Is Swissvax £599 worth it ?

103 CR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo , Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4.2
Country flag
Hi , picking up my new Taycan turbo later this week from Porsche retail group Uk Reading (PRG. )
I have been offered Swissvax for £599 with a free annual reapplication and detailing for two further years.
PRG are saying it makes a noticeable difference and is way better than ceramic coating which is tricky to remove . Apparently dirt just falls off the Swissvax making it easy to maintain and it looks super glossy.
Anyone have any experience of Swissvax / recommend it ?

thanks in advance.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
PPF + GTECHNIQ HALO ceramic coating. Done.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
When I got offered it by my dealer I asked what it was. And after some gumf I said "So it's wax then. I can wax it myself, with a carnauba-based wax I have at home". He sheepishly admitted that and threw it in for free.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi , picking up my new Taycan turbo later this week from Porsche retail group Uk Reading (PRG. )
I have been offered Swissvax for £599 with a free annual reapplication and detailing for two further years.
PRG are saying it makes a noticeable difference and is way better than ceramic coating which is tricky to remove . Apparently dirt just falls off the Swissvax making it easy to maintain and it looks super glossy.
Anyone have any experience of Swissvax / recommend it ?

thanks in advance.
move had it done in the past on my cayennes that I purchased from Hatfield.

Tbh you can buy it yourself and do it yourself. Like any wax it needs reapplying and can be stripped off so may need to be done more than 1 a year. I typically did it myself to my car twice a year. With wax the car has a warm glow which I didn’t think ceramic can replicate.

but on my taycan I have ppf and ceramic and no need for as much maintenance. That said I still own the wax pot that I bought so for the warm glow I could apply it though there now seems little point

when I purchased the Porsche specific wax it did appear to bead and look better than the one I was given in the kit that I got when I paid that £599

Porsche specific swissvax

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I have it on my 1 month old volcano CT4S. I didn't ask for it, but they had done it anyway. For my mind, dealer supplied wax, scotch guard etc falls into the same bucket as mobile phone insurance from a phone shop in value for money/value added.
Anyway, my car is probably a bit easier to clean i think (lucky mobile carwash man), and it looks very nice when it is clean (as does any new car i'd say). But dirt certainly doesn't just fall off it or even rinse off with a hosepipe.

I know sweet f.a. about detailing, but i was 90% decided to get ceramic coating based largely on info from here. My mindset is now that i'll maybe do that in a few months when the wax wears out (not sure how i will tell when that will be!). It would be good to know how dirt 'falls off' ceramic compared to swissvax though. If it's the same, I won't bother with the ceramic. Have front ppf.