Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Unfortunately after you'd driven for 45 minutes to heat the battery up the battery would be flat :angry:

This really is something Porsche should have warned people about. The car drives well but this power loss is a joke. I'd rather have less range and full power the whole time. If you charge to the recommended 85% then in many temperature conditions you effectively have normal power for 35% of your battery.

I wonder if some of the ICE tuners will realise there'd be a market for remapping the software in these things.
That is all down to the battery technology though. Of course you could tune it with sw but I suppose it will age the battery quite a lot. It may also be set too conservative from Porsche just now and they may alter it once more experience is received from the cars on the road.

By the way, the new Tesla Model3 performance with the heat pump is also badly hit by power limitation.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Unfortunately after you'd driven for 45 minutes to heat the battery up the battery would be flat :angry:
Drive it in Sport Plus mode for a shorter time and it will heat up.

OP
OP
TSS

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countach, Diablo SE30, Taycan Turbo, Lamborghini 5C
Country flag
Drive it in Sport Plus mode for a shorter time and it will heat up.
I did try that but it doesn't heat up as fast as the battery depletes! I was driving it as hard as I could. So from 30% by the time the battery had heated up the SOC was less than 10% so the performance was still rubbish. It might be better when it's warmer outside.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Cold temp AND low SOC affects car performance. Let's keep it simple? (This is physics - not Porsche or Tesla or yada yada).

Best way to counter that is to park the car in a heated(ish) garage. If possible.
If not - knowledge is power. Now you know, so drive and plan accordingly.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Cold temp AND low SOC affects car performance. Let's keep it simple? (This is physics - not Porsche or Tesla or yada yada).

Best way to counter that is to park the car in a heated(ish) garage. If possible.
If not - knowledge is power. Now you know, so drive and plan accordingly.
Exactly why I never have performance/cold battery problems living in south Florida.
Sponsored