Lasted 9 days (Panoramic roof)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
On the Dutch forum someone posted that it was caused by to much torque on tensioning the bolts for the roofbars and that is was solved now. No source however. And this is the only post I have read about this alternative explanation. And then it would only happen on cars with roofbars.
Sponsored

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne coupe Hybrid BMW i3S
Country flag
Update - my replacement roof has cracked after a week - it’s further back than last time and is all the way across. OPC are at a loss, suspect that they will recall is what he thinks. He’s heard that reading have replaced a roof 5 times on one vehicle. Porsche need to do something about this ASAP

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
That's just nuts. At what point can you lemon it out in the UK? I'm still waiting on my first replacement, but if I had to go through 5, I would ask them to buy back the car.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure on that - challenge is there arnt any cars to replace it so what do you do🤷🏻‍♂️. I have a GTS on order but not due for 12 months yet
That's just nuts. At what point can you lemon it out in the UK? I'm still waiting on my first replacement, but if I had to go through 5, I would ask them to buy back the car.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Not sure on that - challenge is there arnt any cars to replace it so what do you do🤷🏻‍♂️. I have a GTS on order but not due for 12 months yet
I would ask them to buy the car back, and provide a loaner until the GTS arrives.

Only seems fair where it's a defect that might require an entire new chassis. The car is basically a write off.

Failing that, buy it back and then buy another car for the interim. Be cheaper than renting for 12 months if you are smart with your car choice.

MY22PCT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S
Country flag
Hi

my car was due to be delivered back Friday on but the car picked up a puncture on the way. Doh.

The dealer arranged for me to get a loaner (Taycan 4S CT) with the new PCM so I got an opportunity to try it. The dealer arranged for a replacement tyre and when I pointed out that the manual said to replace both tyres agreed (after a little tussel) to do both. The car arrived back today and I’ve only had a short ride in it.

The replacement roof looks great.

The squeaky driver’s seat has been sorted. "'Removed OSF front seat and found seat mechanism rubbing together as the seat flexes, insulated the areas of the seat to prevent friction causing a creaking noise, fitted seat and tested ok."

I haven’t really explored the new PCM but first impressions are good. I’m not sure about the colours. I found the previous monochrome quite classy. I’m keen to see how it affects:
- range
- parking assistance and remote parking
- stability of ‘phone connection
- general glitchiness

So glad to gave the car back. It’s such an awesome machine.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi

my car was due to be delivered back Friday on but the car picked up a puncture on the way. Doh.

The dealer arranged for me to get a loaner (Taycan 4S CT) with the new PCM so I got an opportunity to try it. The dealer arranged for a replacement tyre and when I pointed out that the manual said to replace both tyres agreed (after a little tussel) to do both. The car arrived back today and I’ve only had a short ride in it.

The replacement roof looks great.

The squeaky driver’s seat has been sorted. "'Removed OSF front seat and found seat mechanism rubbing together as the seat flexes, insulated the areas of the seat to prevent friction causing a creaking noise, fitted seat and tested ok."

I haven’t really explored the new PCM but first impressions are good. I’m not sure about the colours. I found the previous monochrome quite classy. I’m keen to see how it affects:
- range
- parking assistance and remote parking
- stability of ‘phone connection
- general glitchiness

So glad to gave the car back. It’s such an awesome machine.
Wrong thread?

OP
OP
batteredhaddock

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
My car gets delivered back tomorrow with its 3rd roof. Fingers crossed. Dealer said it’s a different type of glass this time apparently.
Hows the “New New Glass” roof holding up @Larkey ? Hatfield raised a ticket for me on Monday this week as I don‘t want them to replace my 2nd cracked roof (even though they have one for me) till some resolution Is known. I have a week away in September, I will aim to get it replaced then hoping that they’ll actually have identified what is causing the issue. Hopefully your new type of glass is the ticket.

Having caused theories to spread Chinese whisper like across various forums from this thread (I’m likely the originator of the erroneous roof bar theory 😂) from roof bars to welding defects to incorrect adhesive…how about another one. No reports of Panoramic roof issues on the saloon (to my knowledge), perhaps Porsche used the same spec glass on the CT and it wasn’t up to the new dimensions? Hopefully the new glass will finally resolve, or its a call to VWFS for me if a 3rd roof goes.

Last edited:

Larkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hows the “New New Glass” roof holding up @Larkey ? Hatfield raised a ticket for me on Monday this week as I don‘t want them to replace my 2nd cracked roof (even though they have one for me) till some resolution Is known. I have a week away in September, I will aim to get it replaced then hoping that they’ll actually have identified what is causing the issue. Hopefully your new type of glass is the ticket.

Having caused theories to spread Chinese whisper like across various forums from this thread (I’m likely the originator of the erroneous roof bar theory 😂) from roof bars to welding defects to incorrect adhesive…how about another one. No reports of Panoramic roof issues on the saloon (to my knowledge), perhaps Porsche used the same spec glass on the CT and it wasn’t up to the new dimensions? Hopefully the new glass will finally resolve, or its a call to VWFS for me if a 3rd roof goes.
So far so good. Spoke to the dealership. The same fitter put both roofs on and said they were totally different. First one was very rigid, second one had far more flex. I think you may be right that they used same type of glass from saloon for CT and realised the dimensions and angles combined with roof bars required more flex in the glass. Hopefully sorted now - so make sure you ask for the flexi glass!!

Gary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718S Range Rover Vogue Ordered CT4T
Country flag
That’s interesting, as I have now been informed that my replacement roof is in and it will take 5 days to fit etc.
I have emailed and asked what type of glass it is? As clearly I want the Flexi glass,

Let’s hope that’s the end of the saga !

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sound
That’s interesting, as I have now been informed that my replacement roof is in and it will take 5 days to fit etc.
I have emailed and asked what type of glass it is? As clearly I want the Flexi glass,

Let’s hope that’s the end of the saga !
Sounds positive however surely all ST/ct would of cracked if it was down to the glass?