PoorShah

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS, 64 Chevelle SS, BMW 7LI, X-Plaid
Country flag
I would be interested to know from people who have actually had the passenger display, whether they would prefer it again in a do over.

i got the feeling, without specific corroboration, that it only works if there it a passenger present.

I frequently have a passenger in my car, so it really is for their benefit.

i have had mixed and diametrically opposed views, but nothing substantive.

I have heard from one person who has it and says it’s worth getting. Other than that, a couple or people who were disappointed it didn’t work without a passenger.

Are there any people here who have it and think it’s worth getting?

Thanks in advance.
My take

My taycan was $185K cash out the door. I’d buy the passenger display without question again. It’s a negligible cost.

now in terms of use, I never use it. My passengers never use it. I also have the rear display. My rear passengers never use it. Especially new passengers. They have no idea how to use it.

And the few times my wife tried to use the passenger display to help me with navigation, she got so frustrated, she just use google maps on her phone.

would I get it again? Yes.

would I get it over leather seats? No
Over a panoramic roof? No
Over thermal glass? No
Over carbon fiber accents? No

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Other than nav and music, please what other things can one display on it?
navigation, media, weather, video streaming (Cayenne 2024 and later, so I'm assuming all porsche models post 2024 Cayenne), cockpit dials, some vehicle settings, other minor stuff

as porsche does more OTA updates I would guess more functionality can be added

the existing functions are not bad - and again better than a blank piece of plastic/leather

it's not like the space isn't going to be there - it's either a screen or a flat surface the size of the missing screen.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Other than nav and music, please what other things can one display on it?
My kids use the cockpit and sportchrono stuff quite often, plus media (main use).

Bought my car used so didn't spec it. It's nice to have, but iirc £7-800. Not sure it's that nice to have.
Sponsored