most underrated option for taycan to tick?

Tdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I was thinking of making a poll but evidently i will not be able to make a poll with all taycan options avaiable... so to remove my bias pre-selections i will just list my my favorite options that offer functionality on my CT.

i'm calling it underrated just becouse i'its not a no brainer option that i guess more then 90% will tick like 'folding mirrors'

1. ventilated seats
I'm amazed at how good this function works, the car seems to know already that i use them when i'ts hot and standard turns the ventilates seats on the low setting. just great to not have a sticky back or a hot bum..

2. comfort access
I smile every time that when i get close the car reacts to me by opening up its doorhandes and prehear/cool the car. Just get in, and drive off.. no need to push start.

So what abaut your favorite feature on your car?
Let the future buyers know ;-)
Sponsored

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
+1 on comfort access. At least it is a feature that you will use everytime

Not really underrated but Rear Wheel Steering is a real game changer if you leave in an European city with thight streets. In my parking lot, it's easier to park the Taycan than my former (and smaller) model 3 perf

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
This is more of a box not to check. Drove a Taycan RWD without air suspension and it was awesome! Some may not appreciate the taller stance an inability to adjust suspension height, however, coming from adaptive air suspension we were all very impressed in all suspension modes especially on the twisty bits.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
For me the best value for money options on the Taycan are:
  1. the ioniser; I frequently drive through the Swiss country side which can be a bit smelly when the farmers decide it is time to spread manure everywhere. When I close the window and turn on recycling then the smell goes away in less than a minute
  2. De-badging. If you don't have a Turbo or Turbo S then debugging is the way to go IMHO. Leaves the casual observer guessing. I think that even if I had the cash and bought TTS then I would still de-badge; keeping a high badge can be seen as bragging, and keeping a lower badge can be seen as "barely able to afford it". One funny thing I saw a few years ago at the Nordschleife was a de-badged RS4 with a 1.8T badge instead... Was fun to see someone with a sense of humour

Last edited:

WarryBhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S, BMW IX3
Country flag
Black or blue Porsche letters in the back.
IF you don't tick the box you do not get the full light bar in the back which is a shame in my opinion.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Black or blue Porsche letters in the back.
IF you don't tick the box you do not get the full light bar in the back which is a shame in my opinion.
Can you elaborate on this? What do you get if you don't, what looks different visually?

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Favorite aesthetic option: Neodyne accents; they really enhance the look of the interior.

Most over-rated/over-priced technical option: Night Vision; it’s essentially useless because it’s too slow and poorly implemented and an utter waste of money. I should have bought Innodrive instead.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Most over-rated/over-priced technical option: Night Vision; it’s essentially useless because it’s too slow and poorly implemented and an utter waste of money. I should have bought Innodrive instead.
This made me chuckle because as I read "Most over-rated/over-priced technical option" I immediately thought of Innodrive. I specced it and never use it. I find it less than helpful. I think that Adaptive Cruise Control and Active Lane Keeping are great and I use them all the time, but Innodrive proper with the auto speed adjustment for the road ahead and based on posted speed limits - with no ability to set an offset of X mph or X% over posted - is of little value to me and I never use it.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
For me the best value for money options on the Taycan are:
  1. the ioniser; I frequently drive through the Swiss country side which can be a bit smelly when the farmers decide it is time to spread manure everywhere. When I close the window and turn on recycling then the smell goes away in less than a minute
  2. De-badging. If you don't have a Turbo or Turbo S then debugging is the way to go IMHO. Leaves the casual observer guessing. I think that even if I had the cash and bought TTS then I would still de-badge; keeping a high badge can be seen as bragging, and keeping a lower badge can be seen as "barely able to afford it". One funny thing I saw a few years ago at the Nordschleife was a de-badged RS4 with a 1.8T badge instead... Was fun to see someone with a sense of humour
+1 for de-badging on whatever model. Leave the bodywork smooth and clean

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I turn night vision manually when i’m expecting wild animals and i found it very useful.
(and i like neodyme too)

my favourite two options:’
1. Comfort access
2. Rear axe steering

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This made me chuckle because as I read "Most over-rated/over-priced technical option" I immediately thought of Innodrive. I specced it and never use it. I find it less than helpful. I think that Adaptive Cruise Control and Active Lane Keeping are great and I use them all the time, but Innodrive proper with the auto speed adjustment for the road ahead and based on posted speed limits - with no ability to set an offset of X mph or X% over posted - is of little value to me and I never use it.
Shows you what I know!! Ignorance Is bliss…

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I love my air suspension and do not like the look of the car without it (sits too high).

Sports Chrono. I use it every time I get in the car. Fast way to put the car in the driving set up you like (no waiting and fiddling with the PCM).

I have Comfort Access and yes I use it, but it sometimes just does not like to cooperate. Door handles decide not to present (happens if you walk by the car and it unlocks and you do not open the door and the car relocks) and can be slow. When it works, its great.

I had my badge painted body color (salesguy suggested and I forgot to delete) and ended up liking it as its subtle and though I have not lost one to an ice, would let any boy racer know he only beat a RWD and not a Turbo S ;).
Sponsored