triton99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey gang. Just joined after lurking for a couple of months. Ordered my Taycan 4S back in Jan, and it's supposed to arrive mid-May.

In the suburbs of Seattle, and looking forward to picking up the car right as the weather starts getting nice!
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Joined today and looking forward to long-term Taycan ownership. Long time Porsche owner/enthusiast, car builder, previous EV owner.

Mick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Plus, VW Golf Gti Mk8, VW Polo Gti
Country flag
I've been another lurker for a few months and joined a few days ago.

I've found this site really informative and great for a new Taycan owner like myself. I picked up my car last month so I had a 21 plate and am enjoying the ride :like:

Satyricon

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s CT
Country flag
Hi all, I'm Mark, living in the Netherlands and today ordered my Taycan 4S CT...will post a link later with the specs. I watched this forum for a while and I find it hugely informative...will keep me busy until delivery of my first Porsche around August this year...:)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hello Mark. I remember a visit to Antwerp in 2003 and I made the trek to Breda. Interesting trip.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
It was an enlightening experience! :party:
@Satyricon, @XLR82XS

Been there, too. Was staying in Brussels, in the spring of 2000, on a business trip for Honeywell (training Belgium Air Force software engineers on our test bench/flight simulator software). One weekend I drove to Antwerp en route to Amsterdam. Another weekend with a friend living south of Brussels, drove to Maastricht. Just a wonderful region, loved every second of that visit. Jill and I have stayed in Amsterdam several times since then (often embarked/disembarked sea cruises, with several days spent there), and we have come to love that city as well.

Last edited:

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi everyone!

I've owned EV's since 2015. Had a Tesla Model S and now been an I-Pace owner for the last two years. I'm a tech enthusiast and in the case of the I-Pace Ive reversed and documented the Jaguar InControl remote API, wrote a Python library and developed my own remote app for Android. I ended up getting quite a unique insight into the car and the engineers behind it.

The I-Pace is a magnificent vehicle but it's also plagued with issues. I've had a two digit number of lengthy visits to the dealer and with JLR on the verge of economic collapse and new leadership coming in and scrapping all the upcoming EV projects, being an I-Pace owner with a struggling dealer and company just had me looking at alternatives. A bit of a bummer considering the countless hours I've spent on the eco system and the community.

The Taycan has always been a tempting proposition, but it was way too expensive for me. At least up until recently. I signed the contract for a new Taycan 4S. I'll be getting mine around November, so I'll get the MY2022. I suspect we might see Android Auto support, but I have no idea what other news we might see. Probably not much.

I'm excited for my first Porsche and getting to know this community. I've been reading here quite a bit and I really appreciate the high level of technical insight and the friendly tone here. Hoping I can contribute with some cool projects soon!

Cheers all!

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Taking delivery of my RWD the first week of May. Previous ownership experience with the LEAF & Tesla Model S & Model 3. I also have a Boxster, so now looking forward to the Porsche experience in my daily driver!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taking delivery of my RWD the first week of May. Previous ownership experience with the LEAF & Tesla Model S & Model 3. I also have a Boxster, so now looking forward to the Porsche experience in my daily driver!
You're going to LOVE it! I sold a Model 3 to get into a Taycan for daily duty. Life is too short to not drive a Porsche. :cool:

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Greetings from Maryland, USA. I'm so glad i found this forum before placing my order. Dicing in now...

Thorgal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90T8 - Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Just joined this wonderful forum today. Been visiting dozens of threads over the past few weeks up until my order yesterday for a Taycan 4S CT. But more on that later...

To all members : keep up the good info, I'll try to add some myself :like:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just joined this wonderful forum today. Been visiting dozens of threads over the past few weeks up until my order yesterday for a Taycan 4S CT. But more on that later...

To all members : keep up the good info, I'll try to add some myself :like:
Welcome! ? :)
Sponsored