Nobody talking about the revised 2022 configurator?

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Likely it will be a 2021. New model year usually land in late November/December. I would not a buy a current model year that late in the cycle as your car becomes a year old with associated depreciation a month later.
Who knows when or if it will take effect, but there is a good chance at some point in time for the US that the rules for the Fed EV Tax Credit are going to change to a $10K credit & a $80K limit on vehicle price. So by waiting for a 2022 model year could cause you to loose the current $7,500 Tax Credit
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@Perry I didn't selecct Park Assist... neither roof rails as well.
I asked my dealer and he said that there must be some problems with configurator... that such color combo doesn't exist at all..

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’ll get mine without it for sure.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I’ll get mine without it for sure.
Probably if yours is scheduled for July 9th. Lucky guy ?

There is another new option with MY22. B-Pillars in Race-Tex in combination with roof liner in Race-Tex ?

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Probably if yours is scheduled for July 9th. Lucky guy ?

There is another new option with MY22. B-Pillars in Race-Tex in combination with roof liner in Race-Tex ?
yes, July 9th is (still) confirmed, but I’ll believe when I’ll see the car.

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Park assist is the one option i regret getting. It's usless and a waste of money, by the time it finds a spot that it can park in and it parks the car you can do it in a 1/10th of the time.

Maybe it works better in countires like the states where the roads and parking spaces are bigger but in London its 100% usless.

The one time I got it to work it parked 1 meter away from the curb.

If i could do it again I would get the night vision instead.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Park assist is the one option i regret getting. It's usless and a waste of money, by the time it finds a spot that it can park in and it parks the car you can do it in a 1/10th of the time.

Maybe it works better in countires like the states where the roads and parking spaces are bigger but in London its 100% usless.

The one time I got it to work it parked 1 meter away from the curb.

If i could do it again I would get the night vision instead.
I was regretting that this option wasn’t available when I ordered my car. I now feel a bit better. I do have a tight spot in my condo that I thought it would be useful for, however.

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
Mine was delivered in the second week of October 2020 and it was still a MY2020.
Yes, it's confusing because different Porsche models change MY at different times. But best I can ascertain, U.S. dealers will begin getting 2022 Taycan allocations around August, with first deliveries in Q4. I'm in line for the first 2022 Turbo allocation at my dealer...

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
It seems to be tied to Park Assist. They're probably just missing an image asset for the extra sensor in the configurator. Not entirely sure why this broke now, though.
Yes, my 2021 configurator (regular Taycan, not CT) blacks out that lower back panel in certain views, and it's clearly just a missing piece of the image...because I change views and voila! It's the right color again. :cool:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Yes, it's confusing because different Porsche models change MY at different times. But best I can ascertain, U.S. dealers will begin getting 2022 Taycan allocations around August, with first deliveries in Q4. I'm in line for the first 2022 Turbo allocation at my dealer...
That makes sense. If I am not mistaken, the first MY2021 deliveries in the US happened in December 2020.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm in line for a 2022 CT 4S. October allocation.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Who knows when or if it will take effect, but there is a good chance at some point in time for the US that the rules for the Fed EV Tax Credit are going to change to a $10K credit & a $80K limit on vehicle price. So by waiting for a 2022 model year could cause you to loose the current $7,500 Tax Credit
From the lack of response to my post, it would appear that I may be the only person concerned re. the Federal Tax EV Credit. It certainly is not the reason I am buying the car, but I would hate to loose it if avoidable.

Reactions: cfp

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
From the lack of response to my post, it would appear that I may be the only person concerned re. the Federal Tax EV Credit. It certainly is not the reason I am buying the car, but I would hate to loose it if avoidable.
I’m keeping a close eye on it. That bill has a long way to go before it gets finalized so it’s difficult to guess where it ends up. For instance, giving an extra $2,500 tax credit for cars built by union workers seems absurd on its face. Though I DO think that capping the purchase price for eligibility would be an easy one to get bipartisan support on. Which is too bad because high priced EVs are usually early adopters of new technology (for instance, 800V) so it’s somewhat logical to keep the incentive in place for high priced EVs. Then again, this is Washington so logic is in short supply.
Sponsored