Passenger Display + ALK

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
@ciaranob : how can you play movies?
Real easy - just copy your .m4v, mov etc files (full list of compatible video/movie files in the GTK app) onto a flash drive (I am using a 120 Gb Samsung portable flash drive less than 2" square) and hook up to one of the two usb-c plugs in your console then immediately available in PCM - can't recall off top of my head but you search for USB devices (attached) and chose what you want to play. Will play on both screens synchronously if desired.

PS: Despite not being listed in the GTK you can use Mac formatted drives w/o ANY issue whatsoever - prev posts mentioned it had to be Win/DOS formatting - not true.
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Team Taycan,

Passenger display worth it? Or just a gimmik? Saves me $2K. Yes, I know, I know....only $2K but things add up.

I can get ACC plus LCA and forgoe passenger display. If I give up Innovo drive and LKA , I save $4k.

But in my mind, LKA seems important and Inno Drive seems cool.

Lots to digest here. In many ways, after writing this, I need to just spend the $4K and get it all versus regret later.
PD - bin it, probably already EOL tech.

ALK - drive the car yourself, much more fun - bin it too.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
This is great. The fact that it can be used to watch movies sold it for me!!

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Team Taycan,

Passenger display worth it? Or just a gimmik? Saves me $2K. Yes, I know, I know....only $2K but things add up.

I can get ACC plus LCA and forgoe passenger display. If I give up Innovo drive and LKA , I save $4k.

But in my mind, LKA seems important and Inno Drive seems cool.

Lots to digest here. In many ways, after writing this, I need to just spend the $4K and get it all versus regret later.
From what I read from other drivers, I wasn't convinced Innodrive was worth it. However, ALK (active lane keep is bundled with it and that seems like it would be nice to have for long trips. LKA is standard and it's more to just warn you when you've wandered to the edge of the lane.

I got ACC and plan to add ALK a la carte once it becomes available on FoD, when it comes back on line (It seems they've paused the FoD service for new cars).

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Worth it, especially on long road trips with the passenger watching films. Need a Kufatec OBD device to activate video in motion.

E62C8B88-6303-43F6-BCA3-EC81F88E808B.jpeg
How does the obd device work? Where do you get it? I have the PD and apart form showing a few friends I've never actually used it haha

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am sensing the InnoDrive is a waste and so is the ALK. From the threads, sounds like the way to go is LKA and ACC. And if I want ALK to download when available on the FOD.

THOUGHTS?

Thanks

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
I am sensing the InnoDrive is a waste and so is the ALK. From the threads, sounds like the way to go is LKA and ACC. And if I want ALK to download when available on the FOD.

THOUGHTS?

Thanks
ALK is much improved since launch and now does almost as well as my BMW X7 on long trips. I use it regularly on an SF to LA run. Third passenger screen, dunno didn't have it don't miss it.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag

THOUGHTS?

Thanks
got acc+Lka. Got alk as fod later on. Quite nice even in city and that little extra bit of safety during night rides. Innodrive seems useless. Pd is a nice touch (as would be an analogue wristwatch - you don’t really need it, but it’s nice to have it).

p_a_r_o

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
PD is an unncessary gimmick, but I love mine. It looks cool and completes the dash. If you don't get it you'll likely never miss it, but if you get it likely you won't regret it.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag

THOUGHTS?

Thanks
I would recommend you go this route you get a chance to actually test it and if you’re interested in keeping it you can pay monthly or purchase it through FOD. There’s a 3 month trial by the way.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Looking for some clarity regarding InnoDrive and Lane Change Assist...

InnoDrive reads that it comes with the features of LCA. However, the configurator still allows for both Inno and LCA to be selected independently.
Therefore, is selecting Inno alone the route to get Adaptive Cruise, LCA + Inno features. Or does LCA have to be specified in addition to Inno?

Folsom458

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Porsche Cayenne, 2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
We purchased a 2019 Cayenne for my wife, and got the InnoDrive option. I would recommend it if you drive long distances. You can turn it off when you don't want it, but having it on a long trip (2+ hours) really makes the drive more enjoyable, especially if there are a lot of turns. We take the Cayenne up to Lake Tahoe frequently. It's a boring drive, but there are a lot of back and forth turns on the freeway; the car does a lot of that work for you, and just just don't feel like you drove for two hours after you arrive. Personally, I would highly recommend getting it.
Sponsored