Pedrotaycan

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Eclass
Country flag
Is cruise control standard in the Taycan RWD?
Just normal cruise control, not the adaptive cruise control which I know is an added option.

Also my dealer said that PASM is standard, but I think he misunderstood.
Sponsored

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Is cruise control standard? 1623860089005

You can see the standard options by going to the configurator and scrolling to the very bottom and clicking the Standard equipment button.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Air suspension is not standard on the RWD in the UK, instead it comes with steel springs. Your region might have a different base specification.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Cruise control and a speed limiter (camera governed speed limit control) are standard.

Adaptive cruise control (ACC) is extra but unless you spend a lot of time in stop start traffic it is hard to justify.

As mentioned above check the standard spec sheet for your location.

OP
OP

Pedrotaycan

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Eclass
Country flag
Cruise control and a speed limiter (camera governed speed limit control) are standard.

Adaptive cruise control (ACC) is extra but unless you spend a lot of time in stop start traffic it is hard to justify.

As mentioned above check the standard spec sheet for your location.
So the ACC works in slow bumper to bumper traffic too?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not sure - ACC + Innodrive gives you everything. Innodrive includes Traffic Jam Assist if that's what you're after.

Suggest reviewing the details on the Porsche website and download the Porsche Good To Know App and read the content there.

I don't have / need ACC (or Innodrive) so can't be 100% certain.

If you have ACC you can add Innodrive as an FoD option later (and try before you buy on a subscription basis).

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The basic cruise control is standard. PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) is also standard (on all their cars), and is not the same as the air suspension option. Some models (e.g., the 911) have a Sport PASM option ("SPASM") but that is not offered for the Taycan.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
So the ACC works in slow bumper to bumper traffic too?
ACC works in bumper to bumper traffic. However, if you end up stopped for more than 15 seconds, I believe it switches to a Hold and you have to press the accelerator to get going again. I don't know why it's implemented this way, and I find it annoying. I've already had a couple times where traffic starts moving again after 15 seconds and I'm sitting there wondering why the car isn't moving forward.

But generally speaking, it works in bumper to bumper traffic just fine. Note that it does not work super well with cars merging into your lane in front of you, as it tends to notice the car later than a human would generally respond to a car merging in front of them.
Sponsored