First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,
Please may I ask for some advice. Got my absolutely beautiful Carmine Red 4S on 23rd Dec.
Having recurrent problems with:
-the car constantly going into privacy mode even when I turn privacy mode off
-now refusing to charge tonight (currently 120miles still available)
-have to log in everytime I get into the car either with 4 digit code or full ID and password
-tonight the middle display (by dashboard and passenger display) wouldn’t come on, just said unavailable- all I had was the dashboard on my drive home tonight.

I love my car but I am somewhat FTSU Ivy these issues.
Any advice appreciated. Thanks
C
Sponsored

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover - Defender - Taycan Turbo arriving soon
Country flag
Hi,
Please may I ask for some advice. Got my absolutely beautiful Carmine Red 4S on 23rd Dec.
-have to log in everytime I get into the car either with 4 digit code or full ID and password
-tonight the middle display (by dashboard and passenger display) wouldn’t come on, just said unavailable- all I had was the dashboard on my drive home tonight.

I love my car but I am somewhat FTSU Ivy these issues.
Any advice appreciated. Thanks
C
I had a similar problem where the main screen froze and wouldn't let me do anything so i switched it all off returned an hour later and it then worked as if nothing had ever happened, since then no other problem?

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
These 2 could be linked. Because you are not automatically signed in you also loose this setting? Maybe when the automatic login problem is solved this will 1lso be solved.

You also need to activate the Porsche connect services.

Porsche Taycan New Taycan teething problems 20201231_001403

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
For your not charging, remember that you have to push until the charging plug clicks - otherwise you will be on perpetual pause.... Don't ask me how I know that.... Also someone here reported a problem with charging on one side of the car but not the other - if no luck with the hard push / click , switch sides

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For your not charging, remember that you have to push until the charging plug clicks - otherwise you will be on perpetual pause.... Don't ask me how I know that.... Also someone here reported a problem with charging on one side of the car but not the other - if no luck with the hard push / click , switch sides
Thank you

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Do you have any profiles or charging timers enabled? Remember you don’t want to charge to 100% unless you need to, so either use a charging profile to set a “minimum” charge level you want when you depart or use departure times with a specific charge level.

It may be you have a profile enabled that has a minimum charge, if you plug in it won’t charge unless you enabled ”Direct Charging” or one of the suggestions above.

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you have any profiles or charging timers enabled? Remember you don’t want to charge to 100% unless you need to, so either use a charging profile to set a “minimum” charge level you want when you depart or use departure times with a specific charge level.

It may be you have a profile enabled that has a minimum charge, if you plug in it won’t charge unless you enabled ”Direct Charging” or one of the suggestions above.
Thank you, will check

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Don't create any alternate profiles, establish any timers, or use remote connectivity to control the charging process unless you absolutely need to do this. Just set the charge level to 85% on the default profile and simply plug the car in whenever its parked at home.

Its all the "magical" stuff which is causing folks issues (potentially including dead 12V batteries). Just plug it in and forget it.

You've been warned... ;-)

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don't create any alternate profiles, establish any timers, or use remote connectivity to control the charging process unless you absolutely need to do this. Just set the charge level to 85% on the default profile and simply plug the car in whenever its parked at home.

Its all the "magical" stuff which is causing folks issues (potentially including dead 12V batteries). Just plug it in and forget it.

You've been warned... ;-)
Thanks

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Sorry.....may I coat tail on this?
This is stupid stuff but I'm still battling the UI on this car after 9 months.....need to just take a weekend and sit in the garage.
Trying to set up second profile for my wife.....since it's actually her car and family dog-hauler :) .
When I've entered Porsche I.D. and Password it's telling me Profile already exists.....yep I did that way back when. What I want is to set up another profile.
And BTW......regarding 'passwords'.....MyPorsche and Porsche Connect are one in the same?...as in the video he mentions the Security Code when you set up MYPorsche Account.
Finally....the MyPorsche "password" is not the "Security Code" mentioned in the video....but rather another code?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@GreggT from the Porsche website you want to create a secondary user. I don't recall if that secondary user can be an existing Porsche ID or must be a new one (I had to delete everything and restart due to my PCM challenges October - December). You (primary user) and your wife (secondary user) will have different Porsche IDs (your Porsche ID password is the same as your MyPorsche password - this is different from the PIN / security code) and different security codes to log into the car. Note the first time you log into the car you need both your Porsche ID and password, then you need the PIN (which you must create on the website). Then you can decide it the PIN must be entered to select the configured users. You probably want to turn that off for convenience. Then provided you and your wife use different keys, the car will remember the last user for each key.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Sorry.....may I coat tail on this?
This is stupid stuff but I'm still battling the UI on this car after 9 months.....need to just take a weekend and sit in the garage.
Trying to set up second profile for my wife.....since it's actually her car and family dog-hauler :) .
When I've entered Porsche I.D. and Password it's telling me Profile already exists.....yep I did that way back when. What I want is to set up another profile.
And BTW......regarding 'passwords'.....MyPorsche and Porsche Connect are one in the same?...as in the video he mentions the Security Code when you set up MYPorsche Account.
Finally....the MyPorsche "password" is not the "Security Code" mentioned in the video....but rather another code?
Wishing you luck!

Good UI's shouldn't require you to "just take a weekend and sit in the garage" but I'm fairly sure you realize that at this point...

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Wishing you luck!

Good UI's shouldn't require you to "just take a weekend and sit in the garage" but I'm fairly sure you realize that at this point...
Yep.........agree, but to be more fair, some of the fault is me. Haven't had time....and definitely not a weekend :) . Thanks
Sponsored