Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Does the iCar Pro work with the taycan? I remember something about the iCar having something... can't remember.
it works perfectly for me with a 2022 and using carscanner app. I can only vouch for that specific model that I listed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
it works perfectly for me with a 2022 and using carscanner app. I can only vouch for that specific model that I listed.
Thank you for the information. I searched and it was related to ABRP usage but I don't think I'll be using that in the car.

So right now I'm torn between:

OBDLink CX €96.50 shipped from France

Vgate vLinker MC+ €44.95 shipped from Germany

Vgate iCar Pro €29 shipped from Tschechia

What's the difference between the iCar and vLinker? Hmm

Last edited:
OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered the "Vgate vLinker MC+" basically because it apparently is the model superseding the iCar Pro (supporting larger data packets?) and because it's half the price of the OBDLink CX.

Let's see how my SoH is after 1k km and only DC charging in a moderate/warm country. Hopefully still in 90 digits 🤪

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I ordered the "Vgate vLinker MC+" basically because it apparently is the model superseding the iCar Pro (supporting larger data packets?) and because it's half the price of the OBDLink CX.

Let's see how my SoH is after 1k km and only DC charging in a moderate/warm country. Hopefully still in 90 digits 🤪
Quite a few of us use this scanner (or variants thereof) as reported in the SoH thread here - other options were also discussed - but should have no issues with it:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ery-soh-performance.12815/page-14#post-244152

Please do post any readings in the above thread if possible - thx!

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quite a few of us use this scanner (or variants thereof) as reported in the SoH thread here - other options were also discussed - but should have no issues with it:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ery-soh-performance.12815/page-14#post-244152

Please do post any readings in the above thread if possible - thx!
Thanks. I've been using car scanner for years in my other cars. It also came handy several times to reset a stupid particle filter regen error one of my cars had for some time.

Excellent app.

I'll make sure to report once I have the data.

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
This one works great for me. OBDLink CX Bimmercode Bluetooth 5.1 BLE OBD2 Adapter for BMW/Mini, Works with iPhone/iOS & Android, Car Coding, OBD II Diagnostic Scanner https://a.co/d/9l9Xs5a
Thanks for the link. I got this to also use with my Volt. But where is the OBD port in the Taycan?

Gubab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.1 GTS Cabriolet
Country flag
We have OBDLink CX - works perfectly with car scanner and ABRP. But when approaching the car and phone is connecting to OBDLink car alarm is activated. But i see this as a feature not a bug.

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
We have OBDLink CX - works perfectly with car scanner and ABRP. But when approaching the car and phone is connecting to OBDLink car alarm is activated. But i see this as a feature not a bug.
Should I leave this plugged in? I don’t have much experience with these dongles and I thought I just use it to read codes. Please share any helpful links for beginners and n00bs 🤓

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Thank you for the information. I searched and it was related to ABRP usage but I don't think I'll be using that in the car.

So right now I'm torn between:

OBDLink CX €96.50 shipped from France

Vgate vLinker MC+ €44.95 shipped from Germany

Vgate iCar Pro €29 shipped from Tschechia

What's the difference between the iCar and vLinker? Hmm
I'm also interested in getting one for my car if I ever collect it. Based on the issues with my car to date I'll need it.

So following to see which is best to buy.

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't found major differences. I didn't know about the "Vgate vLinker MC+" having physical pair button when I ordered it. It is probably more secure but a chore to unplug/replug unless you leave it in plugged but then you get that Red error on startup, right? Or is that just a one-time message when you plug in the device?

Will be cool to have it plugged in and display Car scanner live on the PCM while you drive. I always appreciated that in my other cars. Of course the novelty wears off quick and I'm not interesting in seeing the kW flow while driving (at least not all the time).

My Vgate vLinker MC+ was expected to be delivered today but I guess logistics still suck. Even DHL isn't what it used to be. I don't expect it before middle of next week.
Sponsored