Performance Options ?

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
Dear members,

I m ordering a Taycan ( base ) and want to keep it a low spec build…

currently driving a model S ( before had a well speced Panamera and Macan ) this will be driven by my wife and sometimes by myself..

For the Taycan I’m not going for things like : 18 way seats, leather interior, head up display, ACC, 20/21 inch wheels… any cosmetic or luxury options..

however I am still interested in performance options ( , Rear wheel steer, air suspension and the differential )

could I get some input concerning these performance options ? Are they worth it ? Sadly I can’t test drive cars with these options cause my local dealer doesn’t have them..
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You're going to get the entire continuum of opinions, from absolutely get them all to skip them all, depending on personal preference.

For me, the Performance Package was a must have (PDCC, RWS, PTV+, Sport Chrono, etc.), as were the 18 way seats, fixed metal roof, and Mission E wheels. Everything else was a want.

If I had to do my build over again, I would have left ACC off the option list.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I prioritized performance features - it is a Porsche after all. I have MY20 4s with the performance package and love it. RAS is really noticeable. I like the convenience of sports chrono. PTV+ and PDCC I’m not as sure about only because I haven’t driven a 4s without them. But my 4s handles spectacularly - solidly planted at speed and flat in corners and on ramps. An absolute blast to drive. I would definitely buy the performance package if I were doing it again.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Dear members,

currently driving a model S ( before had a well speced Panamera and Macan ) this will be driven by my wife and sometimes by myself..

For the Taycan I’m not going for things like : 18 way seats, leather interior, head up display, ACC, 20/21 inch wheels… any cosmetic or luxury options..

however I am still interested in performance options ( , Rear wheel steer, air suspension and the differential )

could I get some input concerning these performance options ? Are they worth it ? Sadly I can’t test drive cars with these options cause my local dealer doesn’t have them..
Sir. Might I offer the following based on my recent experience --

1. Don't go PDCC. Your wife won't need it as a daily driver. And my opinion is you won't either. And this often can cause motion sickness

2. Maybe go for RAS. I know people (and I respect all of their opinions) swear by this but to me, unless you want to make the perfect U Turn, not needed.

3. Go for comfort. Get the leather seats. Instead of the Performance Pkg get the leather. You will feel good everytime you get in the car AND you will get more value than from PDCC.

4. Go for the 20 inch wheels. It makes the car look awesome and this is a car your wife will just want to go "yes" whenever she walks up to it.

5. Get air suspension and get PTV+. There is a great video on YouTube explaining why this makes sense when choosing RWD. Let me know if you need the link

Hope this helps. Good luck
Sam

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Dear members,

On the base RWD most buyers wouldn't expect to add performance options as it is a little contradictory as it is cosmetic.

FWIW - rear axle steering (inclusive of power steering plus), air and performance battery plus would be the basics. To add PTV+ and then PDCC would be pointless and a waste of money. Upgraded brakes would be another waste but suggest 20" rims at least.

Sports Chrono isn't a performance option per se nor would you expect it on an entry model but some folk like a gadget and a reference to performance.

Glass roof - needed if you want to add bars etc.

Wise to control spend.

OP
OP

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
On the base RWD most buyers wouldn't expect to add performance options as it is a little contradictory as it is cosmetic.

FWIW - rear axle steering (inclusive of power steering plus), air and performance battery plus would be the basics. To add PTV+ and then PDCC would be pointless and a waste of money. Upgraded brakes would be another waste but suggest 20" rims at least.

Sports Chrono isn't a performance option per se nor would you expect it on an entry model but some folk like a gadget and a reference to performance.

Glass roof - needed if you want to add bars etc.

Wise to control spend.
could you elaborate on the first part ? Performance options.. they are not cosmetic.. but rather the opposite, no ?

or areyou saying the RWD is low on power and doesn’t benefit from air suspension, rear axle steer ? Battery plus seems a given yes

OP
OP

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
Sir. Might I offer the following based on my recent experience --

1. Don't go PDCC. Your wife won't need it as a daily driver. And my opinion is you won't either. And this often can cause motion sickness

2. Maybe go for RAS. I know people (and I respect all of their opinions) swear by this but to me, unless you want to make the perfect U Turn, not needed.

3. Go for comfort. Get the leather seats. Instead of the Performance Pkg get the leather. You will feel good everytime you get in the car AND you will get more value than from PDCC.

4. Go for the 20 inch wheels. It makes the car look awesome and this is a car your wife will just want to go "yes" whenever she walks up to it.

5. Get air suspension and get PTV+. There is a great video on YouTube explaining why this makes sense when choosing RWD. Let me know if you need the link

Hope this helps. Good luck
Sam
Can you supply the link ?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
If that were my wife I would not even bother with the Porsche, where they purposely price their base models so you have to spend another 15-20% to bring up to the spec you would expect from a luxury vehicle.

A low spec Porsche isn't really worth it IMO as you miss out on what makes it a Porsche.

I would instead look at offerings from Merc, Audi, possibly BMW. Much better value and transparent in their pricing. Also far more simplistic options packages.

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
RAS is great! Definitely worth it. With RAS, Air Suspension is included, but Air Suspension is great! Makes the roadbumps very soft.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
could you elaborate on the first part ? Performance options.. they are not cosmetic.. but rather the opposite, no ?

or areyou saying the RWD is low on power and doesn’t benefit from air suspension, rear axle steer ? Battery plus seems a given yes
Folk who purchase entry level models generally dress their cars up with performance options (including debadging) to pretend the car is more than it actually is - hence cosmetic dressing. Fools folly and will depreciate more

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Folk who purchase entry level models generally dress their cars up with performance options (including debadging) to pretend the car is more than it actually is - hence cosmetic dressing. Fools folly and will depreciate more
RAS, air and PB+ are worth having - I thought that was clear.

OP
OP

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
you can’t see RAS/Airsuspension/PVT+.. so how can you call that dressing up or pretending ? Big rims, exterior packages… yes..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
you can’t see RAS/Airsuspension/PVT+.. so how can you call that dressing up or pretending ? Big rims, exterior packages… yes..
Really?

My point is that I listed 3 'performance options' which are worth having regardless of model variant chosen.

Questionable add-ons Sports Chrono, wheels, PSCB or PCCB brakes all of which are entirely visible I believe.
Sponsored