Buckeye

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It’s possible they sold you a lemon. It’s also possible that something broke shortly after you bought it. It always sucks when stuff breaks but I’m sure they will fix it. Hopefully they get you squared away quickly.
Thanks, just hard to believe they didn’t see this previously. It’s a 2020 Turbo and a Porsche Exec car
Sponsored

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
This forum seems to not like links to other car owner forums. Google is your friend.
I tried googling this - no luck after 20 mins or so… any other clues you can give to help pin down the thread with the suggested DIY fix …. This is a just in case effort given I have had the red circle once …. Before it fixed itself ……

Buckeye

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It’s possible they sold you a lemon. It’s also possible that something broke shortly after you bought it. It always sucks when stuff breaks but I’m sure they will fix it. Hopefully they get you squared away quickly.
Well, dealer now says they need to replace HV battery components. Will take a month to fix. Should I push for whole new battery? 2020 Turbo with only 5k miles, crazy

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Well, dealer now says they need to replace HV battery components. Will take a month to fix. Should I push for whole new battery? 2020 Turbo with only 5k miles, crazy
I’d definitely push for it. Worst that can happen is they say no.

Buckeye

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I tired that and they said no. Still believe one will be in my future.
If they have it a month and this Red light warning comes on again I’m going to be really upset with Porsche. Can’t believe this isn’t a wide spread problem with 2020 batteries. Just replace them with newer better designed ones and let’s go. When you spend over $100k on a car it should be driveable from Day 1.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
If they have it a month and this Red light warning comes on again I’m going to be really upset with Porsche. Can’t believe this isn’t a wide spread problem with 2020 batteries. Just replace them with newer better designed ones and let’s go. When you spend over $100k on a car it should be driveable from Day 1.
Agree but it’s not just the 2020 all years have battery problems. Consider yourself lucky if it only takes a month. Hope you get your car back soon.

Buckeye

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Agree but it’s not just the 2020 all years have battery problems. Consider yourself lucky if it only takes a month. Hope you get your car back soon.
I thought as Porsche moved along from the initial model in 2020 the battery issues subsided. No?

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
I thought as Porsche moved along from the initial model in 2020 the battery issues subsided. No?
No it’s prevalent in all years. There was a poll on this forum and all years were about the same.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Here's a link to the poll for what it's worth... https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/dreaded-red-electrical-system-error-poll.17184/

Small sample size and majority of responses indicate no issues with their batteries so far.
Yep that’s the poll I was talking about. I know it’s a very small sample size but out of all the votes 42% of people had battery failures through the model years. Now I do not think it’s anywhere near this high in reality. I do believe it’s far more common than it should be though. Every time I visit my dealer there is one Taycan in the back getting its battery replaced. Porsche really need to step up on this one. Once the battery warranty is out I’m not sure who would want to own this with the cost of replacement.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep that’s the poll I was talking about. I know it’s a very small sample size but out of all the votes 42% of people had battery failures through the model years. Now I do not think it’s anywhere near this high in reality. I do believe it’s far more common than it should be though. Every time I visit my dealer there is one Taycan in the back getting its battery replaced. Porsche really need to step up on this one. Once the battery warranty is out I’m not sure who would want to own this with the cost of replacement.
Yeah, I definitely agree. Cost of battery repair and replacement must come down significantly.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Hi all, got into my car this evening after it has been parked in my garage all day (not plugged in) and everything electrical inside powered up (unlocked, displays powered up, radio turned on, etc.) along with an error message “Electrical System Error > Park vehicle in a safe place”. I can’t put the car in reverse or park. I tried plugging in my charger and got an error in the car “charging is not possible”.

Is this the dreaded 12v issue? Am I bricked? Call dealer and have them put it on a flat bed? I can’t put it in reverse so how the F are they going to get it out of my garage!?

2 pictures included
7B88DC04-83D2-46F4-9D73-02926394C88A.jpeg

AB55E089-2696-4346-885C-EB04E8CB0462.jpeg
This has happened to me twice...once while parked in the city a few weeks ago, and then recently in my garage...waited 15 minutes or so, and the car did reset/reboot. But I took it in yesterday to the dealer anyway for quick review and they're also going to do some additional updates that I didn't' know even existed, I hope this fixes the dreaded " red circle" problem. Otherwise I'm concerned with driving it too far from home!

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This has happened to me twice...once while parked in the city a few weeks ago, and then recently in my garage...waited 15 minutes or so, and the car did reset/reboot. But I took it in yesterday to the dealer anyway for quick review and they're also going to do some additional updates that I didn't' know even existed, I hope this fixes the dreaded " red circle" problem. Otherwise I'm concerned with driving it too far from home!
Please share your Car Scanner data particularly the SoH and cell voltage map.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
I don't have all that although I'm now told that it's Cell #6....so calls into Germany and we'll see.
Sponsored