4MBN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5, TTSCT
Country flag
When I first looked at the Ionity network for the UK, I couldn’t help but notice the lack of coverage for the Midlands and M6 corridor.

Whilst looking again this morning, I noticed a new location at Stafford detailed as “now building“ and a little further research resulted in the discovery that the charging points are installed and waiting for DNO activation.

6 points initially installed but it looks like planning has been granted for 17 In total.

A Starbucks has also been built next to them.

This is great news for those who are Midlands/M6 corridor based. The location is less than 2 minutes from J14 (Stafford North).

Even better news for those who work in Stafford and may occasionally require an emergency fast charge! :cool:

Just need my car now!
Sponsored

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
When I first looked at the Ionity network for the UK, I couldn’t help but notice the lack of coverage for the Midlands and M6 corridor.

Whilst looking again this morning, I noticed a new location at Stafford detailed as “now building“ and a little further research resulted in the discovery that the charging points are installed and waiting for DNO activation.

6 points initially installed but it looks like planning has been granted for 17 In total.

This is great news for those who are Midlands/M6 corridor based. The location is less than 2 minutes from J14 (Stafford North).

Even better news for those who work in Stafford and may occasionally require an emergency fast charge! :cool:

Just need my car now!
Hope its better than the one on the M65 which now has been out of action for over 9 mths

Bill C

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport, Taycan Turbo, 911 Turbo cab
Country flag

Just need my car now!
I agree midlands seems to be ignored, yet so much local and passing through trips, need another south of M5 M6 junction.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I am told that IONITY are going to be building one at Tewkesbury soon on land rented from the Porsche centre. It is about 2 minutes from M5 J9

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
I am told that IONITY are going to be building one at Tewkesbury soon on land rented from the Porsche centre. It is about 2 minutes from M5 J9
Have Tewksbury got their own fast chargers installed yet?

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Yes they have. However they are behind the barrier to the centre so are only accessible when the centre is open
Well, thats handy, it'll come in useful on my trips between Bristol and North Notts visiting family.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I agree midlands seems to be ignored, yet so much local and passing through trips, need another south of M5 M6 junction.
Soon you'll be able to get the train to London 4 minutes more quickly, so you won't need to use the car.

Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Good location close to the M6 toll 👍

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Hope its better than the one on the M65 which now has been out of action for over 9 mths
I did a drive by last month when passing close even though I didn’t need to charge to check it out as it is my local Ionity.
It is all up and running and has been since April I think.
It was down for nearly a year I think due to some kind of dispute.

V10tdi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 991.2,discovery sport, defender 90 300tdi
Country flag
Fantastic find perfect for my run from Scotland to Birmingham tomorrow 👍
Sponsored