First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Hello guys!

I’m planning to buy a new 2023 Porsche Taycan. Of course I watch a lot of videos, read a lot of threads but my questions is to those who own a Taycan at the moment, is it worth buying?

Are there really heater problems and battery problems that often that makes the car not driveable?

I really want to buy it but if there are so many problems I think I’m going to look for other cars.
I had a March 22 CT 4S and experienced probably all the issues which were eventually sorted. Lost faith in in…..but …..Replacement April 23 version has had zero problems so far. I would say try it!
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
That’s what I think too. Even though I love the way the car looks etc. There are too many problems with the car it’s not ready. Maybe in 3-4 years I will buy one. Thanks for your answer! I hope everything works out for your car in the future.
Let us know what car you find that is problem free. Personally I don't think you will find a car about which you don't find any horror stories on the internet. As I mentioned before, if reliability is your main concern, but from an established reliable manufacturer like Toyota, but a car which they make the most of (Corolla/Camry) because that means parts are much more readily available should you need a repair (due to failure or accident). I would also aim for as low tech as you can get it - the more electronics in the car, the more things which can go wrong. My kids drive Corollas, they just out gas in them and do regular maintenance. I've owned Toyotas and Lexuses, same, gas and regular maintenance and they go forever. One of kids has Apple CarPlay in the Corolla, which doesn't always work, but mostly it does - so as I said, you want to increase the chances of problem free, get the least features you can buy.

PS> Check out the old Top Gear quest to kill a Toyota pickup truck - they even put it on a roof of a multi story building being demolished by explosives - the darn thing lived, they managed to drive it away after minor DYI fixes on-site. I sincerely doubt Taycan could survive even a fraction of what they threw at that pickup truck.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
To answer the topic's question

"Is it worth buying 2023 Porsche Taycan?"

Once in a while I have doubts when I'm at home or at work and I think how much it cost me. Could have invested the money in real estate and bought a Toyota Corolla.

But then, once I get into the car...

"Hell yeah, it was worth it" 😎

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I have decided to keep my Toyota Prius. Mainly needs something for road trips. would love to have the Cross Turismo for road trips but i an't digging my own grave

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I have decided to keep my Toyota Prius. Mainly needs something for road trips. would love to have the Cross Turismo for road trips but i an't digging my own grave
I use my CT for road trips. It’s been great at that so far.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
i dont want to hunt for chargers. they an't plentiful in rural area
Understandable. Charging infrastructure has a long way to go still.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I use my CT for road trips. It’s been great at that so far.
Just did a roadtrip in my CT this past weekend. Loved it. Had some nice windy highways where Sport Plus with PDCC was fun to use, as was unleashing the full power of the car, and proper brakes too. Similar trip in a Model S would have likely ended up with occasional brake fade (lots of curves and elevation changes).

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sooo... not a battery pack issue or heater concern (my sympathies to those with those issues), but now 18 months into my 2022 Taycan 4S ownership I noticed that the rubber covering the little prongs that sit inside the cupholders that move in and out to conform to the width of the cup (you know those things) is starting to peel a bit. Probably because I push cups in there from time to time like one does when using cupholders. Dunno if that would prevent you from buying a Taycan... but I like my cupholder prongs PRISTENE.

Other than the car alarm motion issue that the dealer fixed and some slight complaints about the leather on my drivers seat/wrinkly bolsters, this is the biggest complaint i've had with the car. Mechanically, it's been perfect.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sooo... not a battery pack issue or heater concern (my sympathies to those with those issues), but now 18 months into my 2022 Taycan 4S ownership I noticed that the rubber covering the little prongs that sit inside the cupholders that move in and out to conform to the width of the cup (you know those things) is starting to peel a bit. Probably because I push cups in there from time to time like one does when using cupholders. Dunno if that would prevent you from buying a Taycan... but I like my cupholder prongs PRISTENE.

Other than the car alarm motion issue that the dealer fixed and some slight complaints about the leather on my drivers seat/wrinkly bolsters, this is the biggest complaint i've had with the car. Mechanically, it's been perfect.
I am not crazy about the cupholders in my Taycan. I like driving in silence, and with a metal coffee cup in, it rattles.

Like software, cupholders are something Porsche is new at. My 2001 911 had no cupholders at all, but it had a nav system (primitive even for those days, but it was there), so they are newer at cupholders than software.

Last edited:

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My native Spotify didn't load my playlists this morning. Maybe because I redid them on pc yesterday but it was annoying. Had to hear local radio on my way to work.

Would never happen in a Toyota 😂

tomahawkBE

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I feel you. I have been there before. It’s a problem if that’s the only car you drive. If not, once problems are sorted you’ll enjoy it again. Would you change your woman just because she is throwing a tantrum…? Sure first answer would be yes…then you think what the replacement could possibly be… and it’s probably wise to keep her than let her go…
I had my Caravelle 1 Year now and spent 3 month at the garage and 20k of repair (under warranty). Still can’t find anything better I would be happy to drive and to be seen in…
well it’s not that straight forward. I had a X5 45e with issues so i changed hoping i would be better off but now it looks like things got even worse in terms of reliability and customer service

does it look great / drive great: yeah it does
Ah if I buy a Taycan, that would be my only car. If it takes months to fix anything I would be so pissed. Most dealers don’t even give a car in that time unfortunately.
I've got a Panamera of the dealership in the meantime after complaining about the situation. They gave me a Macan first which I absolutely didn't like to drive. Customer service is not what is used to be anymore. It takes a lot of complaining to receive some support really. When I went in to swap the Macan for the Panamera, I checked out my car that is on the parking lot. It was covered in bird shit ... so not only do I miss my car and I cannot drive it, I have to hope it's not messed up from standing on the parking lot for months. I went back in to ask them to clean it and they said they would but it shows they don't keep an eye on these cars in the parking lot. So I'll have to inspect my stealth PPF / paint when I eventually get it back and hope it's not fubar.

Därk

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-24Range Rover Sport, -23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Yes its worth it. My 2023 Taycan GTS has no issues so far. It is an amazing vehicle.
Sponsored