bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
I have owned various cars. My 2023 4SCT is the only one I have ever bought new that had no issues. 5K miles, and nothing to complain about so far.
WORST CAR EVER: 2001 BMW 330Xi. Wow, everything broke from the steering box to the muffler. How does a muffler break in the first year? It literally left me on the side of the road because exhaust would not pass through it. Outrageous how bad that car was and expensive to fix. My Merkur XR4Ti was more reliable.
Sponsored

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
well it’s not that straight forward. I had a X5 45e with issues so i changed hoping i would be better off but now it looks like things got even worse in terms of reliability and customer service

does it look great / drive great: yeah it does

I've got a Panamera of the dealership in the meantime after complaining about the situation. They gave me a Macan first which I absolutely didn't like to drive. Customer service is not what is used to be anymore. It takes a lot of complaining to receive some support really. When I went in to swap the Macan for the Panamera, I checked out my car that is on the parking lot. It was covered in bird shit ... so not only do I miss my car and I cannot drive it, I have to hope it's not messed up from standing on the parking lot for months. I went back in to ask them to clean it and they said they would but it shows they don't keep an eye on these cars in the parking lot. So I'll have to inspect my stealth PPF / paint when I eventually get it back and hope it's not fubar.
Also had a Macan during the PCM upgrade last year and was not impressed at all - did not feel like a Porsche.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Another consideration when choosing between a Taycan and Corolla comes through the infinite wisdom of Jeremy Clarkson:
How sad is it that I knew exactly what he's saying in that clip without watching it. (Even heard the intonation, rhythm and pretty sure I can imagine the background, too.)

Like software, cupholders are something Porsche is new at. My 2001 911 had no cupholders at all, but it has a nav system (primitive even for those days, but it was there), so they are newer at cupholders than software.
Well, the 996 has had cupholders pretty much from inception - yours didn't because they can either do software or cupholders, but not both.

(The nav competed for space with the cupholders.)

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Definition of "worth" is a price that someone is willing to pay. So it's worth it for many people. "Return on Investment" however is a different matter. If that's what you meant, buy a Prius.

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hello guys!

I’m planning to buy a new 2023 Porsche Taycan. Of course I watch a lot of videos, read a lot of threads but my questions is to those who own a Taycan at the moment, is it worth buying?

Are there really heater problems and battery problems that often that makes the car not driveable?

I really want to buy it but if there are so many problems I think I’m going to look for other cars.
In general, the issues appear to have been addressed. Also note that internet forums/blogs etc tend to over index on the negative where people are venting frustrations due to a void of information on a topic.

I've had just over 12000KM of trouble free driving (excluding a boot lid mechanism that was promptly fixed). My update: Taycan CT4S | 12000 Km update

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Definition of "worth" is a price that someone is willing to pay. So it's worth it for many people. "Return on Investment" however is a different matter. If that's what you meant, buy a Prius.
Can fun and enjoyment can also be considered a return on investment?

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
WORST CAR EVER: 2001 BMW 330Xi. Wow, everything broke from the steering box to the muffler. How does a muffler break in the first year? It literally left me on the side of the road because exhaust would not pass through it. Outrageous how bad that car was and expensive to fix. My Merkur XR4Ti was more reliable.
Wow! That shows exactly how 2 people look at the same brand: the best car I have owned in terms of reliability was my 2001 330ci! Loved that car to bits. 120k mile when I sold it, just petrol and services. I have still got a photo of it :)
Porsche Taycan Is it worth buying 2023 Porsche Taycan C50-F8-B9-A-36-F6-4-E96-86-A4-5-C7960-D213-CC

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can fun and enjoyment can also be considered a return on investment?
Without a sliver of a doubt. Regular driving enjoyment and comfort on the road has plenty of health benefits.

I would propose a new KPI called IOOLQ - Improvement On Overall Life Quality.

Last edited:

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
I have owned various cars. My 2023 4SCT is the only one I have ever bought new that had no issues. 5K miles, and nothing to complain about so far.
I cursed myself saying this. Now:
  • Sirius XM went out for a day and then came back (not my subscription, hardware)
  • The PCM screen says my Sirius XM subscription has changed, when it hasn't
  • My front left parking light/turn indicator doesn't work (didn't bump into anything)
  • My right charging port cover won't close (manual kind -not the motorized option)
  • The phone app says my window is open when it isn't

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
These two are not your car being broken, they are “by (bad) design”.

• The PCM screen says my Sirius XM subscription has changed, when it hasn't
That is just lack of user experience design, like the stupid ding notifications every time a new map fragment loads while road tripping. My XM notifications stopped after a while, but could be because I don’t have a subscription.

The phone app says my window is open when it isn't
That’s been a bug for a while. I suspect it’s a side effect of Porsche software engineers splicing together a bunch of software components and not having a clue how to fix it, since they didn’t write the components, they only use them

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
I’ve had my MY22 Taycan RWD for a year this week. Done 13600 miles. It’s been mildly glitchy software wise but no more than my Audi I had before it and my BMW before that. Never had the heater issue. Had a planned recall. All in all it’s been an ace car so far. Like people have said. Rarely do people write when their cars are great. Usually when they are shit so it’s gives a disproportionate view. I felt exactly the same when researching in 2021 when I ordered the car. Go for it.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Wow! That shows exactly how 2 people look at the same brand: the best car I have owned in terms of reliability was my 2001 330ci! Loved that car to bits. 120k mile when I sold it, just petrol and services. I have still got a photo of it :)

Nice- I also owned an e46 for 10 years. Overall, it was a pretty good car though it did have some issues:
-lots of squeaks and rattles that the dealer never coudl solve
-rear spring broke after a few years ( a known issue)
-window regulartor broke (another known issue)
-car would tramline escessively; tried multiple sets of tires, alignments, etc.

I went on to own several more BMWs, and each of them had some annoying quality issues including squeaks and rattles. Ironically, the most troublefree car I've ever owned is our current Range Rover Sport! So...it's always a crapshoot. Just buy what you like and hope for the best.

Also reading forums like these about any car model will dissuade you from ever wanting to own that model. Always lots of issues, some scary.
Sponsored