My 4S always charges past it’s set 85% to 91%??

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
You can stop it overshooting by setting two timers, the first as a charge set to 07:00, the second for, say, preconditioning at 09:00. The charging timer departure time must match the end time of the profile (07:00, in this case).
Why complicate things?
I'll charge to 82% on a 3,7kW or 79% on a 11kW, lol! :)
It's just a number you know.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Why complicate things?
I'll charge to 82% on a 3,7kW or 79% on a 11kW, lol! :)
It's just a number you know.
There is always a solution, I agree.

However I feel a bit annoyed that you have to find so many workarounds on an item costing in excess of 125,000 Euros! Navigation planning, finding chargers, charging timers etc etc.

I think if you had bought something else for that sum of money and it did not do what it said on the label, you would reject it.

rparsons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volco XC90 Inscription Pro, 4S Build Slot reserved
Country flag
I don’t know if it is linked, but I have noticed that when I stop the charger standing next to the car (without preconditioning in the last two sessions and on 7kw AC) and watch the car screen, the mileage continues to tick up quite quickly by a number of miles. I’ll need to watch more carefully to get a proper fix on the numbers, but I seem to recall 6-8 miles perhaps. I don’t recall the effect on the SoC but could correlate the increase mileage back to SoC if my maths is correct. It’s looks as though there is an overrun of power, but because the charger has been switched off presumably it’s because the battery monitor system is ‘behind the curve’ and understating the final charge perhaps?

rparsons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volco XC90 Inscription Pro, 4S Build Slot reserved
Country flag
I don’t know if it is linked, but I have noticed that when I stop the charger standing next to the car (without preconditioning in the last two sessions and on 7kw AC) and watch the car screen, the mileage continues to tick up quite quickly by a number of miles. I’ll need to watch more carefully to get a proper fix on the numbers, but I seem to recall 6-8 miles perhaps. I don’t recall the effect on the SoC but could correlate the increase mileage back to SoC if my maths is correct. It’s looks as though there is an overrun of power, but because the charger has been switched off presumably it’s because the battery monitor system is ‘behind the curve’ and understating the final charge perhaps? I should add that’s with no timer or profile, just direct charging enabled
Sponsored