gkellogg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Porsche CS Cab, 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Although TYD hasn't updated for me just yet, the Glovis Superior made it to Benicia last night, having missed its scheduled arrival on June 9th (which was after the predicted June 4th arrival). It spent several days anchored off of San Francisco for some unknown reason, probably missed its original arrival window.

With luck, cars might be at dealerships (Porsche Marin, for me) later next week. But, I'll believe it when I see it, at this point.
Looks like the end of this week, at the earliest, which is what TYD says; no stop sale, but it needs a software update before it can be released to the dealer. Build was submitted January 3rd, and completed manufacturing on March 28th. Didn't get shipped until May 5th, and spent longer than usual getting to Benicia on June 13th. Hope to have it by the end of the month, who knows at this point.
Sponsored

RivaRidge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Wild how yours only sat in Baltimore for a couple weeks. A lot of us have had our cars at the local port for 5+ weeks now and no movement. Mine's been in houston since 5/16 and shows delivery to the dealer 6/15 (it's 6/18 now and no movement lol)

Just shows theres no rhyme/reason to Porsche's logistical planning lol.
Mine has also been in Houston since 5/17 with delivery to the dealer (Denver) on 6/16 (originally end of may). Why do they even bother with this tracking app? Trying to put it all in perspective but it’s disappointing.

Winterfell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT 4S
Country flag
Wild how yours only sat in Baltimore for a couple weeks. A lot of us have had our cars at the local port for 5+ weeks now and no movement. Mine's been in houston since 5/16 and shows delivery to the dealer 6/15 (it's 6/18 now and no movement lol)

Just shows theres no rhyme/reason to Porsche's logistical planning lol.
Mine has also been in Houston since 5/17 with delivery to the dealer (Denver) on 6/16 (originally end of may). Why do they even bother with this tracking app? Trying to put it all in perspective but it’s disappointing.
Unfortunately it all depends on the availability of trunks and drivers which head your way and the organization of the logistics company.

Porsche has no direct influence as the logistic company supports all brands which arrive at the port.

We inly can be patient and look forward to the day we can take delivery 😊

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Unfortunately it all depends on the availability of trunks and drivers which head your way and the organization of the logistics company.

Porsche has no direct influence as the logistic company supports all brands which arrive at the port.

We inly can be patient and look forward to the day we can take delivery 😊
cars aren’t being held at the port for 5 weeks due to lack of delivery trucks. They’re being held due to “quality action” whatever that means since Porsche won’t tell anyone what’s wrong with the cars

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My GTS was unloaded at the port last Thursday and is due to arrive at the Distribution Centre this Thursday the 22nd. Expected at the dealer this Friday 23rd. All arriving Taycan's are being tested for moisture levels in the battery, the test is run by the dealer and then it takes 3 days for Germany to either release the vehicle for delivery or divert the car for maintenance which can take a few weeks. Assuming my car gets the all clear from the battery tests, I am lined up for delivery on the 30th. This will mean a 15 month order to delivery cycle.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Any time now...after 13 months from placing order
5/26 Arrived at Baltimore
6/13 Exited Port with PDI complete
6/17 Loaded on transport
...still no car as of end of today 6/20
SA said the transport can have up to 7 cars and 3 are on it for our dealership

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
curious how long the delay is if they actually find an issue with the battery packs.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
curious how long the delay is if they actually find an issue with the battery packs.
i've noticed the only people posting about this 50 day battery thing are UK based, with the exception of @OzzieT but he has a right hand drive car as well so it was likely on the same line as these UK bound cars.

Who knows what the rest of us americans who have cars stuck in port are waiting for. Its been over 50 days for me with no movement, my SA thinks its the heater, but he doesn't actually know.

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
i've noticed the only people posting about this 50 day battery thing are UK based, with the exception of @OzzieT but he has a right hand drive car as well so it was likely on the same line as these UK bound cars.

Who knows what the rest of us americans who have cars stuck in port are waiting for. Its been over 50 days for me with no movement, my SA thinks its the heater, but he doesn't actually know.
Not just UK. Mines been in Jacksonville port since 5/11. TYD keeps getting pushed back and the dealer has only said ‘quality control hold.’

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Not just UK. Mines been in Jacksonville port since 5/11. TYD keeps getting pushed back and the dealer has only said ‘quality control hold.’
so basically what i said. Nothing about a 50 day battery thing since your car is older than 50 days. I have the same exact quality hold. But nothing has been said about a 50 day anything.

Spoilt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo, Mini Cooper
Country flag
After a month waiting since the recall came, my Taycan has been released by Porsche and I can collect it today.

In the meantime, the garage gave me a Taycan to drive around for a month, great service from them! 👌

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
My CT has finally left Halifax after sitting there for 5 weeks.

Here's hoping that I get it in June!
Amazing! Very happy for you.

Unfortunately, TYD still shows mine parked at Halifax. I'm assuming it didn't make it on the same train as you. I called my SA and he said that on his end he's still expecting a late June delivery so fingers crossed.

shayman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 4S Cross Tourismo (Est. June)
Country flag
Amazing! Very happy for you.

Unfortunately, TYD still shows mine parked at Halifax. I'm assuming it didn't make it on the same train as you. I called my SA and he said that on his end he's still expecting a late June delivery so fingers crossed.
Sorry to hear that! Fingers-crossed that we will both be driving our cars on Canada Day!
Sponsored