most underrated option for taycan to tick?

OP
OP
Tdc

Tdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
400v option. Will have tremendous value once Tesla opens up their Supercharge network.

-ThinkMac-
Didnt even know this was a thing, can you elaborate? Or is this US only?

here in the EU i can just pull over at a tesla supercharger and charge .. havent acually tried it yet becouse i get a better rate at ionity

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
400v option. Will have tremendous value once Tesla opens up their Supercharge network.

-ThinkMac-
I don't think this will happen. It's a huge competitive advantage for Tesla atm and I don't think they will do this without some kind of government incentive.

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag

here in the EU i can just pull over at a tesla supercharger and charge .. havent acually tried it yet becouse i get a better rate at ionity
Tesla hasn't opened up its super chargers to other cars in the USA. And atm, all charging stations in the USA are 800v, so it's useless to have the upgraded 400v option to charge at 150 kW vs the 50 kW that comes standard with the car.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
In Europe, some (more and more) Tesla superchargeurs are open to other brands.

They just charge the "insert your other brand than tesla" and it's quite expensive.

But it's reliable

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
for the small price to pay, and have the 400V option, it's an underrated option. Tesla will open up, matter of time.

The Supercharger network (even at 400V will be more reliable and in more places) will add loads of options for roadtripping and I would choose a Supercharger location vs the back of Walmart at night. Would not feel safe if wife or kids are driving.

-ThinkMac-

Tesla hasn't opened up its super chargers to other cars in the USA. And atm, all charging stations in the USA are 800v, so it's useless to have the upgraded 400v option to charge at 150 kW vs the 50 kW that comes standard with the car.

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
for the small price to pay, and have the 400V option, it's an underrated option. Tesla will open up, matter of time.

The Supercharger network (even at 400V will be more reliable and in more places) will add loads of options for roadtripping and I would choose a Supercharger location vs the back of Walmart at night. Would not feel safe if wife or kids are driving.

-ThinkMac-
Tesla may open up, in matter of time, but will 400V, be the consensus, in matter of time?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It will not lock when you walk away. Quite frustrating in the beginning but you'll get used to it.
Yes, it doesnt’t lock immediatelly and that’s wrong. Also, it doesn’t fold mirrors.
For me, it should lock when you are few meters away.

@ben1 : you can just press on the door handle to lock the car. You can have keys in your pocket or backpack…

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag

Not all over the Europe yet, afaik just few countries….but it will happen quite soon, i guess.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Personal preference, but I use Innodrive whenever I'm on a major highway and find it very useful and quite relaxing. The automatic speed adjustment for posted road signs doesn't bother me at all, in fact I like it. I set my speed to about 5 mph or so above the posted speed limit by simply taping the control stalk forward 5 times and it will maintain that speed until a sign with a lower limit is observed. Then I just tap control lever forward 5 times and I'm good to go until there is another speed change.

As for the most under rated option, I'm not sure, perhaps the storage option but in the US that comes with the premium package and it seems most people opt for the premium package. I had way too much time and added a lot of options, including the premium option (although I did remove the pano roof. I don't like glass roofs), and so far, 4 months in, I don't regret any of them and there aren't any additional options I regret not getting.
I hated innodrive at first until I found out that you can turn off “obey speed limit” option and now I really like it. With that option turned off, you set your speed and it ignores the signs (it will warn you but maintain speed). I really like it now.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Black or blue Porsche letters in the back.
IF you don't tick the box you do not get the full light bar in the back which is a shame in my opinion.
this is untrue. On top of that the glacier blue doesn’t even light up. It has to be the worst option by far.

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was thinking of making a poll but evidently i will not be able to make a poll with all taycan options avaiable... so to remove my bias pre-selections i will just list my my favorite options that offer functionality on my CT.

i'm calling it underrated just becouse i'its not a no brainer option that i guess more then 90% will tick like 'folding mirrors'

1. ventilated seats
I'm amazed at how good this function works, the car seems to know already that i use them when i'ts hot and standard turns the ventilates seats on the low setting. just great to not have a sticky back or a hot bum..

2. comfort access
I smile every time that when i get close the car reacts to me by opening up its doorhandes and prehear/cool the car. Just get in, and drive off.. no need to push start.

So what abaut your favorite feature on your car?
Let the future buyers know ;-)
By fat the best option that I ticked was rear axle steering

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
For those with Mission E wheels, having them painted to match the exterior color. Unless you have Dolomite I think this is a must. I have Carrera White and the paint matched Mission E’s are probably the first thing that draws people’s eyes to the car. Even at the dealership the service advisors all come to check it out, saying they just don’t see it that much.
Can you post some more pics of your car (I tried to peep on your profile pic). This is exactly what I’m getting and went back and forth between white and Carrara white because I worried the latter painted wheels might look too close to silver

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I don't have comfort access. I found a description how it behaves when unlocking the car. But not about how it locks the car.
Does it lock the car when moving away from the car ? (like Tesla)
(I am asking because I could pay extra to enable it with over-the-air updates)

By the way: the fact that you can start and stop without pushing start is standard. It is not part of the comfort access option.
Is comfort access not standard?
Sponsored