First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
2021 base model taycan with 12k miles. Sold with +$25k on Msrp. o_O
Can I ask what dealer or what city in Northern CA the dealer your were texting is located in ?
Sponsored

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Listed my $100,700 MSRP ‘21 RWD with 7500 miles at $119k just in case. No real intention of letting it go but if somebody really wants it in this market figured I have to say yes if that much over MSPR

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Absolutely agreed. It took me a few hours in January to find three dealers across the country with available allocations for a 4CT at MSRP. All it took was sending a generic email (I stated that I would not pay any market adjustment). The dealership that I purchased from in the Midwest indicated that they had sold their last 3 allocations to customers in California…
I did the same thing. With a little research and flexibility on the options you can find what you want at MSRP plus not have to wait for the order process.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Don't let a dealer scam you over the Felicity Ace. That's ONE boat.

There are many many boats. Thousand and thousands of cars transported all the time.

The loss of one boat does not create a shortage situation. It just creates an additional delay for the unlucky owners on it.

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, Bronco, Foxbody, 2002
Country flag
This seems like the simple supply and demand fundamentals capitalism was built on.

You also have to realize many people have deep pockets. If you’re making enough cash then 25k to have your car now is worth it not to wait 7 months (or more) and getting yanked around by the supply chain.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Don't let a dealer scam you over the Felicity Ace. That's ONE boat.

There are many many boats. Thousand and thousands of cars transported all the time.

The loss of one boat does not create a shortage situation. It just creates an additional delay for the unlucky owners on it.
Maybe not the loss of one boat… but the complete shutdown of all Porsche production lines… yeah that’ll drive the prices nuts yet again ?
And it’s a perception thing. If it looks like there’ll be long delays / shortages, it’ll create a rush in orders & interest, which can’t be met… offer - demand etc.
Several ads now popping up in the UK as well from private sellers with 20% mark up and virtually 0 miles, on 992s as well

Reactions: B61

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Are you new to Porsche? Dealers have been doing this for decades on high demand cars.
I am not new to Porsche having owned several over the last twenty years. There are dealers who will not engage in marking up their cars over MSRP. The ones who do need to be pointed out so people do not do business with them.

GreenDay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4, Porsche Macan S
Country flag
The "S" in MSRP is suggested. The dealer can sell for whatever they want to. What we're seeing is the Taycan price elasticity slowly shift from Cayenne/Macan to that for a GT3 RS, at least in the near term. This is due to things like chip shortages, growing popularity, Felicity Ace etc.

If you're willing to wait, there is no shortage. Reality is that shortage is defined in terms of needing it now(ish). In which case there is a shortage and economics will dictate the rest.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I thought the $7500 is over with already since the beginning of the yr.
Incorrect. Still in place. There are proposals for some new/different EV tax credits, but nothing has passed.
Sponsored