Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I also have the November 2020 version in my Taycan. And you are probably correct that it is linked to different software versions and capability.

I can, without logging into MyPorsche, see a long list of services that you can perform with the Connect Services. However when I log in to the app, and check what is available for my car, that list is greatly reduced and nothing that I could add except PIRM or WIFI package, which I have no interest in.

As an example of services that are listed are remote locking, unlocking etc. And these services will not work in my car since Porsche have confirmed to me that the hardware is not installed in my car.

Spending far too much time trying to get features that help an EV owner, go missing, disappearing temporarily or working intermittently.
New features we cannot claim but ones that were sold to us and are in the manual ( I just checked the porsche good to know app) we can demand that these stay available for us.
Sponsored

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
On my 2020 Taycan, the Google search is gone. However, by going to settings, privacy and Porsche Connect settings, scrolling to Porsche Connect services Summary, I then get a list of Activated Services. One of them says Search (not Google Search specifically) and it remains active.

Porsche Taycan Missing the “G” icon in Nav Search IMG_4821.JPG
Porsche Taycan Missing the “G” icon in Nav Search IMG_4823.JPG
Porsche Taycan Missing the “G” icon in Nav Search IMG_4825.JPG

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On my 2020 Taycan, the Google search is gone. However, by going to settings, privacy and Porsche Connect settings, scrolling to Porsche Connect services Summary, I then get a list of Activated Services. One of them says Search (not Google Search specifically) and it remains active.

IMG_4821.JPG
IMG_4823.JPG
IMG_4825.JPG
If you have time, can you please check whether you also can not send a destination through the app to the car anymore. That looks linked to the Google Search icon missing issue.

Thanks in advance

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just adding my name to the list of folks experiencing this. 2020 Taycan Turbo, Podcasts and G gone as if they never existed. Had the car in today to get the latest software updates, hoping that would make a difference, and it did not. Dealer has no clue. Very disappointing since, as silly as it sounds, those were both very big quality of life things for me. As others have said the integrated Google search actually makes the Nav nicely usable (useless without) and Podcast integration was a huge benefit for me on long drives.

MartyMosh

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Panamera 4SE Executive
Country flag
My Google Search G just came back on the navigation screen today after an OTA update called "Google Search". Nice.
Likewise although mine was an infotainment update that seemingly brought it back..can also send destinations from the app to the Nav and the voice search in the car is mostly working again.

Porsche Taycan Missing the “G” icon in Nav Search PXL_20220601_202544593

Porsche Taycan Missing the “G” icon in Nav Search PXL_20220601_202536529

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Mine is back as well, but no notifications update.

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag
My Google Search G just came back on the navigation screen today after an OTA update called "Google Search". Nice.
Yup, same here.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That is good news! Did the system notify you that there was an update or?

My PCM went the other way yesterday before a drive. I had nothing left. No destinations used lately, No Apple Music , no favourites at all. Maybe something went pearshaped since I drove in areas with very patchy Coverage?

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is good news! Did the system notify you that there was an update ?
No, i just received three infotainment updates while I was driving. Later on I noticed that the Google Search G was back.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes I am so jazzed to see the “G” has returned, just before a large road trip. Also I looked and the send destination from My Porsche is now available. Looks like Porsche really is into making software changes, perhaps not at the rate the customers would like but it seems to be in the right direction now.
Porsche Taycan Missing the “G” icon in Nav Search 142CB727-0CDE-4716-AA8C-D1362CA3D18B

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Send destination seems to be back for my car also.
Its in service for the ANA5 recall and they have spent the entire week (picked up on Tuesday) poking at the Google Search and podcast issue. They said they “thought it had to do with data” (duh) and were staying late today to apply some “fixes” so they could get the car back to me on Monday via valet service.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Send destination seems to be back for my car also.
Its in service for the ANA5 recall and they have spent the entire week (picked up on Tuesday) poking at the Google Search and podcast issue. They said they “thought it had to do with data” (duh) and were staying late today to apply some “fixes” so they could get the car back to me on Monday via valet service.
Serious? My dealer is way smarter then. They concluded together with me that it was something they could not fix but had to do with Porsche back end

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have now also got the G i on back and Google search is also listed under the Connect services. My favourites also seem to vome back online.

I received three updates for the infotainment system but it was not clear what they were called. after installation it seemed the updates were called 3.0.6twice and also 3.0.7. No other information though was given.

I have however not seen any ONA 5 or ONA7 updates so far. Can these be seen in the system anywhere, in case Ihave missed the update information. I have not seen any range improvement so far either?

But as said above a step in the right direction
Sponsored