Octopus Energy £100 New Customer Credit.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Just moved over to them and Agile 2 days ago.

Is there an EV charger that's good to get which can sync with the rates?

Last edited:

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Just moved over to them and Agile 2 days ago.

Is agile a type of tariff on octopus? I take it octopus is just another energy supplier same as edf/ Npower etc? Rates do seem cheap on octopus, 5p and 14p all day. Looked at the edf one someone posted the other day and whilst the night rate was cheap the day rate was 26p compared to my current every hour rate of 13p. May of saved a few pence over night but would of been canned on normal useage and have underfloor heating throughout house as main heating so would of been astronomical through winter!

OP
OP
Persuader

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Is agile a type of tariff on octopus? I take it octopus is just another energy supplier same as edf/ Npower etc? Rates do seem cheap on octopus, 5p and 14p all day. Looked at the edf one someone posted the other day and whilst the night rate was cheap the day rate was 26p compared to my current every hour rate of 13p. May of saved a few pence over night but would of been canned on normal useage and have underfloor heating throughout house as main heating so would of been astronomical through winter!
Yes Agile is another Octopus Tariff but a bit more complicated than the Go Tariff.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Well it looks a great deal, 25p a day standing charge, 5p for 4 hours during night and 14p rest of day. Can you set the car to top up between 0030 and 0430 ?
Is there a better deal in the U.K. than this With £100 cash back incentive? Just got to work out if I have the smart meter they mention now Already installed or not, and confirm my exit fee is only £15 in my edf energy tariff as locked into this until dec 21!

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Just moved over to them and Agil
zappi seems to get good reviews....
Check out the octopusev https://www.octopusev.com/charging

they offer a discount on install for the EO mini and also discount on the Ohme charger.
I have both of them and they work well.
Am awaiting install of smart meter to switch to the GO Ev tariff. According to the details you can set both of these chargers up to automatically take advantage of the cheap times for charging.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
New customer credit of £100 just been announced. The deal is available for 8 days only.
Octopus Go is 5pKW 00.30 - 04.30.
4000 miles has cost me £63 in electricity cost.
https://share.octopus.energy/alive-queen-328
Hi Peter, just signed up so hopefully you’ll see the £50 referral fee once all completed.

Got a couple of work colleague with Tesla’s/ incoming Taycans so will be sending them a link to see if I can get a few referrals. Thanks for sharing link.

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3, Mk4 Megane Trophy-R, C1 Race Car
Country flag
My EDF EV tariff is 12.5p at all times and once the smart meter is installed, the night rate drops to 8p - but that is something like 9pm to 6am and all weekend - maybe worth looking into what they can offer to keep you

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
My EDF EV tariff is 12.5p at all times and once the smart meter is installed, the night rate drops to 8p - but that is something like 9pm to 6am and all weekend - maybe worth looking into what they can offer to keep you
Hmm, that does sound decent! I did check out Edf’s tariffs but didn’t see this so will look again and maybe ask the q around retention!

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Hmm, that does sound decent! I did check out Edf’s tariffs but didn’t see this so will look again and maybe ask the q around retention!
I had a fun retention call with Scottish Power whom had an EV tariff but could not explain it and then when said it was online only, could not send or advise how to access it :rolleyes: I had moved over anyway but demonstrates how some of the old school established energy co's are still behind the times (albeit they probably don't see uptake warranting the effort to sort it!).

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes your night time rate will drop to 8bp but your daytime rate goes up! For me in London it would go up to 18p which really isn't worth it...

EDF EV rates here

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Yes your night time rate will drop to 8bp but your daytime rate goes up! For me in London it would go up to 18p which really isn't worth it...

EDF EV rates here

Just about to post the same as just checked. Very misleading in the wording on the home page but when you click in much more expensive. I have underfloor heating throughout downstairs so day tariff still important as canes electric during day! Nearly 20p for me.

Porsche Taycan Octopus Energy £100 New Customer Credit. 96-F744-FE-841-B-44-D9-AB57-06-C692910-F30
Sponsored

Last edited: