PCM connection to Porsche Server

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It’s been 4 days now and I cannot connect to my Taycan via my connect app on my phone. Does anyone know if Porsche’s main server is down?
Sponsored

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
I have sporadic issues. Not for days in a row, though.
Sometimes car even doesn't remember home and work. They seem to even store that online.
Stupid.

OP
OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have sporadic issues. Not for days in a row, though.
Sometimes car even doesn't remember home and work. They seem to even store that online.
Stupid.
I love the car but I’m really disappointed with the software. Not what I expected after paying this amount of money

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
It’s been 4 days now and I cannot connect to my Taycan via my connect app on my phone. Does anyone know if Porsche’s main server is down?
I was not having any issues until about 11AM ET today. Now it will not connect. I noticed it as I was doing a DC fast charging session at Electrify America. I wondered if it had anything to do with that.

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
I have the same issue, data showing in the app is over two days old. Have tried re-installing but no joy. LTE connection is showing in car but porsche server doesn't appear to be connecting to car.

It is rather frustrating that the connect functionality is so lacking when compared to other manufacturers.

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
I was not having any issues until about 11AM ET today. Now it will not connect. I noticed it as I was doing a DC fast charging session at Electrify America. I wondered if it had anything to do with that.
Maybe coincidental but mine also went off around the time of a DC fast charge.

OP
OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’m on phone with Porsche as we speak and I’ve rebooted the pcm and no cigar! They have no idea what’s happening. This is really sad.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
Since yesterday for me as well same issue no connection.

TaterTex

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don’t think there has been a month when I haven’t experienced a bothersome technical issue since I received my 2021 Taycan 4S in May 2021. Yet again, my Taycan has lost connection with the Porsche Server, so the Porsche Connect app is useless.

I contacted Porsche Customer Service (made contact in the 4th call) and they had me send a screen shout if the app connection page. No fix yet and no mention of how long it may take. So…

This might have something to do with the 2 minutes it takes to load the media/radio upon starting the car. Very annoying.

Before I get a Porsche in the future I would do my best to see if they have corrected this longstanding technical incompetence. They just can’t handle technology.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Same for me. Since 4 days. PCM does not exchange data with servers. Impossible to login profile from car, despite full LTE signal (tried in 2 countries with different network providers). Logging in from app or web is possible but only shows old data. Resets, new accounts etc. Are useless.

LTE data connections initiated by car seem broken and whatever requires it …fails in turn: no id login, no map updates, no data downloads for digital radio, etc.
Could anyone confirm?

Dealer created a ticket with sw support (not sure who these are). Connect call center is a bunch of people reading scripts - they are clueless, they could not tell a taycan from a dishwasher.

3 hours ago , while on a highway a notification of a map update popped up, as if - briefly - the connection was established again and something was downloaded. I tried again to log in with no luck.

at some point they‘ll fix it. Maybe…

Porsche Taycan PCM connection to Porsche Server 2EC7A225-158E-4F8D-8369-6144FD5FCB4E
Porsche Taycan PCM connection to Porsche Server 2E670C91-EE04-4080-BEB7-13B3CDB0009B

Last edited:

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
At least for me, the car’s data connection seems to be working fine. I am still logged into My Porsche account through the PCM, I see LTE on the side bar and if I go into Privacy and Porsche Connect in the PCM I can pull up a list of all of my Porsche Connect Services. Apps like weather and news work fine too. However, nothing out of the car can connect to the car - none of the Porsche Connect app, the My Porsche app and My Porsche through the web interface can connect to the car or pull current info. So in my case it seems to be a problem on the server end and not the wireless with the car.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Mine has failed every time I charge AFTER locking the car after a couple hours has passed (charging at work, when a kind coworker plugs me in after they’re done) and maybe 1/3 of the time when charging while unlocked. CarPlay also doesn’t work after this happens, I get a black screen when I click the button for CarPlay.

A couple hours in timeout after a drive OR the two finger reset have fixed it every time so far. I have exactly zero faith that the dealer can diagnose or repair this.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Sorry if I did not illustrate it well. I am in the exact same situation you described: privacy disabled, LTE strong signal, Porsche connect services visible, 1 download of a map update. And yes My Porsche app and the website are also outdated. (I have "weather" and "news" but don't use them, I presume they also rely on the available LTE and do not need an extra data package - in Europe for a $ charge, which I don't have)

But it's not just external data connections that can't pull info out the car. On the phone with a dealer's rep, I "tried" to delete my account from the PCM and log in again. it failed repeatedly. It seem to remove the account from the PCM but it really is just removing the entry in the PCM not deleting it anywhere on the Porsche server, because it simply cannot communicate with it. (I would encourage you to try but then if you can't log back in from the car you are stuck with "guest").

I tend to think that the server side application for profiles management is broken.

At least for me, the car’s data connection seems to be working fine. I am still logged into My Porsche account through the PCM, I see LTE on the side bar and if I go into Privacy and Porsche Connect in the PCM I can pull up a list of all of my Porsche Connect Services. Apps like weather and news work fine too. However, nothing out of the car can connect to the car - none of the Porsche Connect app, the My Porsche app and My Porsche through the web interface can connect to the car or pull current info. So in my case it seems to be a problem on the server end and not the wireless with the car.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Sorry if I did not illustrate it well. I am in the exact same situation you described: privacy disabled, LTE strong signal, Porsche connect services visible, 1 download of a map update. And yes My Porsche app and the website are also outdated. (I have "weather" and "news" but don't use them, I presume they also rely on the available LTE and do not need an extra data package - in Europe for a $ charge, which I don't have)

But it's not just external data connections that can't pull info out the car. On the phone with a dealer's rep, I "tried" to delete my account from the PCM and log in again. it failed repeatedly. It seem to remove the account from the PCM but it really is just removing the entry in the PCM not deleting it anywhere on the Porsche server, because it simply cannot communicate with it. (I would encourage you to try but then if you can't log back in from the car you are stuck with "guest").

I tend to think that the server side application for profiles management is broken.
I have the same problems since Tuesday this week. I have LTE, can play internet radio, Apple Music and all the Connect services seem to be listed. I have the LTE signal visible as well. All seems to be working but the car is not connecting with the servers. Here is a screen shot about the last synchronisation the car has performed. And it has been driven for about 250 km in very good coverage.
Porsche Taycan PCM connection to Porsche Server FA4B28B0-C76B-4D9A-A088-ED7C5EF5D78D

You can also see the built in SIMs status. Go to Settings>Phone>Options>Data connections settings. There you can see the network the car is using as well as the signal strength.
Porsche Taycan PCM connection to Porsche Server BBE87B9B-77E5-4D5A-AF45-9FE6E75A4CFF

So all points to the fact that the servers are down or the connection module in the car has stopped working. But it would be surprising, since so many people have the same issue.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
All OK here (currently, but now probably jinxed it).

What do you see when you log into My Porsche (web site) - the same out of date data?

In 12 months I've had sporadic random Porsche Connect issues (all of the ones mentioned above) but none lasted more than a day.

Feels like some back office IT work is ongoing (incognito, not communicated to the poor folk that we all call up and rant at) such as upgrades / patching. This may be done an a per country basis and so will potentially impact us all at some point.
Sponsored