MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] image

This is my version ... i don't think is a pcm version
Sponsored

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
With the exception of people that really care about wireless android auto and spotify integration, I'm not so sure anyone will really notice. I'm sure it will have some other small improvements here and there, but it seems pretty early to declare that this PCM update will somehow impact used car buyers much, if at all.
I would argue that the improved charging planner is the thing that really matters and for that it shouldn't be a question at all whether older cars get it. In fact it should receive continuous updates.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
We really don't have any choice but to wait and see at this point. And hope...

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Where do I get this SDK? And can I create my own apps and distribute them to my car?
Alas you can only participate and get this SDK if you are an employee of Porsche.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Alas you can only participate and get this SDK if you are an employee of Porsche.
Why oh why do Porsche then make such a statement. I feel extremely happy to hear that Porsche have tried to tap into the best app developers existing. Gives me great Comfort!

NOT!

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
This is exactly what I have done already. I only want that the PCM functions that I was promised, should work. I have written to both the MD of the group where I bought my car. The actual sales person left the company as well as the branch manager.

I also sent a formal letter, plus email, to the President of Porsche France. I am giving them about a week to respond and if not even an acknowledgement at that stage it will be handed to a solicitor.

Of course I would like the new options for filtering out useless 50 kW chargers (some of the ones used by navigator have been Closed for nearly two years now.

I just want a reliable system with

Traffic information, none available now
Internet Radio,
Apple Music
My seat and mirrors set as I have set them
My favourite radio stations as I have selected them, staying in the system.
Porsche Charging service in the navigator
Communication with the Porsche servers and connect app
Calendar app working
News app
Weather working , probably also needed for the navigator to plan charging stops etc.

These functions have been available every time after a workshop visit, but only last about two weeks and then fail.

My warranty is only two years here and runs out in May.
I just sent my Porsche dealer a letter of default by email and registered mail with a 14 days to remedy the issues. I don't expect much in this period but I had to send an official letter of default to register the complaint before my warranty elapses.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I just sent my Porsche dealer a letter of default by email and registered mail with a 14 days to remedy the issues. I don't expect much in this period but I had to send an official letter of default to register the complaint before my warranty elapses.
Good point.

I have sent email and ordinary letter to President of Porsche France a week ago. Not even any acknowledgement so far. Neither from the Dealer Principal ( the sales guy left for another brand).

Next step will be a registrered letter from my legal advisor.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
That's is the software version of the passenger display and not of the PCM ?

Try this at the central display: Settings -> System -> Softwareinformation.
Than you should get this screen:
Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] pcm1

Sparky

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT 4
Country flag
Amen! :)

I couldnt find the SSP 679 now, but i know i've read it earlier.

Our PCM6 system is, as you mention, more or less identical to the Audi MIB3 system. The sticker on the PCM unit even states this. While the Audi MIB 2+ system seems to be related to the PCM5 system, although thats not really relevant to this particular discussion.

So far I havent been able to find a specific cut-off date as to when the 9J1 main unit was "discarded" in favour of the PAD main units. All I've found so far is that it states "model year 2022 onwards" for the PAD main units.

I just got the VIN number for my Taycan CT earlier today, and it does indeed have the PAD main unit.
Sorry for a late reply. My CT is a model year 2022 and was built in October 2021. It has the 9J1035 unit vice the newer PAD. I wonder when they switched over to the new PCM hardware.

Sparky

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT 4
Country flag
The best information we seem to have now says that 2022 cars can likely be updated if they didn't come with the new software from factory. For 2020 and 2021 cars it seems unlikely.
If the software update is dependent on the the newest version of the hardware, there will be MY22 owners who will be out of luck, too. My MY22 has the older hardware - it was built in October 21.

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
If the software update is dependent on the the newest version of the hardware, there will be MY22 owners who will be out of luck, too. My MY22 has the older hardware - it was built in October 21.
which version is the new hardware that will get the update?
My car was built in October, what version of the hardware do you have?

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag

pcm1.jpg
I have to admit I have never been part of a team releasing a SNAPSHOT to customers. I wonder what sort of engineering practices they have, when this versioning is available to everyone to see. Sure, it’s a minor thing, but like the say, the devil and all that.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I have to admit I have never been part of a team releasing a SNAPSHOT to customers. I wonder what sort of engineering practices they have, when this versioning is available to everyone to see. Sure, it’s a minor thing, but like the say, the devil and all that.
That's why they never fix bugs. They don't have any branch ... ?

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s

I'll add my MY21 Configuration data to this as a reference. I have to say that dependability is much, much better compared to when I purchased my 4S in late July. No reboots, internet radio doesn't take forever to start the station, Carplay is very responsive.
I am going to start taking a picture of the above screen after every calendar update (that is all I seem to get) and see of the version numbers change. I wonder if they just don't have the versioning process well sorted yet.
This doesn't diminish my wish for all Taycans to be upgraded when improvements or features are made. Not a good business practice to ose control of hardware configurations in just two years.

Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] MY21_PCM6_TC
Sponsored