DNADoc

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
I had the Electrical System Error, Park Car in a Safe Place error Back in August. Locked the car, waited 5 minutes reentered car and fault was gone. It hasn't recurred. Hope you have similar good fortune.

Buck

Jsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve had the same issue a couple times in the last month. I took it in over the weekend and today was told that they have to replace the “high voltage charger”.

There are apparently only a couple stateside so hopefully one can be here by Friday, installed early next week. It would be about an 11-day stay at the Porsche Service Center. Will update with stays next week.

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
Same fault here on a 22 CT4S. Car reset within 5 mins. Hmmmm

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a similar issue and my charger cable was bad….they replaced the cable

Boycie

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Mine came up with a yellow fault yesterday - decided not to drive it again other than to Porsche.

IMG_9562.jpg
Hi, what was the outcome please. My Cross Turismo 4S was taken away on tow truck today to Porsche dealer with this same fault and I am somewhat worried?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, what was the outcome please. My Cross Turismo 4S was taken away on tow truck today to Porsche dealer with this same fault and I am somewhat worried?
You will know soon enough....

550superfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Battery Condition -
Faults for the high voltage convertor that line up with the warnings in the instrument cluster, I am awaiting a technical ticket from Porsche as to whether to replace this and the high voltage charger in the car.
Both replaced.

JDog

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 2020 4S
Country flag
Same red electrical system error twice for me yesterday. 2020 Taycan 4S with 16K miles. Vehicle started up fine after locking car and walking away for 10 minutes. Curious whether this issue remained an isolated event(s) for the original poster or if any other more fortunate individuals with this problem avoided the need for high voltage battery replacement?

lubricious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same red electrical system error twice for me yesterday. 2020 Taycan 4S with 16K miles. Vehicle started up fine after locking car and walking away for 10 minutes. Curious whether this issue remained an isolated event(s) for the original poster or if any other more fortunate individuals with this problem avoided the need for high voltage battery replacement?
I just got the same error message today today on the way to work. 2021 4S, 10k miles... did you get it checked out and what did the dealership say?

JDog

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 2020 4S
Country flag
I just got the same error message today today on the way to work. 2021 4S, 10k miles... did you get it checked out and what did the dealership say?
My Taycan is currently at dealership (dropped off this morning). They are currently working up the problem and are not sure whether it is a quick software fix or something more invasive.

Helixer

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 Carrera 991.2 and 2020 Cayenne
Country flag
As I've posted before, I'm choosing to wait for the beta trial to end before I buy. Please don't "what about Tesla" me. Porsche should be contrite about selling this car, and I'm a Porsche lover!

JDog

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 2020 4S
Country flag
They suspect
My Taycan is currently at dealership (dropped off this morning). They are currently working up the problem and are not sure whether it is a quick software fix or something more invasive.
They suspect that there are some faulty cell(s) in the main battery…put me up in a nice loaner Cayenne though in the meantime.
Sponsored