Perforated leather on 18-way sport seats without ventilation

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
I've seen cars with the ventilation option, and of course they're perforated. But what about cars with 18-way sport seats WITHOUT ventilation, will the seats come non-perforated? Anyone have this care to chime in?

If removing the ventilation option also removes seat leather perforations, I might actually remove the ventilation option since I honestly don't use it much on our other cars and would prefer non-perforated dead cow skin.
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Correct. If you don't option seat ventilation, the leather is not perforated.

This is shown in the configurator. It's easier to see with lighter colour leather, switch to white background and then full screen the configurator.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I know for the 14 way seats, the centers are perforated regardless of option. But adding ventilation adds perforation on the bolster as well

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
I've seen cars with the ventilation option, and of course they're perforated. But what about cars with 18-way sport seats WITHOUT ventilation, will the seats come non-perforated? Anyone have this care to chime in?

If removing the ventilation option also removes seat leather perforations, I might actually remove the ventilation option since I honestly don't use it much on our other cars and would prefer non-perforated dead cow skin.
I have the 18 way sport seats and no ventilation, they are perforated.
config is not always correct.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I have the 18 way sport seats and no ventilation, they are perforated.
config is not always correct.
That's what I suspected based on the 14-way seats. The interesting question is if 18-ways seats with ventilation get perforations on the bolsters as well. I actually believe they don't (unlike the 14-ways which do). Most likely because the bolsters now have adjustments and as such can't have vent pass through there

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
That's what I suspected based on the 14-way seats. The interesting question is if 18-ways seats with ventilation get perforations on the bolsters as well. I actually believe they don't (unlike the 14-ways which do). Most likely because the bolsters now have adjustments and as such can't have vent pass through there
When speccing my car a year ago, it was my understanding that 18 way seats (which I ordered) were not available with ventilation.

Even today, if you select 18 way seats in the configurator and then attempt to select seat ventilation from the interior options list you will get a dialog box which informs you that in order to have seat ventilation, you must de-select the 18 way and choose 14 way instead.

To your point, my guess is that the additional hardware required for the side and squab bolster inflation leaves no room for the ventilation fans and other bits either in the bolsters or under the seats.

OP
OP

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
When speccing my car a year ago, it was my understanding that 18 way seats (which I ordered) were not available with ventilation.

Even today, if you select 18 way seats in the configurator and then attempt to select seat ventilation from the interior options list you will get a dialog box which informs you that in order to have seat ventilation, you must de-select the 18 way and choose 14 way instead.

To your point, my guess is that the additional hardware required for the side and squab bolster inflation leaves no room for the ventilation fans and other bits either in the bolsters or under the seats.
My US-spec GTS build is in the order system with 18-way seats AND ventilation, accepted by my dealer and confirmed with a build sheet. Going back to the online configurator to check, it looks like 18-way sports seats in leather will allow you to add ventilation, but NOT massage+ventilation, where you will need to go with 14-way to get the massage feature. So perhaps 18-way + ventilation is a new thing this year or somehow only allowed on the GTS builds?

WarryBhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S, BMW IX3
Country flag
Ordered mine recently in EU spec.
These are the config possibilities:
* 18 way ventilation + heating
If you want to add massage function you have to go for 14 way. At that point you can have:
* Ventilation
* Heating
* Massage

At first I opted for 18way but reverted back to 14 due to the lack of massage option for 18.

Hope this helps.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Looks like perhaps ventilation became available on the 18 way as well. Also found a pic where it seems like it does indeed add more perforations on the bolster as well

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...lea-or-blackberry-bramble-leather.6749/page-2
Sorry for the misleading info. Further examination of the configurator reveals that if you choose 18 way seats with the standard interior, you are required to change to 14 way seats if you want ventilation, as I posted earlier.

However, if you have selected a full leather interior, ventilation is available with both 14way and 18way.

Seems kind of odd, but I'm sure Porsche has a reason for it. ;)

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Indeed you ‘re right

HypeR

First Name
emre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s performance plus
Country flag
Selam! taycan'ım 18 yönlü koltuk havalandırma yok ama delikli deri

HypeR

First Name
emre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s performance plus
Country flag
Hi! my taycan 18 way seats and no ventilation but perforated leather

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sorry for the misleading info. Further examination of the configurator reveals that if you choose 18 way seats with the standard interior, you are required to change to 14 way seats if you want ventilation, as I posted earlier.

However, if you have selected a full leather interior, ventilation is available with both 14way and 18way.

Seems kind of odd, but I'm sure Porsche has a reason for it. ;)
Same here - mine is on order (USA build) and has 18-way + full leather + ventilation.
Sponsored