Per Dealer: Jan 2022 PCM 6.0 System Update - "No Plans at this time..."

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
yeah it is unclear since it was not specific (eg “all taycans”)

it may be that the software can be configured for different hardware versions…or not.

we will know soon enough.
It's not clear there are different hardware versions though. MY2022 cars shipped so far seem to have the same hardware as 2020 and 2021, based on what people have posted. So if everyone so far has the same hardware rev, not sure why it would be limited to "only 2022", other than just a very bad policy decision.
Sponsored

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
It's not clear there are different hardware versions though. MY2022 cars shipped so far seem to have the same hardware as 2020 and 2021, based on what people have posted. So if everyone so far has the same hardware rev, not sure why it would be limited to "only 2022", other than just a very bad policy decision.
The PCM hardware part number looks different when you go into the version info menu.

Thorgal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90T8 - Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
This is correct, it should be available near the end of this month. Not sure if OTA or not but hopefully it is available as an OTA.

1644245394828.png
In my opinion you can also read this as “the update will be installed into all new Taycans from week 07/2022“. I personally don’t read here that any existing Taycan will get it.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
My sales rep told me that they would begin upgrading existing MY22 cars in week 7 and onward.

Edit: I called and checked, since I'm actually finally going to get my car tomorrow. They confirmed that they would schedule an upgrade to the new PCM version next week for me.
Can you please inquire your dealer if he forecast upgrading MY20/21 models ? ?

OP
OP

courbcyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY22
Country flag
Interesting! I
wonder if these dates refer to the delivery date after which these models will include the upgrade rather than the date when they will start to upgrade prior models?

1644245394828.png

[/QUOTE]

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
In my opinion you can also read this as “the update will be installed into all new Taycans from week 07/2022“. I personally don’t read here that any existing Taycan will get it.
But that wouldn't match the information my dealer received from Porsche in Stuttgart. They told him, that all Taycans that enter production from week 3 2022 onwards (means from Jan 17th) will have this update on right from factory.

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
  • UK MY22 Delivered last week of December 2021. PCM 6.0 /p36
  • PCM update announced on PAG website Jan 24 2022.
  • Porsche System Update Newsroom Link
  • So naturally I reach out to my dealer to ask when I can expect this update on my 4 week old car
  • "There are no plans at this time regarding a upgrade/retrofit for PCM generations of your Taycan..."

Extraordinary!!
That's not good my 2022 was built 15th Dec and still stuck at Emden salty docks for what ever reason so presumably when I eventually get it won't have latest PCM which crazy as not even left Germany surely you think the software could be updated I am really losing confidence with Porsche

NYF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (not delivered yet)
Country flag
I'm sorry, I thought Porsche had entered the 21 century...?! Come on! Tesla has been doing this for nearly a decade! With all the buggy software the Taycan suffers from, they better upgrade it. How can they not figure this out? Is it a hardware limitation already after two years of production? Its not like the infotainment is doing anything especially taxing? I got my MY22 CT4 three weeks ago, and maybe I was naive, but I fully expected that a MY22 car would be "future proof" more than three weeks into the year!

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
My CT4S is “scheduled for production” on 2/18. That’s week 7 right? Cutting it close…

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
My CT4S is “scheduled for production” on 2/18. That’s week 7 right? Cutting it close…
mine is scheduled for the same day, 18FE. CW7 in Germany starts on the 14th of Feb (Monday). I’ve been wondering about that as well.

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's not good my 2022 was built 15th Dec and still stuck at Emden salty docks for what ever reason so presumably when I eventually get it won't have latest PCM which crazy as not even left Germany surely you think the software could be updated I am really losing confidence with Porsche
As I’ve mentioned on another thread, I’ve learned from Porsche GB today via my dealer that there are currently no plans to update MY22 Taycans to the latest PCM software build, but that a decision may be made in the future to provide this update, which would be orchestrated via a visit to a Porsche dealership service department.

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
As I’ve mentioned on another thread, I’ve learned from Porsche GB today via my dealer that there are currently no plans to update MY22 Taycans to the latest PCM software build, but that a decision may be made in the future to provide this update, which would be orchestrated via a visit to a Porsche dealership service department.
My car completed production on Jan 14th, so 3 days before the new PCM system was introduced.

I guess that means I will not get the upgrade, even at a later date?

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My sales rep told me that they would begin upgrading existing MY22 cars in week 7 and onward.

Edit: I called and checked, since I'm actually finally going to get my car tomorrow. They confirmed that they would schedule an upgrade to the new PCM version next week for me.
Have you been given a date for your upgrade yet? Please post pics of the before and after.
Sponsored

Reactions: sfr