jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
No, but I don’t expect tyd to be that tightly synched. Give it a day or two to catch up.
Thanks for the info and advice. When I first got access to TYD, I only checked it sporadically. Now that it has been sitting at Emden since 01/14, I seem to be checking it a couple of times per day. I also seem to be re-watching all the YouTube Taycan videos. I guess it seems closer to being a reality. I know what to expect now when I put a deposit down on a 911 allocation...
Sponsored

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Targa 4S; 2016 Macan S; 2022 Taycan RWD TBD
Country flag
Looks like the Glovis Sonic has departed Emden and my TYD still says "Arrival Emden Port". Did any future owners from the West Coast have their TYD updated to "On Vessel" ? Just curious.

I guess my next hope is the Glovis Sigma...
My TYD also still shows "Arrival in Emden Port" as of 01/17/2022. Hoping that the TYD is just behind and will catch up soon.

StevenAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Agate Grey , 2022 Taycan 4S On Order
Country flag
Looks like the Glovis Sonic has departed Emden and my TYD still says "Arrival Emden Port". Did any future owners from the West Coast have their TYD updated to "On Vessel" ? Just curious.

I guess my next hope is the Glovis Sigma...
Same here I guess we will wait for the next ship.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Have some patience people. It's far more likely that TYD has a delay before it updates than that your car is just sitting in Emden without making it on (especially on the weekend, in case someone has to upload some shipping manifest).

Give it a few days, in the meantime you can assume with high certainty that if your West coast-bound car arrived in Emden before February 1st it's on Glovis Sonic.

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
I’m on the vessel ..,check your TYDs …I’m a San Diego March delivery

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m on the vessel ..,check your TYDs …I’m a San Diego March delivery
My car has been at Emden since 1/17 and should have been onboard Glovis Sonic for March delivery to Benicia. My TYD still shows sitting at Emden. Either I missed the boat (literally) or my TYD just hasn't updated yet. When did you TYD update to show on vessel?

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
My car has been at Emden since 1/17 and should have been onboard Glovis Sonic for March delivery to Benicia. My TYD still shows sitting at Emden. Either I missed the boat (literally) or my TYD just hasn't updated yet. When did you TYD update to show on vessel?
I arrived Emdem 1/17 as well. I had checked my TYD this morning and it wasn’t updated. I just checked again at 2pm and it updated to on the vessel. Then I checked again right now and it gave me the name of the boat “Glovis Sonic”

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I arrived Emdem 1/17 as well. I had checked my TYD this morning and it wasn’t updated. I just checked again at 2pm and it updated to on the vessel. Then I checked again right now and it gave me the name of the boat “Glovis Sonic”
Thanks. I will keep checking. I even logged out and then back in and I still get the same result.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
No luck for me yet either. My car arrived at Emden on 01/14 and TYD still shows Arrival Emden Port. My TYD doesn't seem to be updating, as all the estimated milestone dates have stayed the same.

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No luck for me yet either. My car arrived at Emden on 01/14 and TYD still shows Arrival Emden Port. My TYD doesn't seem to be updating, as all the estimated milestone dates have stayed the same.
Mine too. Perplexing. You would think that if FedEx or Amazon can update a package delivery immediately, that Porsche could track a $100+k car in the same way.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Mine too. Perplexing. You would think that if FedEx or Amazon can update a package delivery immediately, that Porsche could track a $100+k car in the same way.
Porsche, VAG in general seem pretty far behind in software build, delivery, and management capabilities. I work in that word and know what so many other companies are capable of in comparison. It’s difficult to watch Porsche struggle so much knowing I have one of these cars on the way. I’m not saying Porsche or VAG have incapable people, it takes a combination of people, process and technology to get it right. I hope they invest heavily in all three going forward.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
TYD is a pretty experimental new thing, and I think it's one of the most advanced public-facing vehicle production trackers out there. It syncs data from a bunch of internal system to show to you in a pretty user interface. That data syncing clearly runs in batches and isn't real-time.

OP
OP
RingoDingo

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche, VAG in general seem pretty far behind in software build, delivery, and management capabilities. I work in that word and know what so many other companies are capable of in comparison. It’s difficult to watch Porsche struggle so much knowing I have one of these cars on the way. I’m not saying Porsche or VAG have incapable people, it takes a combination of people, process and technology to get it right. I hope they invest heavily in all three going forward.
My TYD is still lagging slightly, but seems to have gotten a lot better once the car was put on the boat. Supreme Ace has now left the Port of Baltimore and is on its way to Houston. TYD has the arrival in Houston as 2/18, but the ship is tracking to a 2/13 ETA. Who knows how long after that until "Release for Transport" but I've been told 24 hours or so after that it arrives at the dealer. TYD still says 3/4 arrival at the dealer, so there's about 18 days or so of lag built in from arrival at port until arrival at the dealer.

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TYD is a pretty experimental new thing, and I think it's one of the most advanced public-facing vehicle production trackers out there. It syncs data from a bunch of internal system to show to you in a pretty user interface. That data syncing clearly runs in batches and isn't real-time.
Good to know, thanks

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Felicity Ace is docking right now in Emden. I’m hoping my CT4 gets on this ship.

Porsche Taycan March 2022 US Deliveries 0691D024-7903-44A2-81B6-6DC7ABDDD527
Sponsored