xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
The technician on the other end of the phone informs me that Porsche has announced a ‘stop sale’, and as such, I’m no longer able to collect my car tomorrow morning, as originally planned.
Did they tell you why? Stop sales are usually when theres some defect that needs repairing. (missing part from factory, etc)
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Did they tell you why? Stop sales are usually when theres some defect that needs repairing. (missing part from factory, etc)
No more information, but to be fair I was out at a client event and it wasn’t easy to talk. I guess I might get more information tomorrow morning.

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
I finally collected my car yesterday. 2 1/2 months delay due to the heater shortage. But finally got it and it's a fantastic car to drive - Glad I waited the extra time.

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries IMG_0670

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
My car landed in Houston on Monday. Still no word when it’ll show up to my dealer. Fingers crossed

Porsche Taycan May 2023 Deliveries IMG_0669

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
Here is what I see when i dig in my profile of my car.

Screenshot showing Electric Steering Column Cropped.jpg
Screenshot showing Electric Steering Column Cropped.jpg
Interesting... your post got me curious and I decided to check to see what mine says. Sure enough it says electric steering column as well in the car detail. My car doesn't arrive until next week but if it has a manual steering column I'll see what my SA says. I'm interested in what yours comes back with.

Go2mars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model X, Waiting on Taycan 4s chalk
Country flag
Here is a fun video before and after PPF, Tint, Clear markers and Coating. Took Delivery 5/10, picked up at the shop 5/18. Tinted windows makes such a big difference!! 🙂

Last edited:

DrMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
No more information, but to be fair I was out at a client event and it wasn’t easy to talk. I guess I might get more information tomorrow morning.
Not great reading there mate, I hope it gets sorted ASAP. I followed up on my car and they said it's in Emden, still, but no negatives or Xs or informatives or alerts on the system. I have read somewhere about the certificate of conformity being incorrect on the GTS, could this have something to do with it?

My car completed on 12 April, so I expected to have it last weekend or tomorrow latest. When was yours finished?

Look forward to your update.

DaddyCool

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (Ordered Nov 21, expect May 23)
Country flag
Not great reading there mate, I hope it gets sorted ASAP. I followed up on my car and they said it's in Emden, still, but no negatives or Xs or informatives or alerts on the system. I have read somewhere about the certificate of conformity being incorrect on the GTS, could this have something to do with it?

My car completed on 12 April, so I expected to have it last weekend or tomorrow latest. When was yours finished?

My car finished manufacture on the 4th May and I was told it was on board a ship on the 15th.

DrMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
My car finished manufacture on the 4th May and I was told it was on board a ship on the 15th.
Bah humbug! The dealer tried to blame congestion at port due to volumes of cars. I would have expected logically the cars would be sent in order of arrival at port. I suspect there is an issue and I am not being told about it.

EVGuy101

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My GTS ST finished build late April (27th-ish), currently apparently sat at Emden enjoying the scenery. No firm views on when its likely to arrive, but the expected delivery date of 25th May is highly unlikely... So close and yet so far!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Well, I visited my dealer this morning to view my car and collect a courtesy car.
Here's the unveiling, even if I couldn't drive it away!

In the meantime, I have been given a Tacan Turbo S to keep me mobile.

The dealer said they have been asked to send the 'VAL' (?) data to Porsche, but at this stage have no further information on the nature of the issue or timing of the resolution.

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
Well, I visited my dealer this morning to view my car and collect a courtesy car.
Here's the unveiling, even if I couldn't drive it away!

In the meantime, I have been given a Tacan Turbo S to keep me mobile.

The dealer said they have been asked to send the 'VAL' (?) data to Porsche, but at this stage have no further information on the nature of the issue or timing of the resolution.

Looks like DVLA are doing well out of us with xx23GTS registrations, I've seen 3 others and mine is TA23GTS 😀 there was a post today on FB about a car being held for a software update.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like DVLA are doing well out of us with xx23GTS registrations, I've seen 3 others and mine is TA23GTS 😀 there was a post on FB about a car being held for a software update.
I wouldn't have contemplated a 'proper' personalised registration, but I was happy with something that looks 'normal' to the majority, but can be appreciated by those 'in the know'!

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I wouldn't have contemplated a 'proper' personalised registration, but I was happy with something that looks 'normal' to the majority, but can be appreciated by those 'in the know'!
Me too, and it might help a weeny bit with resale

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
I picked up my car Tuesday, there were no campaigns against the car at that point. I did have a problem authenticating my Porsche ID on delivery, the infamous SOS light blinking red, no connectivity to Porsche. The dealership hadn’t done the RDR, the process that changes ownership to me so when they went in to do it Wednesday it was rejected, the car now has Campaign AMT9 against it and until that’s cleared they can technically deliver it. So, I’m taking it back Saturday. The notice they have provides no detail other than to plug the car into their computer and send data back to Porsche. At that point the campaign will be cleared OR they will receive further instructions. The sales manager is already setting aside a demo Taycan as a loaner in case it’s impounded. What a sh show…….

They are lucky I’m a lifelong Porsche owner and understand how f’d up Stuttgart can be otherwise I’d be considering cancelling the contract and telling them to keep the car.

2 years ago they put my Spyder in Port Jail for 5 weeks, no explanation and the dealership had to do the same thing with a loaner. I think this will be the last Porsche I order. From now on it’s used or in stock cars.

Who am I kidding, 20 minutes after I get the car back and I’ve driven it in anger all will be forgotten :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited: