KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So car arrives and I look at the charging bag in the trunk and it has everything but the cord from the charger to the car. Buildsheet says it comes with a 25-ft cord.

Emailed the sales rep, no response. Left a message with the GM, no response. Sent a note to PCNA, no response. Obviously not sure why someone would have just taken out the cord, as there's probably a cord for each charger out there....

Should I pursue this? I'm using a Juicebox at home so it's not a functional problem, but it'd be nice if the car came with all the accessories that it says it did.
Sponsored

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So car arrives and I look at the charging bag in the trunk and it has everything but the cord from the charger to the car. Buildsheet says it comes with a 25-ft cord.

Emailed the sales rep, no response. Left a message with the GM, no response. Sent a note to PCNA, no response. Obviously not sure why someone would have just taken out the cord, as there's probably a cord for each charger out there....

Should I pursue this? I'm using a Juicebox at home so it's not a functional problem, but it'd be nice if the car came with all the accessories that it says it did.
Have you checked under the boot liner? That's where mine was..

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
it’s an expensive charger and cord you most definately should pursue it - since you have Juicebox at home for charging you don’t “need” it right now - but it’s part of the kit that comes with the vehicle and should be included with your purchase - dealer would certainly demand it be provided as part of a trade-in - it’s also very very expensive ($400 or more) via Porsche parts service.

you should 100% follow up and make sure it gets delivered eventually.

OP
OP
KTC

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
you should 100% follow up and make sure it gets delivered eventually.
Yeah. Just not sure how one pursues something like this after the sale. Of course, I happened to have used an out-of-state dealer so it wasn't something I could check prior to delivery.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I bet another car was missing it and they took yours. The 25ft cord comes with the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (wifi with screen) I think.

Reactions: KTC

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
You should pursue it. For sure. Which sales rep isn’t responding to you at the dealer? You can PM me if you want.

Chedman13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL63 Brabus B63 Widestar, Awaiting Taycan Turbo
Country flag
100% pursue it. I'll also buy it from you (seriously).

It's a $618.80 MSPR part for just that 25 foot cable. Cable - Porsche (7PP-971-676-BD)

Other members have had dealers take other car chargers, cables etc. of unsold cars to current customers. Not saying that happened, but a possibility.

The standard is a 8 foot cable and let's say someone wanted the 25 foot cable. They just took yours and now they have a 8 foot and 25 foot cable=)

hwillz1227

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Which dealership u bought ur car from?
I received my car without the charging cable too, it is so weird how this is a common issue.
Sponsored