Is Porsche is looking to release a Taycan 4 (Non-CT)?

brisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
I did a search and didn't find anything (or I am lacking searching skills)

Does anyone know if Porsche is looking to release a Taycan 4 (Non-CT)?
Called the dealership and they didn't hear anything, so I am assuming not...but thought I'd ask!
Sponsored

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don’t think so because I think that hardly makes sense. The 4 is because the CT is also “off road”. In order for that to happen, they need to have AWD, hence 2 motors. If they ever made a Taycan 4, why not just buy 4S then? It would be a 4S with digital speed limiter for 0-60 For cheaper. Taycan RWD already feels like it can definitely be faster than the stock 0-60 and is being limited via software. If anything I wouldn’t mind if porsche ever came out with an OTA that boosts the 0-60 just a touch for the performance plus rwd models.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I think a Taycan S is more likely, a higher performance RWD. Then again, it's really not hard to make the RWD car struggle for traction as is if conditions aren't absolutely perfect.

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
A Taycan RWD without software limitations would make more sense.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
The hardware in the CT4 is identical to CT4S except for paint colour on the brake callipers (hardware is the same though). As Porsche is all about margins and the cost to make a 4S is identical to a 4, and they are now heavily back ordered throughout the range I think it’ll be a cold day in hell they’ll start offering a Taycan 4. Much more likely they offer an unrestricted RWD that comes close to 4S performance minus the weight in the front and with that all so special red paint on the callipers and that plastic S on the back. People will happily drop the extra $15k for that extra performance , and Porsche will take all the price uplift as pure profit as the car will be mechanically identical to the cheaper priced RWD

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
I don't see it with the current pricing of the RWD and CT4. Maybe a 4 would be the same price as a CT4 or ~$1k difference. With AWD you would want the PB+, and most likely the reason Porsche included it with the CT4 as standard.

Right now the CT4 is the best bang for the buck.

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
The hardware in the CT4 is identical to CT4S except for paint colour on the brake callipers (hardware is the same though). As Porsche is all about margins and the cost to make a 4S is identical to a 4, and they are now heavily back ordered throughout the range I think it’ll be a cold day in hell they’ll start offering a Taycan 4. Much more likely they offer an unrestricted RWD that comes close to 4S performance minus the weight in the front and with that all so special red paint on the callipers and that plastic S on the back. People will happily drop the extra $15k for that extra performance , and Porsche will take all the price uplift as pure profit as the car will be mechanically identical to the cheaper priced RWD
I honestly think Porsche would not do a RWD S because the price is not much lower than the 4S. Why would you spend only 5-10k less for one less motor and less performance? If anything, as I said in another thread; I would rather have Porsche Taycan RWD with PDP to have a paid performance boost. Maybe pay around 5k to get a faster 0-60 for those who wants it. Then you would essentially have Base, Base with PDP and performance boost, 4S, GTS, Turbo, Turbo S. I think that makes more sense. I also think that would make the Taycan on paper a lot more competitive.

Mathys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X3 30e
Country flag
I’d take a facelift Taycan S Sport Turismo at a price point right between the base and 4S!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I put a deposit down in summer of 2018 planning on a Taycan 4 to replace our Panamera 4. January of ‘21 was when we finally gave up and ordered a 4S.

We’re not unhappy with the result.

OP
OP

brisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
Thank you all for your responses and I guess it makes sense.
Guess it will either be a RWD or 4S for me.
Just didn't need all the power of a 4S but wanted AWD for winter driving.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I think it's unlikely they release any more trims in general, since usually the gts is the last trim released for any porsche
Sponsored