Panoramic roof pricing

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For those who have placed a build order, did you notice an option difference between what's reported in the car configurator tool and what your dealership build sheet states?

I'm in the US and the car configurator shows the panoramic roof as part of the "Premium package", but my dealer build sheet list it out as a separate option with additional cost.
Sponsored

jross72

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Yes. The package says it includes the panoramic roof and when you choose the package, it adjusts the price accordingly; however, once I complete the build and save it, the equipment price increases above the sum of my chosen equipment. I asked my dealer about it and he didn't have an answer at the time. I hope that the price gets readjusted as it seems I am paying for the roof twice, but it's also possible the configurator is wrong and the package price is more than it is listed.

Jay-2505

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5
Country flag
Hey guys,

speaking of the roof: Can someone explain to me the different options in regards to the „double bubble“ roof? Someone said it‘d be available in 6/2020 - what exactly is the difference to the one being built right now? Thank you :)

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
Yes. The package says it includes the panoramic roof and when you choose the package, it adjusts the price accordingly; however, once I complete the build and save it, the equipment price increases above the sum of my chosen equipment. I asked my dealer about it and he didn't have an answer at the time. I hope that the price gets readjusted as it seems I am paying for the roof twice, but it's also possible the configurator is wrong and the package price is more than it is listed.
It is a zero charge item on my build sheet. It is included in the premium package. It is the same price I get in the configurator though. No up charge there either once I add the premium package.

jross72

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I just did a test build on the US configurator for a Turbo. If you choose the premium package as your only option, it adds $4340 to the total price, which, combined with the required mobile charger connect ($1120), brings the Price for Equipment total to $5460. If you save the configuration and get a code and then reload the configurator with that code, the Price for Equipment increases to $6950, which is $1490 more, the exact price of the panoramic roof option alone. Meaning that the configurator is charging $4340 for the Premiun Package and $1490 for the panoramic roof. It only happens after you save the configuration. The summary still lists it as a $0 change, but the total price is higher.

OP
OP
Fitzban

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey guys,

speaking of the roof: Can someone explain to me the different options in regards to the „double bubble“ roof? Someone said it‘d be available in 6/2020 - what exactly is the difference to the one being built right now? Thank you :)
The "double bubble" is the hardtop roof. Currently, in US, at least, all Taycan orders must also add the panoramic roof.

Jay-2505

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5
Country flag
If I see it correctly, in Germany the hardtop roof is the default choice, at least for the 4s.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
If I see it correctly, in Germany the hardtop roof is the default choice, at least for the 4s.
yah in Europe the hardtop “double bubble” is standard and the panorama is an option.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Is there an option I am missing on the website for deep tinted passenger windows and back rear window ? I see taycans pics out in the wild and some have them tinted and some do not. Any help would be appreciated , thanks.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Is there an option I am missing on the website for deep tinted passenger windows and back rear window ? I see taycans pics out in the wild and some have them tinted and some do not. Any help would be appreciated , thanks.
In Europe it’s under lights and vision but looked on the US site and it does not seem to be there....... at all....... ?!

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
In Europe it’s under lights and vision but looked on the US site and it does not seem to be there....... at all....... ?!
I can't figure that one out. Makes no sense to not offer it here :(
Thanks for the response

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
I can't figure that one out. Makes no sense to not offer it here :(
Thanks for the response
Different states have different limits for the amount of legal tint.
In US, you’ll have to do it after purchase.
Porsche Dealer should be able to recommend quality shop to do it.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Any panoramic-glass roof made in a car today should have electrochromic or "smart" glass (like that on passenger windows of the new 787 Dreamliners), in which you can use a button/switch to make the glass transparent, translucent, or totally opaque. (The current Panameras have a horrible thin fabric like pantyhose that closes underneath the panoramic roof, but it still lets in a lot of sunlight. It's cheap-looking and absurd that this appears in a Porsche.) This electrochromic-glass technology is very widespread now, and cheap enough to be used even in Toyotas and Hondas. It absolutely should be in any high-tech luxury car like the Taycan, but I've heard nothing to this effect in the Porsche blurbs on the car. I absolutely would not buy any car with a big panoramic roof that you could not dim to zero and have full control over; it's a deal-stopper to begin with. (I always opt out of getting auto-dimming mirrors because I don't like having zero control over them, and they can get too dark at times.)

As for the Porsche configurators: Anybody with extensive experience with the online configurators knows that Porsche does not have very good quality control in these configurators, which is appalling for a company where a high percentage of buyers of their very expensive vehicles spend tons of time pouring over the options for different configurations of the car they are thinking about buying. Porsche needs much better quality control on the information that they put out, as much of it is contradictory and much of it is just outright incorrect. No excuse. Management issues that need to be tightened. It's infuriating to Porsche buyers and potential buyers.

Last edited: