Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Hello! This will be my first Porsche(and first preorder that's not a Tesla). I think I need to skip the July/August arrival allotment. That said does anyone know how soon typically after that first wave you can custom order and expect it to arrive?
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure, but it may depend on the variant you're considering and the dealer as different dealers receive varying allotments. For example, I know the Cross Turismo is pretty hot and those allotments will go fast.

To answer your question more directly, in my case I placed my Taycan 4S order in December and was told March allocation/delivery by the dealer. It's now March and according to Porsche's "Track Your Dream" website, my delivery is indicating June 4 arrival.

I'd recommend ordering sooner than later as production seems to slip considerably.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mysta

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Yeah sounds right and yes CT is my goal. I just am trying to do a few things and was intending a bit later in the year for next car but now the allotment is kind of put me where I'm trying to make it happen sooner but curious how bad it will be if I wait.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Production is going to be delayed (chip issues, amongst other things). Better to order earlier then later in my opinion. If you don't already have a dealership in mind, PM me and I'll connect you with whichever GM is doing the best deals at the time (as I've done for tons of others here).

For reference, I ordered in December, early-January allocation. It's on a boat now, 2 days from the US port. Delivery in ~1-2 weeks (they said slight delays even after it's at port).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
To be accurate you need a crystal ball. Many factors and moving parts as you've read above.

UK orders are generally fulfilled within 3 months (assuming no delays but USA clearly will take longer)

Might be worthwhile considering a MY22 build for Oct / Nov delivery if you aren't in a rush. This will have latest spec and updates.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I placed an order yesterday (4/1) and was advised to expect delivery late May or early June.

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
I placed an order yesterday (4/1) and was advised to expect delivery late May or early June.
Hey hey. Congrats. I placed mine on April 2 and was told to expect an estimated early June arrival. Exciting times.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Production is going to be delayed (chip issues, amongst other things). Better to order earlier then later in my opinion. If you don't already have a dealership in mind, PM me and I'll connect you with whichever GM is doing the best deals at the time (as I've done for tons of others here).

For reference, I ordered in December, early-January allocation. It's on a boat now, 2 days from the US port. Delivery in ~1-2 weeks (they said slight delays even after it's at port).
Delivered a few days ago if it helps. Allocation was locked mid-January. Going forward, there will be slightly more delays then looking back. However, Porsche is still doing well compared to some other OEM's who are shutting down factories because of chip shortages, etc..
Sponsored