Performance Options on 4S? PDCC, RWS, PTV Plus

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
A lot of people appear to have added loads of options to a 4s and the prices must then be more than a Turbo.

I changed my 4s to a turbo as it wasn’t music has more expensive
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
A lot of people appear to have added loads of options to a 4s and the prices must then be more than a Turbo.

I, too, considered this and found a similarly spec'd Turbo would have been ~$30k more. Sticking with the base 4S wheels is a significant savings... and I like how they look.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Yes I have my 4S configured to $140k USD so I did test the Turbo and I would have wanted it at $175, so 4S it is. ;)

I know many reviews talk about the prices of Porsche options and such, and I agree that some seem too steep; however, at least they offer options like night vision, rear wheel steering, full leather or vegan. One has to at least appreciate that part of it. And you can really make the car fit your desires.

I guess I wanted many options that were not part of either trim level.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
For me although the cost of the car was more it included items that I was going to spec ie perf batt +, full leather, sports seats, heated seats, metallic paint, larger wheels, LED headlights, BOSE, PTV, PSCB brakes etc
so the price gap closed and as the Turbo will have a greater residual value when selling on in the future the gap was so small it was an easy choice

BUT
I then ended up adding another 10k of kit I wasnt going to add on my 4s
so I am well aware how you can just keep up specc’ing the car with more options and spend a ton more money than you wer initially planning on !!!!!!!

Last edited:

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
We did pdcc because the roads here are shit and I've been told it will make it smoother. Is that not the case?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
We did pdcc because the roads here are shit and I've been told it will make it smoother. Is that not the case?
I don't believe it will make any difference in ride comfort. It keeps the car level when cornering, so there is a bit more even distribution of weight on the tires inside/outside, but not enough that I think you'll notice a difference in comfort if you're cornering hard.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
PDCC reduces body roll when cornering. Shouldn't make any difference regarding comfort.
Agree with @fantasma, but to add @paladin732 the base Adaptive Air Suspension is what will help with rough roads and the 4D Chassis Control also base on 4S and above.

Last edited:

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
The last comment in this interesting thread is a bit old, and a lot of Taycans has been delivered since.

Any real life experiences from current owners regarding the performance options?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The last comment in this interesting thread is a bit old, and a lot of Taycans has been delivered since.

Any real life experiences from current owners regarding the performance options?
Love love love the RWS and PTV+. Just spec them and don't give it a second thought. Period. Makes the car feel exceptionally nimble.

There are no downsides and they are actually very reasonably priced.

PDCC, though, seems expensive for what you get. The center of gravity is already so low and the body roll nearly nonexistent. But I haven't driven a Taycan with it so maybe it's actually totally worth it.

Last edited:

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love love love the RWS and PTV+. Just spec them and don't give it a second thought. Period. Makes the car feel exceptionally nimble.

PDCC, though, seems expensive for what you get. The center of gravity is already so low and the body roll nearly nonexistent. But I haven't driven a Taycan with it so maybe it's actually totally worth it.
i would agree 100% with your comments mate

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
PDCC reduces body roll when cornering. Shouldn't make any difference regarding comfort.
I don't think this is true. It allows the anti-roll bars to be less stiff when not cornering which improves comfort over a bump because the impact is transmitted less to the other side. That's actually one of the main reasons for a dynamic system as opposed to always keeping it as stiff as it gets when cornering.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

I changed my mind a little bit, since I was driving my new 4S+ with RWS and PTV+ but without PDCC.

1. RWS If you will EVER park the car, or make a tight U-Turn, you MUST MUST MUST buy this option. Once you drive the car you will think: Wow, that is like a FIAT 500. I once rented one at Milan airport for a quick business meeting in small Italian town nearby. This option will make sense to you every single time you drive the car! I only got my car yesterday, and I already wonder, why this is not standard on any car produced today?

2. PTV+ If you like to drive your corners hard, it is a good idea. But I have not driven a Taycan without it. So not sure, what the difference would be. I ordered it, because my MS90D feels like a piece of soap on a wet sink. I hate that feeling and I don't want that in my Taycan. And so far, I am really happy.

3. PDCC I did not order it, and so far I am good with it. I drove a Turbo S at the Hockenheimring. That was like a new highspeed train on newly build tracks. Unbelievable! I did a Launch Control today, and there the difference became obvious. Really interesting but still ok, nothing to worry. The thing is, I do not need Launch Control at least not on a daily basis. I imagine, if you buy a Turbo/S and like to go racing, or if you drive a lot in winding uneven country roads, than this could make the ride much smoother.
Sponsored