First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Where did you get this done...?
Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. Tell him Ron sent you ?, for what it's worth.

Also if you're in the San Jose/Almaden Valley area you can direct message me if you want to see their work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Stealth went to Service Monday and Back home Wednesday. I had a Panamera 4 e-Hybrid. It was comfy but it was no Taycan! I missed Stealth soooo much.

I had a lot of miscellaneous software things most of which were one time occurrences that I was piling up but the most irritating was the recent charging event at Electrify America with 7% and battery at 87°F and was only getting 66 kW. And Electrify America was able to confirm the car was only asking for 71 kW Max. I was impressed that this is the first time I have called Electrify America and had them be able to find out what the car was requesting. I think they’re getting many questions on the Taycan and are now figuring out how to answer them. I did even stop and restart the session 3 times on two different chargers and all the ways was stuck at this 66 kW.

On the positive side I do want to say that the car did a spectacular job of warming the battery when routing to a fast charger. With outside temperatures of 46°F I had the battery at 82°F with some spirited driving at 11:06 PM and at 11:36 PM when I arrived at the charger the battery was at 87°F with outside temperatures of 45°F.

The service center is hopeful that the software update to the high-voltage system will address my concerns. I will be testing at my earliest convenience. They level to charge the battery up to 100% while it was at the service center so I need to do a little driving before I get an opportunity to test DCFC again.

Updates: WLG6 39.600.015 (or higher) Scope 1 (TU 0.75)

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For those reviews that say the Taycan is for folks with 2 or 3 other cars. This is my daily driver. I have carried an 8ft 4x4 from Home Depot and a 6ft poll chain saw. I really love the 2+1 rear seat option that gives the 40/20/40 split.
Note: I often keep a packing blanket in the trunk to protect the finish.
Of course this is not why I bought the vehicle, I know what’s it best at, twisty roads, but it’s good to know it is flexible too.
Porsche Taycan Please Welcome Stealth 3E6CA09E-8F44-4A2B-9DDB-F2C791A2A0D5
Porsche Taycan Please Welcome Stealth 75046525-34F1-4E51-BEBB-133F35DA5642
Porsche Taycan Please Welcome Stealth 5424B529-E636-408C-97D3-E5ECC4E93F27

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
WLG6 was released in August and it fixed 1) some A/C charging issue causing 12v battery drainage and 2) premature stop of DC charging. If your car was built after August like mine, it already had it. The dealer is shooting in the dark if they suggested it will fix the slow DC charging issue. You can read the details in the TSB
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10179278-0001.pdf
I hear you Chris, I am hoping that WLG6 was just a boiler plate statement for the service report. Even if Stuttgart didn’t apply WLG6 then PECLA certainly would have before I picked up the car on November 11th.

So far I’m still about 40% SoC so cannot even go for a charging test yet. This weekend I’ll be doing 300 miles at least so will get some opportunities and be at 350 kW chargers as well. I will want to have at least four successful fast charges in a row before I even start to feel semi-good.

I just crossed 5000 miles today.

BTW: I saw a post in another thread by a German owner about an update coming in late February. I will hold out for that to materialize if I continue to have problems. But I will try to be optimistic with what I have applied now.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After service visit have not seen a noticeable charging failure and have gotten my best Charging Session to date:

Arrival: 4% SoC & Batt 89F/32C 7pm outside temp 55F/13C
Charged just 12min 40 sec as we wanted to get to destination.
Departure 61% SoC & Batt 125F/52C
Received 51kWh in 12.67min => 242kW Average Charging Speed....
The Taycan is Fast on the Road and Fast in the Pits...

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Stealth got more Stealthy today.

I now realize I never mentioned that I had gotten a full Expel Ultra PPF wrap on my baby. I had originally decided on a wrap to the mirrors long before delivery then in negotiation I went for a full wrap and he threw in Expel Ultra 10 on the nose also had requested darkening the side markers vs ordering replacement clear ones.

they had originally forgotten to do the side markers so I went back today to get that taken care of, see photos below of before which was I’m sorry a different day versus after with the lights off and on.
0C02B661-4390-4DB8-935B-DC97EF07761F.jpeg
F22135CB-E6F5-4AB4-9021-08A8CF5D6CD5.jpeg
B61BA90B-21A8-4954-8E38-31CAF3A23969.jpeg

I think it really works for Volcano Grey or Black but maybe not as well with other body colors.

By the way I also got ceramic coat and window tint for the side and rear windows. 70% for front and 55% for rear. For those curious, the cost for the package was around $5k.
Looks awesome! Where in the Bay Area did you go for the XPEL application?

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

lubricious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. Tell him Ron sent you ?, for what it's worth.

Also if you're in the San Jose/Almaden Valley area you can direct message me if you want to see their work.
Nice! I'm in LG. Looking forward to seeing your vehicle driving around! :D

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well so much for Stealth being unscathed by the frightening error codes. This evening after driving just 7 miles and stopping to shop for about 45min. Returning to car and unable to put into drive. Right dial initially shows info screen then changes to “Electrical system error - Service required”.

Porsche Taycan Please Welcome Stealth 3ED206DC-BF24-470E-803D-3845C370AE7B

Turned off and on several times with the same error and unable to drive. I was able to See that the 12 V battery was at 13.2 and dropped to 13.1 if I turned off the headlights. But never drops below that.

We locked And left of the car for five minutes and returned with no improvement to the situation.

Was able to open the frunk And used my battery booster on the 12 V battery. Able to get it to 13.3 V but with no additional success. My daughter picked up my wife and groceries while I called for Porsche vehicle support for a tow. While waiting I went for a bit of a walk and upon returning about 10 minutes later the vehicle error no longer occurred and all was fine again. Cancel the tow and will contact the dealership tomorrow.

I must say that this experience does not fill me with confidence. I do hope for a decent software update soon as we Are planning a camping trip the end of March.

I know there are many threads on approximately this topic, mostly getting the approximate error while driving, which would be much more frightening. So I see no reason to start a new thread unless I have some fabulous news. Will keep you posted.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well so much for Stealth being unscathed by the frightening error codes. This evening after driving just 7 miles and stopping to shop for about 45min. Returning to car and unable to put into drive. Right dial initially shows info screen then changes to “Electrical system error - Service required”.

3ED206DC-BF24-470E-803D-3845C370AE7B.jpeg

Turned off and on several times with the same error and unable to drive. I was able to See that the 12 V battery was at 13.2 and dropped to 13.1 if I turned off the headlights. But never drops below that.

We locked And left of the car for five minutes and returned with no improvement to the situation.

Was able to open the frunk And used my battery booster on the 12 V battery. Able to get it to 13.3 V but with no additional success. My daughter picked up my wife and groceries while I called for Porsche vehicle support for a tow. While waiting I went for a bit of a walk and upon returning about 10 minutes later the vehicle error no longer occurred and all was fine again. Cancel the tow and will contact the dealership tomorrow.

I must say that this experience does not fill me with confidence. I do hope for a decent software update soon as we Are planning a camping trip the end of March.

I know there are many threads on approximately this topic, mostly getting the approximate error while driving, which would be much more frightening. So I see no reason to start a new thread unless I have some fabulous news. Will keep you posted.
Really sorry to hear that Ron.

I had thought that this problem, which seems very separate from the 12V battery issue, usually happens early in ownership (i.e. something fundamentally wrong with the hardware), but I know you've had your car a while now, which suggests it is probably a software issue (unless the hardware is susceptible to degradation over time). How many miles do you have on the clock?

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just wanted to say something after watching two Taycan Cross Turismo videos and hearing about functionality with bikes. This last weekend my son and I took two mountain bikes in the back of the Taycan 4S. Had to remove front wheels and put down two packing blankets to protect the carpet. Stored the helmets and backpack in the frunk. I am still satisfied with the everyday usability of the vehicle.

Now would it have been easier to put the bike rack on my Chevy Bolt EV? Well yes, but not as sporty...:cool:

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Really sorry to hear that Ron.

I had thought that this problem, which seems very separate from the 12V battery issue, usually happens early in ownership (i.e. something fundamentally wrong with the hardware), but I know you've had your car a while now, which suggests it is probably a software issue (unless the hardware is susceptible to degradation over time). How many miles do you have on the clock?
Thank you Doc.
I am thinking it's software. My milage is now just over 6000 miles in 3 months.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you Doc.
I am thinking it's software. My milage is now just over 6000 miles in 3 months.
I am sorry to hear about your problem. Did you take it to the dealer? They can pull the error codes and get an idea of what component triggered the error.
Sponsored