Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
We purchased a 2019 Cayenne for my wife, and got the InnoDrive option. I would recommend it if you drive long distances. You can turn it off when you don't want it, but having it on a long trip (2+ hours) really makes the drive more enjoyable, especially if there are a lot of turns. We take the Cayenne up to Lake Tahoe frequently. It's a boring drive, but there are a lot of back and forth turns on the freeway; the car does a lot of that work for you, and just just don't feel like you drove for two hours after you arrive. Personally, I would highly recommend getting it.
Thank you! We go to Tahoe often so this is perfect!
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Passenger display worth it? Or just a gimmik? Saves me $2K. Yes, I know, I know....only $2K but things add up.
If you're trading passenger display against other options, I don't have a recommendation, but I wouldn't call it a gimmick. For example it's great for navigation when you and your passengers aren't sure exactly where you want to go. I set off on a weekend drive with friends, and along the way the front passenger figured out destinations and charging stops without distracting the driver.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
One reason I like the passenger display is that it allows my wife to enter destination info even while I shift the car into reverse. Also, it allows the passenger to comfortably use either their right or left hand while trying to use the clunky, non-intuitive navigation system.

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
Team Taycan,

Passenger display worth it? Or just a gimmik? Saves me $2K. Yes, I know, I know....only $2K but things add up.

I can get ACC plus LCA and forgoe passenger display. If I give up Innovo drive and LKA , I save $4k.

But in my mind, LKA seems important and Inno Drive seems cool.

Lots to digest here. In many ways, after writing this, I need to just spend the $4K and get it all versus regret later.
Its a gimmick but I like it. I ordered it and ,y son sets music and stuff while I drive. So not a necessity but a cool gimmick. :)

PorschePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Audi Q7
Country flag
I think the passenger display is a cool option to have. My wife thought it was sensory overload and really didn't want it at all. So we went without it. I can't really disagree with her on that point. We have 3 pretty large displays between driver & center console. I am a tech nerd though so I would of likely gotten it if my wife wasn't strongly against it.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I think the passenger display is a cool option to have. My wife thought it was sensory overload and really didn't want it at all. So we went without it. I can't really disagree with her on that point. We have 3 pretty large displays between driver & center console. I am a tech nerd though so I would of likely gotten it if my wife wasn't strongly against it.
Thanks Pete. This sounds very much like the conversation I was having at my house. My wife really thought it was unneeded even though it would only cost an additional $700 given the specs that had been added. And while it has a cool factor to it, I suppose I can use the $700 in other place.

Thanks

vaelin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 RS, G550, EQS580+
Country flag
Lets my wife DJ without her having to reach over or muck with my NAV.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Agree. Porsche had extra space in the dash to fill and knew some of us would have extra cash to spend. Car is too small for this to be a need or a true benefit. However the Porsche brand isn’t built off of need, it’s built off of desire. If you want it, get it.
Perhaps they should offer an armored hidden safe option where the passenger display is, for those who have even more cash and want to carry it in the car with them. :cool:
Sponsored