Solution to cover the cup holders?

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are both cup holders in the front the same size? Could either accommodate the ashtray?

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
you could 3D print something cool or fill it with a bottle of wine! Wine fits perfect and im always driving with both hands on the wheel.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
So in theory, could get a couple of ashtrays. Cheers
Reason why I ordered smoking package. Also, cupholder serves as a spot for garage door opener - fits perfectly. (in case diamond button inop)
Porsche Taycan Solution to cover the cup holders? opener

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Does anyone have the inside dimensions for the holes? - I am sure there will be a slot-in box or caddy somewhere on fleabay or Alibaba.

What is more annoying than the front cupholders are the ones in the rear (just from my 2 test drives).

I just can't understand why there is no cover for these - even a basic unpadded lid over the armrest - anything to stop your elbow slipping into the holes.

We need a new term for an arm rest that can't rest arms and is only useful for someone with a coffee cup to set down.

Anti-arm tea-tray? arm rejector? posture corrector? anti-slouch storage device? Russian tin-opener?

;)
I call it the “Peacemaker” because it is good for keeping a little distance between my kids in the backseat. ?

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
you could 3D print something cool or fill it with a bottle of wine! Wine fits perfect and im always driving with both hands on the wheel.
Don't have a 3d printer but I do have a woodshop...I threw these together as a prototype to see how I would like them
Porsche Taycan Solution to cover the cup holders? Tyacan__CupHolders

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I second the "smoker package". I don't smoke and optioned it. The aesthetic is great and the ambient lights still appear with it in place. I bought a second one from Sun Coast since I rarely have a drink in the car. They are easy to remove, you can toss coins or whatever into them, and they don't in any way look like they are meant for smoking. Just about everyone that has ridden in the car asks what they are for and compliments them for looking "cool".

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I second the "smoker package". I don't smoke and optioned it. The aesthetic is great and the ambient lights still appear with it in place. I bought a second one from Sun Coast since I rarely have a drink in the car. They are easy to remove, you can toss coins or whatever into them, and they don't in any way look like they are meant for smoking. Just about everyone that has ridden in the car asks what they are for and compliments them for looking "cool".
I optioned the smoker's package as well (it was the only thing -- other than the the cheap-ass Taycan pen -- that Porsche provides free of charge) and it is perfect for holding Skittles, Mike & Ikes, THC-laced gummy bears, sunflower seeds, etc. etc. for a little road trip. I also applied a small piece of velcro on the top of mine which, in combination with a small piece of female velcro on the back of my iPhone, makes for a snazzy little iPhone easel. I would however like to see a Panamera-esque spring-loaded option for the other hole.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I optioned the smoker's package as well (it was the only thing -- other than the the cheap-ass Taycan pen -- that Porsche provides free of charge) and it is perfect for holding Skittles, Mike & Ikes, THC-laced gummy bears, sunflower seeds, etc. etc. for a little road trip. I also applied a small piece of velcro on the top of mine which, in combination with a small piece of female velcro on the back of my iPhone, makes for a snazzy little iPhone easel. I would however like to see a Panamera-esque spring-loaded option for the other hole.
Yep I too would like to see the Panamera-like solution as looks the slickest thing I've seen to date and essentially functional too as intended. In it's absence I may also consider the ashtray unit.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
I located a 3D printer fabricator who was good enough to create a Taycan cupholder insert to hold an Apple-sized Qi charger. For my purposes (charging, get-phone-out-of-pocket, occasional peek at phone) this works great. The MagSafe hold is reliable and the cord was esay to snake into the compartment's USB-C port. And the compact insert is easily removed.

Porsche Taycan Solution to cover the cup holders? IMG_0015

Porsche Taycan Solution to cover the cup holders? IMG_0013

Porsche Taycan Solution to cover the cup holders? IMG_0011

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I located a 3D printer fabricator who was good enough to create a Taycan cupholder insert to hold an Apple-sized Qi charger. For my purposes (charging, get-phone-out-of-pocket, occasional peek at phone) this works great. The MagSafe hold is reliable and the cord was esay to snake into the compartment's USB-C port. And the compact insert is easily removed.

IMG_0015.jpeg

IMG_0013.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg
Nice, how can other people order this?