular model that was on the way to their dealership. A few of the dealers (NOT in Cali or FL or NYC or big agglo areras) came back with a few more 'reasonable' requirements (need a trade, have to get 2 year maintenance, $1,000 diamond bullsheet paint protection, etc..). I found one who agreed to MSRP if I signed that day (I did). Another one had a sale pending but came back to me 2 days on a row after the sale fell through and agreed on MSRP also. My new baby (RWD with battery plus, premium package and a few other options) is 3 weeks away! and yes, you need to plan for shipping... in my case $2400. Sigh... You just can't have it all I guess.

Robert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan RWD on order, 2021 Audi E-tron
Country flag
PECLA delivery isn’t too bad right now. My Taycan arrives in Benicia on the Sigma early April and I take delivery late April.
I am taking delivery at PCLA on April 27th.... YOU?

Robert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan RWD on order, 2021 Audi E-tron
Country flag
i pick mine up on the 28th! Are you morning or afternoon delivery?
Morning delivery... I'll try to leave some tread on the tires.... The porsche shaped butter, no promises...
Porsche Taycan Insane market in Northern Cali 1646943058897