MY22PCT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S
Country flag
Oh no, thats the first I’ve heard of the exterior being affected! Mine is still with the dealer as were having trouble getting the roof off. Said no problem as rather not rush it (they’ve been good tbh, they just need more info from Porsche who seem to be playing it very close to their chest on disseminated info). Next Scotland trip in a couple of weeks so as long as back for that. Hopefully with more and more roofs being replaced there will be more insight into the issue. Have asked for then to check if the new PCM is available next week to do that at same time.
oooo. What’s the story on the new PCM?
Sponsored

OP
OP
batteredhaddock

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
MY NEW REPLACEMENT ROOF HAS CRACKED
had it back for 1 week and two cracks appeared in new roof. Gutted. They clearly didn’t have a root cause when they did the fix. At a loss about what to do and wishing I’d gone metal roof!! May ask for new car.
I think I beat you... just picked mine up. Small crack had appeared between the service tech (who has been fantastic, no issue on the dealer side at all) moving the car to the forecourt and me picking up. Plus side is we both saw it and he was straight off to call corporate (never seen anyone look so mortified). So long as it remains just internal then I'll be in no rush to get roof 3 until I get a formal notice from Porsche as to the issue having been resolved. Waste of the dealer's time too tbh.

On the plus side, dealer kindly confirmed that if I keep into year 4 of the PCP that an extended warranty would cover any repeat given it is a manufacturing defect. I naturally expect it to be fully resolved by then but no way I'd risk it if it wasn't covered.

Sure as I enjoy the drive to my mates BBQ later, they'll enjoy taking the mickey on Porsche build quality even more..."did you get your new roof........er....yep...,,,,bye...."

Larkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I think I beat you... just picked mine up. Small crack had appeared between the service tech (who has been fantastic, no issue on the dealer side at all) moving the car to the forecourt and me picking up. Plus side is we both saw it and he was straight off to call corporate (never seen anyone look so mortified). So long as it remains just internal then I'll be in no rush to get roof 3 until I get a formal notice from Porsche as to the issue having been resolved. Waste of the dealer's time too tbh.

On the plus side, dealer kindly confirmed that if I keep into year 4 of the PCP that an extended warranty would cover any repeat given it is a manufacturing defect. I naturally expect it to be fully resolved by then but no way I'd risk it if it wasn't covered.

Sure as I enjoy the drive to my mates BBQ later, they'll enjoy taking the mickey on Porsche build quality even more..."did you get your new roof........er....yep...,,,,bye...."
That’s terrible 😱. What the hell is going on? Still don’t know if it’s the glass or more worryingly the fundamental car structure. Do you mind me asking which dealer you use? Might be worth mine (Porsche Centre Solihull) and yours comparing notes and putting pressure on Porsche to get their act together. And as for the mickey taking I hear you! My neighbour has two Teslas and is taking great delight in this!

OP
OP
batteredhaddock

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure, they’ve been great so no issue naming, its Hatfield. Definitely think a concerted dealer and customer pressure on Porsche is needed.

I’d still say my Taycan interior is way nicer than any Tesla school canteen though (they should copy your cracked roof to give their interior some personality 😜)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
MY NEW REPLACEMENT ROOF HAS CRACKED
had it back for 1 week and two cracks appeared in new roof. Gutted. They clearly didn’t have a root cause when they did the fix. At a loss about what to do and wishing I’d gone metal roof!! May ask for new car.
If the problem is that the groove the glass sits in is uneven due to weld spatter or such like there is no reason for the new glass to last if the metalwork hasn’t been rectified :(

OP
OP
batteredhaddock

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If the problem is that the groove the glass sits in is uneven due to weld spatter or such like there is no reason for the new glass to last if the metalwork hasn’t been rectified :(
Agreed, though I’d shared this thread with the techs and they’d had a good look. Definitely unrelated to the roof bars (my early theory) but no sign of the possible welding issues also mentioned in this thread. Guess will take some of the cars going into Porsche directly to get some laser accurate measurements.

OP
OP
batteredhaddock

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Larkey just to add that its clear the new crack goes all the way through 😢🤬, unlike the first two cracks so I’m actually in a worse position than before the roof was replaced. For now it remains watertight but its a worry on that count too.

Larkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
@Larkey just to add that its clear the new crack goes all the way through 😢🤬, unlike the first two cracks so I’m actually in a worse position than before the roof was replaced. For now it remains watertight but its a worry on that count too.
Mine are also visible from both sides - as they were on roof No. 1 when they tried to tell me it was my fault!! I might just go with no roof and have the first Taycan soft top

Gary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718S Range Rover Vogue Ordered CT4T
Country flag
This is very alarming reading,in relation to replacement roofs.

My roof keeps being pushed back, and perhaps that’s a good thing until Porsche have identified the root cause of the problem.
My crack has not changed and it’s only visible from the inside.
Porsche have confirmed to me verbally, that car is safe to drive and does not affect the integrity of the vehicle. I have asked this in writing.

Side note I have had the new PCM updates which I am pleased with.

MY22PCT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S
Country flag
This is very alarming reading,in relation to replacement roofs.

My roof keeps being pushed back, and perhaps that’s a good thing until Porsche have identified the root cause of the problem.
My crack has not changed and it’s only visible from the inside.
Porsche have confirmed to me verbally, that car is safe to drive and does not affect the integrity of the vehicle. I have asked this in writing.

Side note I have had the new PCM updates which I am pleased with.
hi

what do the new pcm updates give you?

my car’s going in on Monday for roof replacement, driver’s seat fix and pcm update.

Thanks

Gary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718S Range Rover Vogue Ordered CT4T
Country flag
Hi
there are other threads out there on the up grades, which go into great detail.
My car took 3 days for the updates and it was built Feb this year.

Still waiting for my replacement roof and idea no idea when it will arrive.
Good luck with the roof and seat.

Driving to Southern Spain this week, so hopefully we have worked out the charging routes 👌😂 and stop overs

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I've also discovered a crack on the inside. Definitely nothing visible on the outside. I've a Mid Feb 2022 build with roof rails, delivered in April with about 2500 miles now. I'll be bringing it to the dealer next week to start the process for a warranty claim.

This is a cautionary tale, if you've a Feb -> April Build, keep an eye out for the pano roof cracks.

OP
OP
batteredhaddock

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As an update, I know someone who had their roof replaced the following week from mine and so far so good. All the Porsche focus seems to be on the adhesive (take multiple samples of the mix during the process, send to them etc). So they must feel it wasn’t allowing enough give. They had a different adhesive than me.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Has anyone had this problem in a vehicle that doesn't have roof rails? (Apols for not having the moral fortitude to catch up with every post :) )

OP
OP
batteredhaddock

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone had this problem in a vehicle that doesn't have roof rails? (Apols for not having the moral fortitude to catch up with every post :) )
Yep, seems it has happened without rails too. I’d shared this with my OPC and they’d had a really good look around the rails and also for any welding defects as also theorised but nothing.
Sponsored