most underrated option for taycan to tick?

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
It will not lock when you walk away. Quite frustrating in the beginning but you'll get used to it.
mmm ok, so it just saves you one press of a button when unlocking, but you still need the key in reach to lock after driving. In undermines the full use case of just keeping your key somewhere on you (in a backpack or purse)
That explains why they did not explain it in the documentation. It just does not exist.
Coming from a Tesla, my wife is disappointed with the Taycan because she can not keep the key in her purse. And you know how much time it takes for women to find something in their purse, ;-)

Something for the Porsche To-Do-list !
Sponsored

Trogdors_Peasant

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2022 AMG SL63
Country flag
mmm ok, so it just saves you one press of a button when unlocking, but you still need the key in reach to lock after driving. In undermines the full use case of just keeping your key somewhere on you (in a backpack or purse)
That explains why they did not explain it in the documentation. It just does not exist.
Coming from a Tesla, my wife is disappointed with the Taycan because she can not keep the key in her purse. And you know how much time it takes for women to find something in their purse, ;-)

You do not need to touch the fob when locking. It stays in your purse or pocket. You just touch a finger to the door handle sensor to lock with comfort access.

Trogdors_Peasant

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2022 AMG SL63
Country flag
Well my dealership said to take black or blue letters to get the full strip in the back... Could be wrong of course but saw already 2 taycans who do not have the full led strip in the back while braking. Could also be for 4S and up but worth checking because it makes all the difference for the appearance of the back side...

I'm still happy I have it would be a shame if you missed out on this by not ticking an option or getting a package imho
The light strip is just that, a light strip. You won’t see it change state while braking. It’s only lit when the lights are on.

So yes, all Taycans no matter the “Porsche” trim selected have it, and it’s visibility is tied to the headlight/lighting status of the car.

Reactions: B61

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
You do not need to touch the fob when locking. It stays in your purse or pocket. You just touch a finger to the door handle sensor to lock with comfort access.
Thanks for the info (and sorry for the off topic questions). What do you mean with the door handle sensor ? So you open the door, move out, close the door. And then ? Push the door handle on the outside and it moves back in and closes the car ?

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
There s a small section of the door handle that contain the sensor. You push it and you re done.

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
Electric Sport Sound and the GT steering wheel. Couldn't imagine having to mess with the touch screen to change my drive mode. And I just love the audible feedback from the ESS. I never drive without it. Though i heard the GTS sound is slightly different than the standard...and I don't remember what the standard sounds like.

Passenger display is also a must, IMO. mostly because if you don't get it, it's just a piece of plastic in it's place and doesn't look as nice next to the infotainment screen.

Side note, I am super happy with the VLC roof. If you're going with the pano, you will be very happy with the VLC.
VLC was a must must must have for me. 22 GTS ST did not have the option ever enabled. Pretty bummed that I won’t be getting mine with VLC.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag
I turn night vision manually when i’m expecting wild animals and i found it very useful.
(and i like neodyme too)

my favourite two options:’
1. Comfort access
2. Rear axe steering
I ordered , Night Vision, OHD, Massage seats , Rear Axel steering. The Car is about to reach Benicia CA - Tomorrow. Looking forward to check all these.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Thanks for the info (and sorry for the off topic questions). What do you mean with the door handle sensor ? So you open the door, move out, close the door. And then ? Push the door handle on the outside and it moves back in and closes the car ?
Only works reliably with the knuckle press on a small depressed slit on the door handle. Also temperamental as it can unlock as you turn your back and walk away. So wait until the handles withdraw and lock. Still better than playing pocket billiards groping for the fob in your pocket.

360 view wheel saver
HUD
Carmine Red ♥ it brings me much joy

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
This is more of a box not to check. Drove a Taycan RWD without air suspension and it was awesome! Some may not appreciate the taller stance an inability to adjust suspension height, however, coming from adaptive air suspension we were all very impressed in all suspension modes especially on the twisty bits.

for me was 2 worlds. with or without, i need the raise option not to bust the bumper BUT i really liked a lot better the air susp than coils......... already thinking if im doing lowering links to get even lower...... :D

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Favorite aesthetic option: Neodyne accents; they really enhance the look of the interior.

Most over-rated/over-priced technical option: Night Vision; it’s essentially useless because it’s too slow and poorly implemented and an utter waste of money. I should have bought Innodrive instead.
I have night vision on my current car and it hasn’t shown anything important in the 4 1/2 years I’ve had it so I didn’t bother on the Taycan. Mind you I have adaptive cruise too and at the traffic volumes I drive in it is more annoying than helpful so I didn’t option it on the Taycan, never mind innodrive- with ordinary cruise I know what to expect!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

My wife has it on her current car, which she has had for 4 years and forgets to use it so always fishes out her key to lock and unlock :)
Old habits die hard with her.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Only works reliably with the knuckle press on a small depressed slit on the door handle. Also temperamental as it can unlock as you turn your back and walk away.
Maybe for you but for me it works great with a light press of my thumb on the indented area. Using the driver door handle for locking is temperamental on mine because there is an issue from manufacturing. That is being replaced under warranty on my car this week so I expect the drivers door to work great from here on out too.
Sponsored