Taycan RWD Low range (battery performance plus)

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Not really, I like heating / Air con. That's about 50 miles gone there.
So this is with ac on and without the performance plus (big) battery or did you mean you have the big battery, performance plus? It’s confusing, I got it wrong as well. Small battery is the performance battery, big battery is performance plus. Seems porsche is really keen on having the performance naming on there.

Absolutely amazing range. Unheard of.

You have to do a thread teaching us how to maximize range while driving. This range deserves an award and is an anomaly.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So this is with ac on and without the performance plus (big) battery or did you mean you have the big battery, performance plus? It’s confusing, I got it wrong as well. Small battery is the performance battery, big battery is performance plus. Seems porsche is really keen on having the performance naming on there.

Absolutely amazing range. Unheard of.

You have to do a thread teaching us how to maximize range while driving. This range deserves an award and is an anomaly.
Performance denotes lower voltage than the Performance Plus battery in addition to extended range.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Performance denotes lower voltage than the Performance Plus battery in addition to extended range.
say what?

apologies, i am confused. Just did a internet search and:

"It should be noted that Porsche offers two different battery options, the standard 79.2-kilowatt-hour battery (A.K.A. the Performance Battery), and the 93.4 kWh Performance Battery Plus (Turbo and Turbo S models are only available with the PB+). "

https://www.torquenews.com/17989/porsche-taycan-real-world-range-which-battery-do-you-really-want

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think he means the standard performance battery is actually around 600v not 800v. Cell quality? Source? Who knows but I've read the same more than once. The standard pack has a lower voltage than the PB+

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
say what?

apologies, i am confused. Just did a internet search and:

"It should be noted that Porsche offers two different battery options, the standard 79.2-kilowatt-hour battery (A.K.A. the Performance Battery), and the 93.4 kWh Performance Battery Plus (Turbo and Turbo S models are only available with the PB+). "

https://www.torquenews.com/17989/porsche-taycan-real-world-range-which-battery-do-you-really-want
The PB has a max peak charging capacity of 225kW whereas the PB+ pushes 270kW.

Note that you are quoting gross battery capacities and not the net and so take 10% off these numbers to get the actual capacity you can charge (10% is kept on reserve for battery management).

Reactions: B61

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I'm still surprised how an internet search and along the forum post saying the base taycan on regular batter can get around 250 miles of range.

I have never gotten that, even in nice weather. Let's see how it does this spring/summer, 2nd year of ownership.

Must be the Mission E's....

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I have CT4, 21” wheels….and before uPdate, i was seeing between 400-420km without any problems.
After uPdate, it went down to 360-375 km @ 100%SoC.

OP
OP
davitzo

davitzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I'm still surprised how an internet search and along the forum post saying the base taycan on regular batter can get around 250 miles of range.

I have never gotten that, even in nice weather. Let's see how it does this spring/summer, 2nd year of ownership.

Must be the Mission E's....
Same. I get 330km if im lucky
Sponsored