First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Can you supply the link ?

Another good one to watch -- look up Nick Murray's review of the RWD. Basically he says the same thing -- RWD with PTV+ and Air Suspension

Finally, what is your budget? You can spec a pretty nice 4S (with RAS) for $117 to 120k. Let me know if you need help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
RAS, air and PB+ are worth having - I thought that was clear.
Definitely PB+! Agree W1NGE. That was one of your first pieces of valuable advice you gave me. And I am so glad I listened!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
For the Taycan I’m not going for things like : 18 way seats, leather interior, head up display, ACC, 20/21 inch wheels… any cosmetic or luxury options..
I think you may regret not getting leather. I had a loaner without leather and it did not impress. It's a Porsche - not a Camry.

Air suspension a MUST for me. Rear steer really only required if you planning to drive hard / track events.

GreenDay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4, Porsche Macan S
Country flag
A little counterintuitive to want to keep costs low but still add a bunch of performance oriented options. Here is a short list as others have confirmed:

RAS - improved handling
PB+ - higher top speed and improved range
Air Suspension - improved performance on varying surfaces and active smart lift
Sport Chrono - Sport + mode (chassis tuning, battery temp control, Porsche active aerodynamics..) and steering mounted drive mode selector

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think you may regret not getting leather. I had a loaner without leather and it did not impress. It's a Porsche - not a Camry.

Air suspension a MUST for me. Rear steer really only required if you planning to drive hard / track events.
Rear axle steering (RAS) is a big bonus at low speed parking manoeuvres and not focussed on tracking.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Dear members,

I m ordering a Taycan ( base ) and want to keep it a low spec build…

currently driving a model S ( before had a well speced Panamera and Macan ) this will be driven by my wife and sometimes by myself..

For the Taycan I’m not going for things like : 18 way seats, leather interior, head up display, ACC, 20/21 inch wheels… any cosmetic or luxury options..

however I am still interested in performance options ( , Rear wheel steer, air suspension and the differential )

could I get some input concerning these performance options ? Are they worth it ? Sadly I can’t test drive cars with these options cause my local dealer doesn’t have them..
It is such a personal thing I think it is hard to give general advice.

Where I live and my general driving I rarely use motorways, and the road surfaces are often poor so cruise control extras are pointless but the air springs are not. I consider torque vectoring to be a modern improvement on a limited slip differential and I wouldn’t have a sporty car without that.

I am going for rear axle steering because I know and understand the engineering benefits. It looks pretty good value compared to a glass roof or adaptive cruise for me.

OTOH I have devoted quite a lot to interior options, 14 way massage and ventilated seats, full leather and race tex headlining and B pillar which are a bit expensive but the bits I see and interact with.
I don’t like the chrome badge and resent paying to have it black though, even though it isn’t that expensive, OTOH I don’t like shiny machined outer edges on wheels so am spending lots on painted wheels.

I think you are best just getting what you want within your budget!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Rear steer really only required if you planning to drive hard / track events.
Rear steer is not for track events. It’s primary benefit is for negotiating tight spaces at lower speeds, when the rear wheels turn opposite the front. You will barely even notice RAS on the track unless you’re doing a slalom.

OP
OP

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
at the moment I decided on air suspension, big battery.

concerning RAS and PTV+ .. with "normal" driving I guess it's not gonna make a hughe difference and just to be able to park more easily.. nah..

I also added sport chrono and the electric sound, but think I'm gonna skip those..

At the moment I have around 17000 euro in options.. problem with those options is, you don't get anything back in resale.. and you can keep adding and adding them :))

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

concerning RAS and PTV+ .. with "normal" driving I guess it's not gonna make a hughe difference and just to be able to park more easily.. nah..

I also added sport chrono and the electric sound, but think I'm gonna skip those..

At the moment I have around 17000 euro in options.. problem with those options is, you don't get anything back in resale.. and you can keep adding and adding them :))
There is resale value in PB+, air and sports Chrono - no question.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

Good choices. And hope our little forum helped you make choices you were comfortable with. Don't worry about resale -- buy a Porsche to enjoy now. And given the unfortunate world events, if you do plan to sell, my guess is you will get top dollars regardless of the options

That said, to W1NGE's message, if you are interested in resale, do consider Chrono. While your wife may not use it, the Porsche community are fanatics when it comes to this option -- specifically the clock on the dash. I have read plenty of notes where folks have turned down a car because it didn't have this option

Sound - definitely ditch

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
De gustibus non est disputandum.

But to balance the discussion, maybe another point of view:
I have Taycan without air suspension, without rear axle steering and without the battery +.
I like the car very much. I do not miss those options.

I only drive +400km a few times per year. I don't see the need to make the car more heavy with additional kilos of battery that save me only a few minutes of charging per year.
I usually have enough space to manoeuvre. Never felt the need for a shorter turning circle.
And the ride is exceptionally well and has adaptive damping without the air suspension. I think it looks good at default height. I do not see the need to lower it to make it look more sporty or something.

So yes these are all nice things to have, but to me, personally, not really must haves. It is just that: a personal choice.

OP
OP

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
to be honest... for battery degradation alone I would pick the bigger battery..

my model S has some serious degradation but I don't really mind.. but it's only gonna get worse.

@jasperp : I suppose you went for a base-build ? no leather interior ? but nice to hear it drives like it should !

To be honest, probably I could make due with the smaller battery and without the air and with out the exterior colour and the sport-chrono but then again.. there's also a model 3 ;)

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
There is resale value in PB+, air and sports Chrono - no question.
You will get a varied response about extras. Subliminally people will recommend what they bought and say its a must. I can only say that the standard springs are great on my RWD.
I have no RAS and I’m able to park easily as I have the surround view,
I have standard interior which is nice but I think full leather might be worth considering
the PB+ depends on your own preference(its not an investment),
Bose is better than the standard,
decent wheels and good paint make it look good
sports chrono on an electric RWD really?
sports sound... i tired of it on my 2nd demo car!
pano roof cos it’s bloody dark and if you want roof bars
PTV makes sense but I didn’t get and car is a whippet around the country lanes without it
lets be clear....all options will devalue as will the car. Spec it how YOU and YOUR pocket allow. A base Taycan is still a very good car. The more gadgets the more that can go wrong. The more extras you pick the more you will lose. The better model you pick the less it normally devalues but this car isn’t an investment ..... it’s just a great car....... albeit charging is a faf
by the way I’m only just over a week in on my ownership so might spec differently next time. A gts st sounds good but beyond my means.
anyway best of luck on whatever you get
Sponsored