First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I want to add another NICE gain I noticed in my update:
I park my car in a standard/narrow single car garage slot. I have large pots with flowers flanking the entry. Every time I would back out, the emergency braking kicked in and stopped me from backing up thinking I might hit a flower or something it saw in its peripheral vision. It would happen 2-6 times while backing up until I cleared it. One time wouldn't let me go forward or backward and I couldn't open my door because I was halfway out of the garage. I had to turn the car off and back on to get out of that situation.
The update has addressed this and I can back out with no assisted braking or issues....And I suspect will enable me to use remote parking assist to pull car in or out of garage. (My wife needs this as she is afraid to side swipe something or pull in too far.) This would not work before. I will test it and report back.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I figured I'd start a fresh thread for us to share findings on the new software.

So far things I've noticed:
  • Apple Music sparks right up and works a lot more reliably. This is -without- the wifi hotspot feature, which expired for me and I didn't renew.
  • Apple Podcasts are also substantially more reliable. There were specific shows that the old version flatly refused to play; they now work well.
  • The park assist beeptone is slightly different now.
  • I checked out the charger search and filtered to 100kWh+ - found an EVSlow charger in Murphy TX that I didn't know existed.
Things I haven't yet checked, but I expect probably work now:
  • Does dynamic lighting now work with SiriusXM and Carplay?
  • Are trip "calculation thresholds" increased? Can I set a trip from Frisco TX to Flagstaff now and have it work rather than time out?
So far the overall responsiveness and fixes are making me quite happy indeed.
My question is, did you find improvements in charging or range / efficiency?

Chuck J

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Did they update the UI so that the damned car on the infotainment system doesn't show up in white regardless of what the actual colour of the Taycan is?

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Did they update the UI so that the damned car on the infotainment system doesn't show up in white regardless of what the actual colour of the Taycan is?
My May MY2022 only shows white . . .

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just picked up my car after the AC fix and the ANA6 update. The service manager said mine was the first one to go through without a hitch. I couldn't access the app but they had me login to the car and thankfully everything came up in the app.

Not able to gauge any improvements in range yet. I did notice that the update wiped a lot of my settings. Had to reconnect Carplay which worked quickly, my smartlift settings were gone as was my homelink which had to be reset. Also missing that I have noticed so far - plug n charge had to be re-enabled, ambient light settings, comfort access settings such as folding the mirrors on lock. My seat settings were still there as I guess that is connected to the key.

Overall, so far the update looks good - snappy movement, I am fine with a bit of color. I noticed that smartlift actually gives the address now for saved locations, thankfully. I was able to filter locations with 250kW+ and it did seem to show them in order. Will see how this plays out over the next couple of weeks!

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
The built in Spotify integration has been very temperamental for me. I love having it available but it pisses me off when it’s greyed out half the time and I have to run Spotify through CarPlay.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Smart Lift function will let you put the car in the low setting once in Park? I drive in my driveway and Smart Lift goes to "lift" as I need it not to scrape the bottom. However, when I am in Park, I would prefer the car go back down to low. Sometimes I can make it happen (sometimes Smart Lift forgets to activate), but many times I select "Low" in the PCM and then the car reverts to lift or wants me to cancel the Smart Lift.

There should be a setting that when in Park, you can select the suspension height. The car is not moving. Once you put in Reverse or Drive then it can revert based on the GPS.

I just want my car in low when in the driveway. I have to think it will help the air suspension and I prefer to see it in low than 4x4 mode. :)

Ravi007

First Name
Ravinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Hi all,

Based in the UK and just had our 'Update to software network VR19.0.1. Campaign number WNJ8' done. I dropped the car in yesterday and picked it up today as the dealer said it is taking roughly 6 hours to do and to test and most have had a few issues on the way. Mine luckily went through smoothly.

If you see my thread here: Login is not possible at present , I was having all sorts of issues with account login and the Porsche Connect after picking it up a few weeks ago. As a result the dealer booked my car in quickly for the update which they hoped would resolve most of the issues.

Main things I've noticed straight away:
  • Interface seems much smoother, less lag between button presses. Screen real estate seems more too - not sure why this is but must be due to the icon spacing?
  • Dynamic lighting seems pretty cool for the ambient lighting - it seems to select the colour based on album art? I can confirm it works from the inbuilt Radio, Spotify and also CarPlay.
  • Spotify integration - my car didn't have this previously so is a good add. Some people report its slower than the CarPlay version but mine seems to be fast, its just the actual song load takes a second or two.
  • One strange thing I have noticed is I have lost access to 'Comfort access'. The car I have wasn't actually spec'd with this, but I did notice that if I came close to the car while it was unlocked, the door handles would present themselves without me pressing any buttons. There are similar threads on here about this happening with non-comfort access cars which show similar behaviour after certain updates. You couldn't lock the car however by pressing on the sensor on the handle, presumably because this hadn't been fitted.
    Maybe it was a bug which they have now closed down? I'm not sure if i'm happy or sad about losing this as to me it did seem like a security concern due to the many relay thefts that happen in the UK, but at the same time it was a nice feature to have without having to fumble around for the keys when you get to the car.
  • I lost quite a few settings which I add to redo once update was done. This included pairing my phone again with the car and connecting wireless CarPlay. Door settings had to be redone as it was only unlocking driver door, but I prefer to open them all at once. It seemed like only the seat settings were the ones unaffected.
  • Android Auto is now present which wasn't there before
  • Range has increased - I have the base Taycan with Performance Battery. Before on full charge it would show a range of between 210 - 230 miles depending on temperature, but now consistently shows 270 miles plus. Will obviously have to test this out in the real world!

advifdez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
What about Android Auto? Is it now compatible with all models? Before It was only available for 2022 and 2023, right?

Also about battery preheating, don't you need to buy any additional feature?

And last question, for those in Europe, how much is the Confort Access If you buy from the PCM store?

For those speaking about battery range. Please, write out whether the car is RWD or AWD. improvements are supposed to come for the second option I guess.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The built in Spotify integration has been very temperamental for me. I love having it available but it pisses me off when it’s greyed out half the time and I have to run Spotify through CarPlay.
What’s the benefit of running Spotify or Apple Music through the native app rather than CarPlay?

Ravi007

First Name
Ravinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
What about Android Auto? Is it now compatible with all models? Before It was only available for 2022 and 2023, right?

Also about battery preheating, don't you need to buy any additional feature?

And last question, for those in Europe, how much is the Confort Access If you buy from the PCM store?

For those speaking about battery range. Please, write out whether the car is RWD or AWD. improvements are supposed to come for the second option I guess.
Isn't battery conditioning a standard feature?

I didn't have Android Auto previously but do now after the update. Unfortunately I don't have an android phone to actually test it out.

So mine is a base Taycan RWD, it used to have 210 - 230 miles showing on the screen and app and is now showing 270 miles after being fully charged a few times.

I wasn't aware you could get comfort access as a FOD, although I did hear Porsche wanted to bring this out. I have just checked the Connect store and can't find it listed, just the data package and Porsche Innodrive for me.

advifdez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Isn't battery conditioning a standard feature?

I didn't have Android Auto previously but do now after the update. Unfortunately I don't have an android phone to actually test it out.

So mine is a base Taycan RWD, it used to have 210 - 230 miles showing on the screen and app and is now showing 270 miles after being fully charged a few times.

I wasn't aware you could get comfort access as a FOD, although I did hear Porsche wanted to bring this out. I have just checked the Connect store and can't find it listed, just the data package and Porsche Innodrive for me.
Thanks for your reply.

I thought battery conditioning wasn't a default feature but maybe it is. Not sure at all.

Mine is also base Taycan RWD so will see if sth changes ;) hope you can keep us posted if battery is reaching the estimated range after a couple of days/weeks.

About Confort Access. I've read that at the Porsche press release. Maybe I'm wrong 🧐

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
What’s the benefit of running Spotify or Apple Music through the native app rather than CarPlay?
Not having to use CarPlay at all. It still takes a while to appear in the PCM for me and if there are 2 iPhones in the car at the same time then it’s pure frustration.

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My appointment was just pushed back from this Friday to August 22nd. Service manager said they have bricked two cars and want to make sure they sort out the issues before they try again.

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Spotify integration worked fine for me. The only issue is that I have fairly long playlists, and therefore scrolling through all the music when you can only see a few at a time on the screen means it's easier for me just to select a song from my phone and use Bluetooth.

Let me know if you would like a pic of the screen
Is the sound better from the built-in SPOTIFY, APPLE MUSIC APP or Via Bluetooth APPLE PLAY or Via hardwire to the phone? Who knows??
Sponsored

Last edited: