kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
I tried to activate monthly FoD ALK yesterday, but unfortunately activation seems to have failed. When I get in the car, I am greeted with these nice messages:

Porsche Taycan My experience adding ALK via FoD + driving impressions using ALK A7A08D72-7C6D-4EF1-9074-FCB9F662CE6A

Porsche Taycan My experience adding ALK via FoD + driving impressions using ALK 16B90BDF-57B0-4A04-9F2D-8829DFB546F8

I also received an email from the connect store saying:

”Thank you for booking a Function on Demand service for your Porsche.

Unfortunately, an error occurred during the installation of your Function on Demand service, which must be corrected by your Porsche partner in the workshop.

Please contact your Porsche partner to arrange an appointment to correct the error.

We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Your Porsche Team”

Anyone got a any suggestions on how to recover from this that doesn’t involve a trip back to the Porsche Centre?

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I tried to activate monthly FoD ALK yesterday, but unfortunately activation seems to have failed. When I get in the car, I am greeted with these nice messages:

A7A08D72-7C6D-4EF1-9074-FCB9F662CE6A.jpeg

16B90BDF-57B0-4A04-9F2D-8829DFB546F8.jpeg

I also received an email from the connect store saying:

”Thank you for booking a Function on Demand service for your Porsche.

Unfortunately, an error occurred during the installation of your Function on Demand service, which must be corrected by your Porsche partner in the workshop.

Please contact your Porsche partner to arrange an appointment to correct the error.

We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Your Porsche Team”

Anyone got a any suggestions on how to recover from this that doesn’t involve a trip back to the Porsche Centre?
I’d probably try a 2 finger reboot and see if it will start the installation process again. Not sure what else you can try.

T4SEM

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Hi

I have had the exact same error message when I tried to cancel monthly FoD ALK - I could not resolve this myself.

Ended up back at Porsche Center for a diagnostic. They said the software on the OTA (over the air? I think ) module had been corrupted they were unable to reflash it successfully....

They had to order a new OTA module and I had to bring it back in again for fitting..

This then got rid of the warning message. However as far as I could tell there were no actually restrctions to vehicle functions whilst the message was there it just popped up every time the car started.

Interestingly I had successfully downloaded and then removed FoD ALK a number of times before without diffuculty. This error only occurred after the big uPdate.

Frustratingly I have since tried FoD ALK again and this time to would not download but at least no error message as above. I raised this with Porsche Connect technical as a ticket but they have as yet been unable to resolve this...just this week had and email saying gI would have to take it back to Porsche Center to activate/deactivate... So FoD no longer seem to work for me post uPdate.

By all means try 2 finger reset / turn off walk lock walk away for 30 mins etc. Hope it works out for you.

BW

Ed

kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
Tried reboot, walked away for 30 mins etc, but has not made any difference. Now booked for service. Shame that OTA updates don’t work reliably.

Reminds me of an update race condition in the NET module of Arcam AVR30 cinema receivers that bricks around 5% of updates and requires sending in to reload the firmware from scratch.

NFBJRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Has anyone else come across a situation where ALK or other FoDs aren’t showing up as an available option on the store? I’m only seeing in-car wifi and a security package as options on the ‘23 GTS I just picked up. I could swear ALK was an option when I looked at the store prior to picking up the car.

NFBJRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Has anyone else come across a situation where ALK or other FoDs aren’t showing up as an available option on the store? I’m only seeing in-car wifi and a security package as options on the ‘23 GTS I just picked up. I could swear ALK was an option when I looked at the store prior to picking up the car.
In case anyone comes across this issue, it should resolve itself. I called Porsche and they said the car needed to be activated for a few days before I'd see the option to add functions. I don't understand why it needs to take a few days...but it did resolve itself as they said it would.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Anyone able to add FOD for a 2023 Taycan? In my Connect Store i only have car security and in car wifi hotspot available. No ALK or anything else.

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
Anyone able to add FOD for a 2023 Taycan? In my Connect Store i only have car security and in car wifi hotspot available. No ALK or anything else.
It took a week or so after I got my car before I could see the options in the store. I did complain to the dealer though they just said everything looked fine on their side. Not sure if the raised a ticket with Porsche or it just solved itself.

I activated ALK and that never reached the car. I had to contact the dealer that then contacted Porsche to solve it from the backend. Took a day or so then it activated fine. Curious how it will work when I cancel the feature in a month.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In
TL;DR - great experience except for the website portion.

This morning I decided to try out ALK. My car was plugged in at home when I started the process. I tried to add ALK monthly subscription via website on my phone browser but it was giving an error that it could not be added to my shopping cart. I assume this is related to using a mobile browser so I jump on my laptop and get the same error a few time. I decide to give it one last shot and magically it gets added to my cart and I check out with no further issues. I immediately receive an email telling me how to get the update on my car so I head out to the garage (where I have poor cell coverage). I unplug the car as instructed in the email, turn it on and immediately see that the feature is available to install. Following the instructions in the email I turn off the car, verify in the goodbye screen that the feature will be installed (nothing to do, just looked at the message), and locked the car. I returned the car about 1 hour later and the installation had completed and ALK was available as a new feature.

This was a great overall experience. I wasn't sure what to expect and as it turned out, trying to get the subscription added to my shopping cart on the web browser was the hardest part. I'm looking forward to testing out the feature later today as I drive between Austin and Waco.

Some impressions from my drive on I-35 today.
  • I spent most of my time in the far left lane with ACC set to 88 MPH
  • ALK was better than I expected at staying in my lane on curves
  • ALK tended to stay slightly farther to the right side of the lane than I normally would. This would be fine in the far right lane though.
  • The nags about keeping my hands on the wheel (even though they already were) were annoying at first. To fix this I made sure I slightly steered the car the whole time and the nags stopped.
  • Even though I was slightly steering I still felt like I was doing MUCH less Than normal and was not fatigued at all when I arrived at my destination
  • It didn’t feel like the car was bouncing between lane markers at all
  • ALK lost the left lane markers when I would drive on an overpass
  • When ALK would disengage for some reason (happened a couple of times in 1.5 hours) it would do so silently but the white warning message in the left tube was very noticeable since I was slightly still driving. It would be nice to get an audio prompt similar to the croaking frog noise when LKA warns about getting too close to a lane marker.
  • The cars driving assistance systems handled the heavy, fast flowing traffic great
Overall I think the combination of ALK and ACC is great for a road trip and I will definitely use it again when I head out into west Texas in a month or two.
In UK, ALK works very well on highways and A40/A30 etc, but definitely do not trust it on central London roads with lane markers being what they are.

Tested EQS recently with ALK, and it seems a bit less jerky but overall Taycan holds up well.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Do you have ACC specced? If not, you can't use ALK.
Yes.

It took a week or so after I got my car before I could see the options in the store. I did complain to the dealer though they just said everything looked fine on their side. Not sure if the raised a ticket with Porsche or it just solved itself.

I activated ALK and that never reached the car. I had to contact the dealer that then contacted Porsche to solve it from the backend. Took a day or so then it activated fine. Curious how it will work when I cancel the feature in a month.
maybe it does take some time, only just got the car. None of the FOD options are available for me. I’ll wait a week before i sweat it out[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Digging up this old thread I started... A few days ago I ordered ALK again (I just wanted to have it for a road trip). I placed the order right before going to sleep one night. The next morning the update was available in the PCM. I followed the prompts to get out of the car and lock it. When I returned to the car later that day the update had been applied and the ALK feature was available. It was a seamless process. The feature worked great on the road trip from Austin, along I-35N through Fort Worth and out into the countryside eventually arriving in Wichita Falls, TX. The I-35 corridor has a ton of traffic and the system really did a great job of dealing with it. It's very relaxing to drive on long stretches of highway using ALK. At all other times I much prefer to drive the car myself.

d00d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yes
Country flag
Good that it's useful to you.
I occasionally try it, but then imagine drivers around me think I'm drunk, because of it wandering back and forth within the lane.
I'm hoping any improvement from the .2 makes it into an update.
Sponsored