Titleist19

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Hello there and thanks for welcoming on the forum.
I am writing from Tuscany-Italy.
Just picked my new Cross Turismo 4 and noticed some differences between mine and one of my friend seen also in YouTube videos.
In range mode I’ve seen that mine disengage the front wheels while I’ve always seen the opposite.
In the left tube of the steering monitor it’s not available the indication of where the power is directed as seen in most of taycan video online.
Is this some new feature or I should get a check?
thanks
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi, it appears that Porsche decided to remove the All Wheel Drive display for MY22 - not clear if in error or by design.

It doesn't offer much insight either so you aren't really missing out on much.

Range mode will disengage the front motor - https://dealer.porsche.com/id/jakar...ted-more-range-more-connectivity-more-colours - amongst various other things as this article describes.

I've noticed different behaviour on my car when in Range from when I first got the car. MY20 / 21 cars received several major updates which will have introduced some of these optimisations. In some cases the Nav will advise Normal mode over Range which sounds counter intuitive but I guess the software and engineering guys and gals know what they are doing.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
They talked about it in the initial press release. Apparently the 2022 models do indeed freewheel the front motor to increase range. I believe that’s why the 4S has 464km of range while the new GTS (with updated WLTP rating) has 504km of range.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...pgrades-range-connectivity-colours-25520.html
Whoa - where did you see these ranges in a press release? A 288 mile range for he 4S!! - don't believe that I have ever seen that printed by Porsche for my 4S. 3rd parties have realized this range in real world driving but thats different than a manufacturer's estimated range.

I have a November build 2022 CT4S and most def have no where near this range reported with the vehicle. I do have remote park assist and other features as listed in that August 2021 press release and so I assume most if not all of what they list here is in my car but TBH I am not 100% sure if the freewheeling optimizations have been fully implemented.

EDIT - just now relooked at the press release and at bottom of page addendum and sure enough some elevated numbers reported there - assume this is where you saw them too - apologies!

But I need to review these as seem WAY TOO optimistic... of course they provide all the provisos re car setup and I guess WLTP here covers every possible setup in a 4S i.e. optimal wheels, load, etc etc.

Porsche Taycan New energy management in the my2022? Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 8.11.43 AM

Porsche Taycan New energy management in the my2022? Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 8.15.15 AM

Last edited:

TaycanRe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q4 50
Country flag
Nice! Feel free to share some pictures
CT is great in the snow :)
Enjoy!

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Whoa - where did you see these ranges in a press release? A 288 mile range for he 4S!! - don't believe that I have ever seen that printed by Porsche for my 4S. 3rd parties have realized this range in real world driving but thats different than a manufacturer's estimated range.

I have a November build 2022 CT4S and most def have no where near this range reported with the vehicle. I do have remote park assist and other features as listed in that August 2021 press release and so I assume most if not all of what they list here is in my car but TBH I am not 100% sure if the freewheeling optimizations have been fully implemented.
That’s what’s listed on the Swedish product page. Mind you, the WLTP rating is listed as ranges of different min and max values for different types of driving. This specific number is the maximum range for mixed city and highway driving, which I believe is the one most commonly quoted.

Pure city driving will result in a longer range, while highway driving leads to shorter range.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
That’s what’s listed on the Swedish product page. Mind you, the WLTP rating is listed as ranges of different min and max values for different types of driving. This specific number is the maximum range for mixed city and highway driving, which I believe is the one most commonly quoted.

Pure city driving will result in a longer range, while highway driving leads to shorter range.
I get 240-250 miles estimated range at 100% charge and a real world consumptive range of more like 220 miles right now - I expect this to improve as the car 'beds' in but despite others reporting high numbers, w/o having to go to low speed Range modes I will likely never attain 288 miles!

These press release ranges are truly misleading imo as 'real world' numbers. We don't need to get into it here as obviously discussed ad nauseam elsewhere on the forum - just a personal use perspective albeit early days for me.

And yes of course the US EPA numbers are rubbish but in terms of consumptive use (again not vehicle estimated ranges that assume a very distinct driving mode) they unfortunately might be more realistic. My pers goal is to try to plan for 240 mi MAX range on any road trip to accommodate reasonably enjoyable driving styles.

The EPA range on my 2022 - definitely conservative.

PS: And actually for ref., my slower city driving to date is less efficient than my highway driving.
Porsche Taycan New energy management in the my2022? IMG_4748

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
One of the problems is that you get these generic statements that range is increased because of this change or that change but you don't know what the increase actually is. Or the EPA/WLPT estimates have been increased to whatever. But you don't really know whether the test protocols got changed and then they are using one or two figures to represent the performance of the car over many varied conditions.

I would like to see some of these testers Tom, Kyle, Bjorn or Edmonds who have standardized methods, actually test these new cars to see what the increase in Range is going to be in real life as compared to the original MY2020 4S. Then award the kudos or raspberries as the case may be.

With changes every year that should be tested, they have themselves a life long annuity.
Sponsored