Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
My childhood dream comes true of ordering my first custom Porsche ….

The first time I laid my eyes on the Taycan, I knew I’d have one someday. I’ve had boxsters, Macans, 911’s but at this stage of my life I wanted a cruiser, and dang this just might be the perfect “sporty cruiser”.

I called 10 different dealerships in june, they all laughed at me and told me to get on the list, and most dealers told me BTW -we are getting over MSRP. Finally on my 10th phone call my timing seemed to be impeccable ,”sir, we don’t have a 4s BUT we have a GTS allocation that just came in about an hour go, it’s yours if you want it at MSRP” I asked wife if I should pull the trigger, she said with 100% certainty “stop being a pussy, and order it”…. So, I did 😃

I signed all paperwork Sat before end of year so I was able to get my tax credit for 2022.

I was going for a mission E look. I’m glad I switched from flat white to CWM as it’s really stunning in person and adds a bit more dimension over the flat white.

Yes, it’s interesting I have a GTS but none of the GTS typical markings (RS wheels, alcantara, etc)
I took a gamble on the blue rear logo, I think it looks awesome …

I drove it an hour straight to the detailer from dealership to get a PPF on hood and bumper and ceramic - G techniq crystal serum including wheels, I negotiated 2100 out the door.

Ride home was a bit overwhelming as I was using navigation an trying to familiarize myself with all the buttons and menus buried in menus …

Car is very precise, quiet, and quick. It didn’t feel as fast as my Tesla M3P in the low end although the numbers are similar. The power delivery is different and the much longer wheel base distorts how fast you’re really going. Going 100MPH on Highway feels like 65.

I should be getting “white baller pimp daddy” back this weekend. I’m excited to learn all the nuances of the car….

Thanks to all who have answered all my questions over last few months - especially DaveO and W1INGE.

Porsche Taycan My Taycan GTS arrival (Carrera White Metallic) 5BC9EC3B-5C47-4AB1-B600-C53D215C0458
Sponsored

Last edited:

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Wow. I don't even like white and that looks awesome. Congrats.
PS- did your wife really say that? LOL

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Congrats and amazing. I wonder if you can

1. Share interior pictures especially of the Aluminum trim with Black/Chalk interior.
2. What are the All-Season Tires brand/spec arrived on the car with picture helpful.
3. Could you help me understand the need for the Supply Cable NEMA 14-30?
4. Could you confirm that there is no more LED lighting for the rear footwells?

Bigal1267

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' GTS ST & 22 XC 90 T8 Recharge
Country flag
Congrats! after market dash cam or Porsche dash cam? Hopefully it is a plugin and play with either?

OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congrats! after market dash cam or Porsche dash cam? Hopefully it is a plugin and play with either?
That was just my iPhone - dealer won’t even Install Porsche dash cam , they said it has to many issues

OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congrats and amazing. I wonder if you can

1. Share interior pictures especially of the Aluminum trim with Black/Chalk interior.
2. What are the All-Season Tires brand/spec arrived on the car with picture helpful.
3. Could you help me understand the need for the Supply Cable NEMA 14-30?
4. Could you confirm that there is no more LED lighting for the rear footwells?
I’ll report back when I get my car

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
That was just my iPhone - dealer won’t even Install Porsche dash cam , they said it has to many issues
My dealer originally told me that it is a totally a plug and play with pre-wire option and then they backed out of that claim and put out a 7 hour labor at me so I do not even go there. I removed the pre-wire option.

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congrats on the new GTS! And yes, I think you succeeded in the Mission E look. Was the Interior Trim in Aluminum Rhombus because you didn't want the GTS Black Aluminum?

OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congrats on the new GTS! And yes, I think you succeeded in the Mission E look. Was the Interior Trim in Aluminum Rhombus because you didn't want the GTS Black Aluminum?
I thought it would go nicely with the lighter interior, at least that’s what I think my thought process was at the time …

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congratulations on the beauty! I hope to be making a similar thread this weekend after I pickup my GTS from PPF too!
Sponsored