PCM 6 Update Oddities

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Got the new PCM update last week, with a rattle fix. Almost drives and feels like a new car. :clap: However:

When I get to the car, it unlocks. But only the side I approach with the key extents the door handles. The other side does not, so passengers always stand there trying to open the door. I have to press the door unlock button in the car. Is this the new standard or is it a bug I need to get fixed?

My MY2020 does not have Android Auto button. Is there something I need to do to get it, or will it never come for older models?

Indicator sound: Before I had a nice tick, tick, tick, tick, now I have a cheap tick, tock, tick, tock. Is that the new standard?

The map is still outdated and the new rounded buttons are so ugly, since they don't fit at all the the rest of the design. Do we have to live with kindergarten design for years to come?
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think the "comfort access" configuration now has specific options for unlocking the doors only on the side that the driver is approaching, or all doors, or just the driver's door.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Got the new PCM update last week, with a rattle fix.
Was the rattle the one that seems to be coming from the ac vents/ac screen? I have that and it’s mildly irritating. Would love for it to go away.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Was the rattle the one that seems to be coming from the ac vents/ac screen? I have that and it’s mildly irritating. Would love for it to go away.
I also have had a bad rattle in that area that I would love to get fixed. Last time I brought it to the dealer for PCM 6 and some other recalls, I mentioned this rattle and they could not reproduce it :(

OP
OP
feye

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Mine came from the cover between the rear view mirror and the windshield. Something got loose in there after they installed the dash cam.

OP
OP
feye

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I think the "comfort access" configuration now has specific options for unlocking the doors only on the side that the driver is approaching, or all doors, or just the driver's door.
Porsche Taycan PCM 6 Update Oddities 1668563152374

Thanks! My 2020 PCM has one option missing, but at least the "All doors" is available. :)

Android Auto is also missing. I wonder what else we don't get...

DL81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 S, GLE 450, Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I get to the car, it unlocks. But only the side I approach with the key extents the door handles. The other side does not, so passengers always stand there trying to open the door. I have to press the door unlock button in the car. Is this the new standard or is it a bug I need to get fixed?
My only wish is the driver's door handle extending more than half the time. Nothing better than walking up to the car, key in pocket and waiting for the handle to extend. I have to then take key out of pocket and motion it around the handle to work. It's all just an awkward sequence more often than not.. meanwhile my wife can have her Benz key buried in her purse and it opens 100 percent of the time

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
My only wish is the driver's door handle extending more than half the time. Nothing better than walking up to the car, key in pocket and waiting for the handle to extend. I have to then take key out of pocket and motion it around the handle to work. It's all just an awkward sequence more often than not.. meanwhile my wife can have her Benz key buried in her purse and it opens 100 percent of the time
Note that you don't actually need to wait for the handles to extend. The car will unlock further away than what's required for it to present the handles, so if you have the key with you, you can generally just pull the handle and the door will open (as well as extending the handles).

Similarly, you can also push the trunk button even if the handles aren't extended.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just pull the handle if not extended on approach.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
1668563152374.png

Thanks! My 2020 PCM has one option missing, but at least the "All doors" is available. :)

Android Auto is also missing. I wonder what else we don't get...
Do you not have the AA button / tile on the central display either?

If you do then configure AA and so next time you connect the AA icon will be available and appear on the lower display.

I thought it was available for MY20 cars too.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Do you not have the AA button / tile on the central display either?

If you do then configure AA and so next time you connect the AA icon will be available and appear on the lower display.

I thought it was available for MY20 cars too.
I have android auto in my MY20 Taycan

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Try connecting your Android phone to the car via the USB-C cable. That should trigger a message asking you for permission to enable it. Double check to see if Android Auto is installed on your phone too.

The latest update actually supports both wired & wireless.

OP
OP
feye

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Have you tried to put a new battery into the key fob? With my key in the pocket, when I get close enough, the car switches on and the door handles extend reliably.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I am still getting random routings from the nav system pop up while I am driving. I also get random messages from apple podcasts

OP
OP
feye

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I am still getting random routings from the nav system pop up while I am driving.
Doesn't sound right. Take video and send to your dealer?
Sponsored