PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Data point, I'm in the US and no sign of this OTA update for me. I've rebooted the PCM and still nothing. I assume there is a progressive rollout and it will eventually be my cars turn.
Same here. Checked and nothing yet.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Data point, I'm in the US and no sign of this OTA update for me. I've rebooted the PCM and still nothing. I assume there is a progressive rollout and it will eventually be my cars turn.
It may not be all cars or all cars within a MY or all regions - I wouldn't sweat it

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you were having trouble with the spinning disc, or with partial PCM start up, you can always do the two finger reset. It’s been reported that some people had to do the two finger reset twice.

I did it once. And everything is fine.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
I just received it too... it would be nice to see the details of the update. I plan on waiting to see how many people brick their car before I attempt.
I uses it and it worked fine.The update was about about optimizing the direct charging software

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are any 2020s getting the update? I have yet to receive an email or notification in my car. When I login to Porsche.com it says Porsche Connect Setup -> Online Software Update Activated.
I haven't seen a notification yet for my MY2020

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Installed this earlier in the week, no problems at all. Would have been nice to have some indication from outside the car that it was installing (or even a push message to the phone when it was done), but it did give a very precise time (7 minutes). I left it alone in the garage for longer than that, and when I did go back and turned the car on, I got a message telling me it completed.

This is a huge improvement over the 4 days the dealer had my car for the last software update 😀

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
I haven't seen a notification yet for my MY2020
No email for my 2020 and the software indicates that it is "up to date" as of July 27th. Perhaps it is more complicated coding on the 2020's, but if they can't do it OTA, then let's hope they can offer it at the dealership.

IanG

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
No email for my 2020 and the software indicates that it is "up to date" as of July 27th. Perhaps it is more complicated coding on the 2020's, but if they can't do it OTA, then let's hope they can offer it at the dealership.
For what it's worth, no update yet for my 2022 GTS (California), although there apparently was a map update a few days ago :)

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
2020s are known for not being able to support plug and charge. OTA would require a similar capability - attesting itself to a remote server using some built-in key - as a starting point, as obviously OTA is far more complex of a process after downloading. So I wonder if that means there will never be OTA for first-year models.. /end of speculation

Slappy_G

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo sedan, Audi S6
Country flag
Yep thats it :)

Apologies for late response but was dropping mine off at the dealership this AM to get the new and improved 2023 front fan shrouds installed along with a couple of other things.

Also - not sure if you're up to date but only that 1 out of 6 cars with pre and post-OTA Soh readings showed an increase in Soh - all 5 others have zero change or continued decease - fairly confident that the one exception is an anomaly but close enough to be within the known +/-1.5 to more rare 2% variations in the 90 Soh readouts to date.
I did just post in the SoH thread. I specifically ordered mine to do the before/after readings from the update. Basically I fell into the camp of "zero change."

Also, what is the deal with the fan shrouds? That's for the thing that fixes if gravel is getting stuck in there or something right? I have to drop mine off at the dealer to fix the AC charger which stopped working, so wondering if this shroud can only be asked for if an issue has already come up first.

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
2020s are known for not being able to support plug and charge. OTA would require a similar capability - attesting itself to a remote server using some built-in key - as a starting point, as obviously OTA is far more complex of a process after downloading. So I wonder if that means there will never be OTA for first-year models.. /end of speculation
So this i like a penalty for buying a new model at an early stage :-(

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
They've not been sctewing it up for over a year now with similar big OTA updates to be fair.
Ma
They've not been sctewing it up for over a year now with similar big OTA updates to be fair.
I can't speak for the UK but this hasn't been the case in the US. The last big update ended up taking two weeks at the dealer for me. The only things that have been coming OTA were map updates. That's why they sent the email out - they're finally pushing updates to critical functionality OTA.

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
@bluedonkey … or anyone else for that matter that have received this OTA update, would you be kind enough to post your new software version…… there are a lot of posters on here that would love to know if they are indeed up to date …. Not FOMO just curious …..🥹

PCM>Settings>system>software information>version information ……….

This is the screen from my MY2020 (which is an old version)….
Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! IMG_2135_Original

Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@bluedonkey … or anyone else for that matter that have received this OTA update, would you be kind enough to post your new software version…… there are a lot of posters on here that would love to know if they are indeed up to date …. Not FOMO just curious …..🥹

PCM>Settings>system>software information>version information ……….

This is the screen from my MY2020 (which is an old version)….
IMG_2135_Original.jpeg
My 2022 4S got the update several days ago. Version information is the same as yours except for Hardware, which is H9J1035092AH.
Since I did not look at this before the update, no idea whether update changed any of these values, or not.