SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Wow I didn’t know that. I thought 2024 models starts production around november. What are the different in 2024 models?
No difference that we know of but the price increase and I stand corrected by @DougFrisk some colors have been phased out. Any differences noted are at option level such as cuhpohlder trim in leather.
Sponsored

tomahawkBE

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hello guys!

I’m planning to buy a new 2023 Porsche Taycan. Of course I watch a lot of videos, read a lot of threads but my questions is to those who own a Taycan at the moment, is it worth buying?

Are there really heater problems and battery problems that often that makes the car not driveable?

I really want to buy it but if there are so many problems I think I’m going to look for other cars.
I waited for a year and three months to have the car fail on me after two months of ownership. I’m still waiting on the repairs. If I had known, I probably would have bought a Panamera hybrid instead …

OP
OP

Szabos

First Name
Szabó
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, Mercedes ML 320
Country flag
I waited for a year and three months to have the car fail on me after two months of ownership. I’m still waiting on the repairs. If I had known, I probably would have bought a Panamera hybrid instead …
Damn, that’s very sad to hear. What was the problem with your car?

tomahawkBE

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Damn, that’s very sad to hear. What was the problem with your car?
I don’t even know if they know properly but battery pack is being replaced

They sent logs to Germany for analysis. Then no stock on repair parts. Then only one guy knows how to do it. Doesn’t feel prime time ready if you would ask me.

OP
OP

Szabos

First Name
Szabó
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t even know if they know properly but battery pack is being replaced

They sent logs to Germany for analysis. Then no stock on repair parts. Then only one guy knows how to do it. Doesn’t feel prime time ready if you would ask me.
That’s what I think too. Even though I love the way the car looks etc. There are too many problems with the car it’s not ready. Maybe in 3-4 years I will buy one. Thanks for your answer! I hope everything works out for your car in the future.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
When I buy my toys it is because I fall in love with them and there is an emotional connection to them. Taycan is no exception. It’s irrelevant if it will brake down, or it’s imperfect. I bought it because it’s sexy and feels special when I drive it.

tomahawkBE

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
When I buy my toys it is because I fall in love with them and there is an emotional connection to them. Taycan is no exception. It’s irrelevant if it will brake down, or it’s imperfect. I bought it because it’s sexy and feels special when I drive it.
I get that, it looks amazing, like a super car. Only wishing I can drive it more than it is in the garage. So far 2 months driving, already 3 months garage perhaps going to be 4 months before I get it back if that is even correct. That’s not a ratio that I’m ok with to be honest. Already struggling to not get rid of it now … even though I agree it looks amazing and it’s an awesome car when you can drive it. I don’t think I can handle a similar situation more than once to be honest.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For every car you read about with battery or heater issues there are multiple cars that haven't seen the service center except for scheduled maintenance and upgrades.

If you read this forum it can seem like everyone has had the HV battery fail, but no one seeks out this forum to post their satisfaction with how the battery just keeps chugging along.

The heater failures do seem to be an issue affecting all cars built prior to very early 2023, but Porsche seems to be making quite an effort to replace them as quickly as possible.

Is it worth it? No, by no objective measure is a Taycan "worth it" It's a luxury item and there are dozens of choices that are more cost effective. Is it worth it to you? That's between you and your exchequer.

For us, we've decided it's worth it.
The regular enjoyment and versatility of the car from a sporty Sunday drive to a comfortable daily car (even the wife can stand it, not to be underestimated!) makes it worth every penny.

In particular if I compare it to some other “luxury” purchases people spend money on that subjectively make little sense.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I get that, it looks amazing, like a super car. Only wishing I can drive it more than it is in the garage. So far 2 months driving, already 3 months garage perhaps going to be 4 months before I get it back if that is even correct. That’s not a ratio that I’m ok with to be honest. Already struggling to not get rid of it now … even though I agree it looks amazing and it’s an awesome car when you can drive it. I don’t think I can handle a similar situation more than once to be honest.
I feel you. I have been there before. It’s a problem if that’s the only car you drive. If not, once problems are sorted you’ll enjoy it again. Would you change your woman just because she is throwing a tantrum…? Sure first answer would be yes…then you think what the replacement could possibly be… and it’s probably wise to keep her than let her go…
I had my Caravelle 1 Year now and spent 3 month at the garage and 20k of repair (under warranty). Still can’t find anything better I would be happy to drive and to be seen in…

OP
OP

Szabos

First Name
Szabó
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I feel you. I have been there before. It’s a problem if that’s the only car you drive. If not, once problems are sorted you’ll enjoy it again. Would you change your woman just because she is throwing a tantrum…? Sure first answer would be yes…then you think what the replacement could possibly be… and it’s probably wise to keep her than let her go…
I had my Caravelle 1 Year now and spent 3 month at the garage and 20k of repair (under warranty). Still can’t find anything better I would be happy to drive and to be seen in…
Ah if I buy a Taycan, that would be my only car. If it takes months to fix anything I would be so pissed. Most dealers don’t even give a car in that time unfortunately.

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good to hear that there are no problems with the Taycan 2023 models. If I order now I will probably get the 2024 Taycans if I’m not wrong. Let’s hope it’s going to work smooth.
There is no car in the world that may not have a problem.
Mechanical electrical products and automated manufacturing is complex and with more and more software components will always result in some issues… that is the reality.
You need to look beyond the problems… and enjoy one of the best looking/ driving EVs available today.

Volvos are known to be super reliable, and actually are …. (until one reads the Volvo forums, and then one starts to think again !).
Same here, with this forum… there will always be more issues mentioned on forums rather than posts that everything is great. The very nature of forums !

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ah if I buy a Taycan, that would be my only car. If it takes months to fix anything I would be so pissed. Most dealers don’t even give a car in that time unfortunately.
Based on your concerns about reliability, if a Taycan would be your only car and you need the car on a daily basis, I'd suggest you not buy a Taycan. I like mine, but in 18 months, it has been in the shop twice, and has had to wait for parts for a week each time. Only waiting a week for parts is speedy. I have another car, so the Taycan being unavailable is a problem I can work around.

The Taycan is new technology. New to owners, Porsche sales people, service techs, and to the manufacturer. Usually a dealership only has a few (or one) tech(s) trained to repair Taycans. Scheduling service and waiting for parts can lengthen repair times. Maybe loaner car from dealer is available, or maybe you have to wait for a loaner car.

Last edited:

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If your primary goal is reliability, buy a Honda or a Toyota. Don’t buy a Taycan. Or any Porsche for that matter.
Sponsored