Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
But for Chalk, the door panel is in black:
Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 1646730070884-

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 1646730153430-
< Actual colour, indoor lighting

Note the configurator colours are way off!
I do not agree. Chalk (or crayon in Germany) is in real life as shown in the configurator. It's a very light grey/white tone without any touch of brown/beige.

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours chalk

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I do not agree. Chalk (or crayon in Germany) is in real life as shown in the configurator. It's a very light grey/white tone without any touch of brown/beige.

chalk.jpg
Perhaps I was shown the wrong sample? I will check with my dealer.

That interior is still very nice though.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Cherry/Chalk (Crayon in the US) rules! Still incredibly happy with that combo here.

20201128_161219~2.jpg

20201128_161125.jpg
That picture is the chalk/beige which the OP didn't like...

The one the OP prefers is called Crayon on the UK configurator but Chalk on the US one.
It is mainly black with crayon seat facings and flashes on the otherwise black doors and centre console.

I, like you, like the interior in the picture, not least because the back of the front seats is a light colour which means the back seat passengers will feel less like they are in a dungeon.

This is the only interior available with an airy feel for the rear seat occupants.

To my taste all the interiors except this chalk/beige, Truffle and Blackberry have too much black in them and will be both oppressive and get hot in the sun.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Is that (in UK colour names ?) Chalk Beige?

It's just the whole door panel in the coloured leather is covered with Chalk Beige:

1646729998352.png

1646730208102.png

1646730070884.png

1646730153430.png

Correct. That is indeed what is called in the UK configurator Black/Chalk Beige. Same in European configurator.

The bottom photo is the Black/Crayon interior. To white for my taste.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Perhaps I was shown the wrong sample? I will check with my dealer.
Yes, I think so. Chalk is definitely light grey/white as shown in the picture and configurator.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is that (in UK colour names ?) Chalk Beige?

It's just the whole door panel in the coloured leather is covered with Chalk Beige:

1646729998352.png

1646730208102.png

1646730070884.png

1646730153430.png

Crayon / black AND Chalk Beige / black are available in UK.

Crayon is crayon - not beige. Chalk beige is beige and quite different to crayon.

The top picture is decidedly beige IE Chalk Beige.

Crayon is not white and if anything a very pale grey - popular choice.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Crayon / black AND Chalk Beige / black are available in UK.

Crayon is crayon - not beige. Chalk beige is beige and quite different to crayon.

The top picture is decidedly beige IE Chalk Beige.

Crayon is not white and if anything a very pale grey - popular choice.
The confusion, and it is long running and massive it seems to me, is what is called crayon on the UK and Euro configurator is called chalk on the US one leaving lots of potential for the frequent confusion between crayon (chalk) and chalk/beige. I have no idea what chalk/beige is called on the US configurator

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The confusion, and it is long running and massive it seems to me, is what is called crayon on the UK and Euro configurator is called chalk on the US one leaving lots of potential for the frequent confusion between crayon (chalk) and chalk/beige. I have no idea what chalk/beige is called on the US configurator
Please excuse me as I take a 15 minute break from work to write some bemusing nonsense ?:

I've taken a look at our US friend's configurator and I can now see why it's so confusing:

Black/Limestone Beige (US) is Black/Chalk Beige (UK)
Black/Chalk (US)
is Black/Crayon (UK)

So when the UK is referencing "chalk" they do mean Crayon. However, if they say "Chalk Beige", the US thinks they are talking about Chalk, which is actually Crayon. It's the only interior colour in the US that has any reference to "Chalk", hence the confusion.

In the UK, the only colour that has reference to Chalk is beige, but we/I sometimes refer to Crayon as "chalk" though never mention "beige" in that same sentence, where Crayon as a colour is just awkward. "Chalk" is a more descriptive word for the Porsche-named colour: "Crayon" (off-white/grey).

Crayon is not a colour in English, it's a descriptive word for an object. The word Crayon conjures up this image of multi-colours for most Brits, which is why it's such an awkward and meaningless name for a colour:

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 1646751741302

However, if you search the German word "crayon", this is the consistent result, by a brand called Stockmar:

Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 1646751849722
Porsche Taycan Pictures of Taycan leather samples in light colours 1646752111441

Where this off-white colour is synonymous with a brand in Germany that manufactures crayons, perhaps that is why they use such a meaningless colour name globally that only serves to confuse in markets that didn't grow up with Stockmar crayons?

Right, back to work...

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
I came across an available dealer allocation on a GTS ST that is black metallic with black leather. Had I built it myself I probably would have went with volcano grey with black leather but didn’t want to wait that long for another allocation..

7DFE97C0-BB41-41DE-A35E-A8DC210DC4A8.jpeg

[/QUOTE)

Congrats! I have the same specs but in the sedan version. Please post more pics!

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

chalk.jpg
I have Chalk interior in my Taycan and in no way is it beige or beige toned, it's a light light grey. I've owned several Chalk 911s, and my interior in no way is similar in color to the paint on those cars. On another note, the color holds up well, does not get dirty even on the bolster sliding in and out of the car. I was concerned about it being so light it might show dirt, but it doesn't.

KConway

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RWD Taycan
Country flag
My first Pcar purchase so I’m throwing this out to you experts.
i presently have configured a full leather in black with race-tex headliner and B-pilar. Would a chalk/black interior with the black race-tex headliner/pilar be weird/ugly?

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My first Pcar purchase so I’m throwing this out to you experts.
i presently have configured a full leather in black with race-tex headliner and B-pilar. Would a chalk/black interior with the black race-tex headliner/pilar be weird/ugly?
Absolutely not, it would look incredible! That is precisely my interior spec for the GTS I've ordered.

I've seen the Race-Tex in two different Taycan's now. It is not a deep black. More of a charcoal to dark grey depending on how the light hits the nap.

It looks very nice against black leather, and is also standard with some interior trims that use black leather, even if other parts of the trim are in lighter leather.

Consider leather sun visors as well since that's the only part of the roof you'll be handling. It will look better rather than scratchy cheap plastic; it's cheap by Porsche options standards; keeps things uniform; and won't deteriorate as much as Race-Tex when regularly pawing at it.